• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dortmund right now:
8jUkwt7.jpg

Crazy, just crazy.

Heh, that's kind of a weird pic (impossible to take from that angle, afair). Probably a drone.

Never been more bummed that I'm going to miss a match. :(

If it's any consolation: Today's game will be painful to watch for Liverpool fans!
Just kidding, Kloppo's counter attacking style is a huge threat to us.

Confirmed #LFC team to face @BVB: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi.

Firmino and Sturridge on the bench. Needed Firmino more than Sturridge for this one i think, Origi's been playing well and working hard, and he's more of a presense than Sturridge. Don't mind his inclusion at all, big test for him though.

Firmino will be a big miss but still, absolutely buzzing for tonight. I've only seen a bit of Dortmund this season in the first leg against Spurs and they were different level, a weakened Spurs side i know but still...Looked a top, top side on the night.

Our starting XI for tonight's match against Liverpool FC:

Weidenfeller, Piszczek, Bender, Hummels, Schmelzer, Castro, Weigl, Durm, Mkhitaryan, Reus, Aubameyang

Auf der Bank://Out subs: Bürki, Sahin, Ginter, Leitner, Pulisic, Sokratis, Kagawa

Durm instead of Shinji or Sahin again :/

That went better than expected. Quite a good performance really. Still amazed we didn't score in that spell where we had three shots in a minute or so.

T-Rex.

Banned
Very good performance. In all honesty I just wanted us to get back to Anfield and still be in the tie so this result is great.

Frustrating to watch... Good game by Liverpool but we were pretty bad. Defense looked shaky (as it did against Bremen), we always played the wrong pass in attack and Tuchel's decisions were questionable. Durm should just not play as winger against proper teams and Castro should have been subbed.

Moreno is an idiot
Should have been a yellow, what a terrible challenge.

King_Moc

Banned
Very good performance by Liverpool. A shame they should have got a goal with that string of shots around 58 minutes or so in.

Moreno is nuts, he needs to calm down. Sakho MotM for me, which is starting to become a bit of a thing.

T-Rex.

Banned
It's gonna be tough keeping Dortmund's attack as quiet as we did this match at Anfield, but based on this their defence can also be got at. They looked terrified of Origi and add a match fit Firmino to the mix (and Sturridge) and it's looking good.

Floody

Missed the game, but really happy with the result, expected us (Liverpool) to lose by a few, but a 1-1 draw is a great result. We are still far too inconsistent for me to be confident we'll finish off BvB, but I'll be a little less worried now.

Hopefully Firmino is fully fit for Anfield and we might just be able to beat.

Moreno's daft as fuck, loves a mad two footed lunge tackle, a mad two footed lunge tackle at the opposing teams corner flag is one for the books.

I fear Klopp might kill him one day.

Very good performance. In all honesty I just wanted us to get back to Anfield and still be in the tie so this result is great.

Same, very happy with that.

Good result for Liverpool. Cheers.
I had to turn the game off due to unexpected, work-related circumstances.

The first half went as I expected: Liverpool would counter dangerously and we would be exposed a couple times while being ineffective as always up front.

I still think we can come back in Liverpool. So there's that hope at least..

Jack cw

Surprised by Liverpool. I thought Dortmund would crush them. Result is dangerous, Anfield will burn. And why are Reus and Aubameyang always hiding in big games?

Surprised by Liverpool. I thought Dortmund would crush them. Result is dangerous, Anfield will burn. And why are Reus and Aubameyang always hiding in big games?
It's not like Micky, Durm or Castro were great, either. Except for Weidenfeller, Weigl and Hummels (aside from the Liverpool goal), everyone was disappointing.

And honestly, I could see it having something to do with Kloppo. It was a very strange atmosphere. Yes, we wanted to win, but it felt like a draw against Kloppo is good for everyone.

Next week's match will be different. Kloppo's not coming back, we're playing at Anfield and need to win. I hope we can put out our best on the field. And if Ilkay and Sokratis are back and Durm stops playing at RW, I'm fairly confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom