• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

tumblr_o5defmggHv1s9yadgo1_400.gif

They will draw tomorrow. Breitenreiter is the saviour.

Deutscher a fuss ball Meister fcb
Doubt it. Bvb has been playing too solidly to loose against a schalke team that is soo shaky. I cant name one Schalke player that played up to his potential the last few weeks. Maybe leroy sane but one player doesnt make a team.

I also hear breitenreiter may be fired pretty soon.

Syder

Got absolutely screwed by terrible refereeing yet again against Arsenal today. We should have been 1-0 up before Özil's goal without a doubt. At 2-0 I was thinking 'Yup, I'll take a draw right now' but the defending on all 3 of Arsenal's goals was fairly questionable and we only have ourselves to blame there, and to have been in a winning position to only draw is incredibly disappointing. Carroll played an absolute blinder and performances like that are exemplary of why we spent £15m on him.

Oh well, I met a guy at the game who sold me his ticket to the replay against Man U so I'm feeling pretty good.

Old School Striking Magnificence! - Also, a prime example of why Aaron Cresswell should be in contention for England.

Got absolutely screwed by terrible refereeing yet again against Arsenal today. We should have been 1-0 up before Özil's goal without a doubt. At 2-0 I was thinking 'Yup, I'll take a draw right now' but the defending on all 3 of Arsenal's goals was fairly questionable and we only have ourselves to blame there, and to have been in a winning position to only draw is incredibly disappointing. Carroll played an absolute blinder and performances like that are exemplary of why we spent £15m on him.

Oh well, I met a guy at the game who sold me his ticket to the replay against Man U so I'm feeling pretty good.

Old School Striking Magnificence! - Also, a prime example of why Aaron Cresswell should be in contention for England.

I honestly can't believe how he keeps being overlooked. I loved watching him play for Ipswich and the step up to the Premier League hasn't fazed him one bit. A consistently excellent full back.

Holy shit, Tuchel doesn't give two fucks about the derby :(

BVB: Bürki, Bender, Leitner, Hummels, Sahin, Ramos, Pulisic, Kagawa, Sokratis, Ginter, Durm

Unsere Bank: // Our subs: Weidenfeller, Gündogan, Mkhitaryan, Reus, Aubameyang, Piszczek, Castro

vs

S04: Fährmann - Riether, Matip, Neustädter, Kolasinac - Geis, Höjbjerg - Caicara, Belhanda, Sané - Huntelaar.

Come on, Schlacke are so bad right now your B Jugend could beat them.

Generally I'd agree, but it's a derby - different rules apply, yada yada.

Leitner in midfield is either going to be bullied to death or will RISE FROM THE ASHES as the one true Gündogan successor
zero chance for the latter, lol

Holy shit, Tuchel doesn't give two fucks about the derby :(

vs

BVB: Bürki, Bender, Leitner, Hummels, Sahin, Ramos, Pulisic, Kagawa, Sokratis, Ginter, Durm

not a bad line up at all

kagawa should get more playtime as he has shown consistency throughout this season. ramos has gotten much better since march or so.

Its a bit strange that mickey, auba and reus are not in there though. I would have expected at least one of those guys

leitner and pulisic are the only ones I would consider true B teamers.
Generally I'd agree, but it's a derby - different rules apply, yada yada.

Leitner in midfield is either going to be bullied to death or will RISE FROM THE ASHES as the one true Gündogan successor
zero chance for the latter, lol

sahin will be the gündogan successor. gündogan after all was the sahin successor

moojito

Shaky start here from Leshter. Need a goal to settle the nerves.

edit: does anyone know how this version of the "hello! hello! we are the" chant I hear the EPL crowds singing goes?
I'm only familiar the rangers version, and I doubt it's the same kind of blood they're up to their knees in.

moojito

What the hell, I didn't know where the ball went when Vardy kicked that. Neither did the commentator, I think. There was just a moment of silence.

Moobabe

Honestly sick of Leicester.

Referees never give fouls, never give penalties against them all under the guise of Leicester being "hard working" and "honest."

Referees are paralysed that they might be the ones to cost Leicester points and, as such, give nothing.

In a nutshell there - Morgan ALL over the back of Defoe, nothing, then Huth wins a free kick seconds later.

Firemind

Referees never give fouls, never give penalties against them all under the guise of Leicester being "hard working" and "honest."

Referees are paralysed that they might be the ones to cost Leicester points and, as such, give nothing.
hahahahahahaha

Cormano

In a nutshell there - Morgan ALL over the back of Defoe, nothing, then Huth wins a free kick seconds later.

6fe.jpg

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Worth checking to see how many suspensions they've had this year. One? Two at the most?

Also I love how "exciting" Leicester's 1-0 wins are. When we did it it was boring.

It's only exciting because every 1-0 gets Leicester closer to the title.

it's easily the biggest upset in the pl history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom