• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

still in shock about leicester's title run in having the same ruthless efficiency of mourinho and ferguson's best sides. actually bizarre.

We desperately need to fix our defense for Thursday. It's been shit since the international break. 2 goals against Werder and Schalke, that's just not good enough.

Pennywise

We desperately need to fix our defense for Thursday. It's been shit since the international break. 2 goals against Werder and Schalke, that's just not good enough.

All these changes were really affecting our lineup and Sahin still needs more time.
Don't worry.
Pisczek - Sokratis - Hummels - Schmelzer will work on Thursday.
Weigl and Gündogan in front of them and we're good to go.

can anyone explain why kagawa is not being considered that much by tuchel? he scored last week and this week again
Kagawa's been shit more often than not. He had to adjust to Tuchel's system though. In Klopp's he was sort of like a fixed point 10er and the game took place around him, now he's much more of a midfielder and has to run way more.

BVB: Bürki, Bender, Leitner, Hummels, Sahin, Ramos, Pulisic, Kagawa, Sokratis, Ginter, Durm

not a bad line up at all

kagawa should get more playtime as he has shown consistency throughout this season. ramos has gotten much better since march or so.

Its a bit strange that mickey, auba and reus are not in there though. I would have expected at least one of those guys

leitner and pulisic are the only ones I would consider true B teamers.

sahin will be the gündogan successor. gündogan after all was the sahin successor

Gündogan may have been signed to replace Sahin, but he's a totally different player. He's much more of box-to-box central midfielder (like Xabi or Modric) rather than the other type Busquets, Xabi Alonso. We don't really have anyone who is like Gündogan, but have two of the other type (Sahin & Weigl).

7 changes for lfc. It's all about the return leg on Thursday.

Yup, but at the end of the day we may end up failing in both games.
But on the other hand, a draw is fine by me, especially if we advance in EL.

----
Goddamn do I dislike Durm right now. We need to sell him and get some left-footed LB to inherit position from Schmelzer's.

moojito

Ranieri has conceded that Leicester have a possibility of playing in the champion's league next season. Steady on there old chap, no need to get ahead of yourself!

Lunar FC

Ranieri has conceded that Leicester have a possibility of playing in the champion's league next season. Steady on there old chap, no need to get ahead of yourself!

Well isn't that all but guaranteed at this point?

Edit: Ojo waiting way too long to shoot theresies.

Pennywise

Goddamn do I dislike Durm right now. We need to sell him and get some left-footed LB to inherit position from Schmelzer's.

Pls.
While I certainly agree that he is in a shocking form lately, he still is a valuable player.
Especially since Piszcek isn't getting any younger.

We bought a LB and that guy failed miserably, rather sell Park and get a decent LB and let Durm focus on the right side.

The only downside to Leicester winning it is that we'll be subjected to a decade of 'There's nothing wrong the game, little Leicester proved that!' comments.

Pls.
While I certainly agree that he is in a shocking form lately, he still is a valuable player.
Especially since Piszcek isn't getting any younger.

We bought a LB and that guy failed miserably, rather sell Park and get a decent LB and let Durm focus on the right side.

He's not. He's just ordinarily gifted (at best), he's apparently also dumb as fuck and an egoistic cunt. Piszczek, Ginter and Passlack are good enough RB options. Also Kuba may stick for another year, so he'd also be up for a classic RM position when Tuchel chooses to play so.

Schmelzer & (left-footed) Mr. X should be our LB options, another left-footed winger (who could do LM) would be great too.

Sell Durm & Park.

Pennywise

Thank you Schlacke for this game. Or Tuchel.

He's not. He's just ordinarily gifted (at best), he's apparently also dumb as fuck and an egoistic cunt. Piszczek, Ginter and Passlack are good enough RB options. Also Kuba may stick for another year, so he'd also be up for a classic RM position when Tuchel chooses to play so.

Schmelzer & (left-footed) Mr. X should be our LB options, another left-footed winger (who could do LM) would be great too.

Sell Durm & Park.
I like Durm as RB, and RB only.
He can do well as RM, if we got enough space.

Passlack needs more time anyway, same goes for Pulisic.
Not made for 90 minutes yet, but had some great scenes.

Durm just needs a break, sell Park and get a decent LB.

Carbonox

Ben Arfa hat-trick, only Ibra has scored more in Ligue 1. Go on son. Nice have a real shot at making the Champs League thanks to him. Curious what level of teams will be interested in signing him in the Summer given he's really turned his career around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom