• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Hummels to Bayern is immenent. Player and agent indirectly gave serious hints, german media has it too. Mundo deportivo wrote that Barca never had any interest im buying him. Hummels said that when the time is right to make his decision public, then the people know why it was so hard for him.

Hummels to Bayern is immenent. Player and agent indirectly gave serious hints, german media has it too. Mundo deportivo wrote that Barca never had any interest im buying him. Hummels said that when the time is right to make his decision public, then the people know why it was so hard for him.

"Imminent"

Have you spent too much time at Sport 1 HQ again my friend?

There's nothing indicating that Hummels will go to Bayern in his interview. He said "When I've made my decision, everyone will understand why the decision was so hard for me." and actually, a move to Bayern doesn't make sense in this context to me. I mean really, how would any BVB fan say "yeah, BVB vs. Bayern, I understand why it took him so long to decide.". It sounds more like Barca to me. "His" BVB vs. a more or less guaranteed CL title and playing with the currently best players in the world.

Jack cw

"Imminent"

Have you spent too much time at Sport 1 HQ again my friend?

There's nothing indicating that Hummels will go to Bayern in his interview. He said "When I've made my decision, everyone will understand why the decision was so hard for me." and actually, a move to Bayern doesn't make sense in this context to me. I mean really, how would any BVB fan say "yeah, BVB vs. Bayern, I understand why it took him so long to decide.". It sounds more like Barca to me. "His" BVB vs. a more or less guaranteed CL title and playing with the currently best players in the world.
Stage 1.

Jack cw

Wasn't Klopp to Bayern imminent as well?

Yes. Then Klinsmann happened.
tumblr_n82a87QNoh1qg0x4wo1_250.gif

Who else can yall see being out the door for pool this summer besides the obvious (Balo, Benteke)?
Enrique, Benteke, Bogdan and Balotelli are certainties
Skrtel, Toure, Lucas are probables
Sturridge, Henderson, Moreno and Flanagan I can see going, but personally want to keep them

Can see Mignolet going as well if we get a new keeper

This season's been a write-off for Henderson. Never looked fit since his foot problem surfaced, and he was injured before that iirc.

Hard to imagine that Watzke would allow two cornerstones of the team (Gündogan & Hummels) to leave in one season.
The incarnate Bundesliga parasite could certainly pull one of their "advance loan now, (free) transfer in a year" things like they with many other player before (e.g. Lewansowski), but they need a CB right now and Hummels would not think out loud about leaving, so I don't think this particular scenario will play out.

Watzke will certainly be in a lot of shit if he sells Hummels while presenting Goatze as "look what they gave us in return".

So yeah, both leaving is unlikely, one of them going full on parasite is even more unlikely.

But we'll have to wait and see.

TeddyBoy

Enrique, Benteke, Bogdan and Balotelli are certainties
Skrtel, Toure, Lucas are probables
Sturridge, Henderson, Moreno and Flanagan I can see going, but personally want to keep them

I don't see Henderson going, he's our captain and we'll definitely give him another season.

Teixeira from the academy will also go, his contract will expire this summer.

I think Ibe might go, he's not been playing for a while and we're looking at wingers quite a lot.

Markovic is also on the maybe list.

I really want Lallana to leave, he's just not good enough for us.

We need better than Lallana in the first 11, would be a decent squad player on current form though.

Think Ibe may look to leave, he needs gametime, and a step down to get it probably.

I fear Henderson and Sturridge leaving more than expecting it really.

Don't even know why Teixeira is still with us tbh

24hr

Great goal by Alexis. Obviously I want us to win but would be interesting to see the reaction if we somehow lost.

Hard to imagine that Watzke would allow two cornerstones of the team (Gündogan & Hummels) to leave in one season.
The incarnate Bundesliga parasite could certainly pull one of their "advance loan now, (free) transfer in a year" things like they with many other player before (e.g. Lewansowski), but they need a CB right now and Hummels would not think out loud about leaving, so I don't think this particular scenario will play out.

Watzke will certainly be in a lot of shit if he sells Hummels while presenting Goatze as "look what they gave us in return".

So yeah, both leaving is unlikely, one of them going full on parasite is even more unlikely.

But we'll have to wait and see.
We have to consider that there's Micky as well. If Micky stays, I can see both Gündogan and Hummels leaving. I mean, Gündogan was basically already gone last year and we even have his replacement already (Weigl/Castro and Merino coming). If Hummels wants to go to Barca/Real/anyone except Bayern, then he will be allowed to go considering what he's done for the club. Micky might be unlucky in this case and "forced" to stay, considering we don't really expect ridiculous sums if the Juve rumors are true.

However, if all three want to go and Hummels wants to go to Bayern, I don't see Watzke agreeing to this for the Hummels transfer. It would just be a disaster to sell 3 first team players, with the current captain going to Bayern. Even if we sign Götze, the mood will be that we might as well stop playing football at that point :lol

We have to consider that there's Micky as well. If Micky stays, I can see both Gündogan and Hummels leaving. I mean, Gündogan was basically already gone last year and we even have his replacement already (Weigl/Castro and Merino coming). If Hummels wants to go to Barca/Real/anyone except Bayern, then he will be allowed to go considering what he's done for the club. Micky might be unlucky in this case and "forced" to stay, considering we don't really expect ridiculous sums if the Juve rumors are true.

However, if all three want to go and Hummels wants to go to Bayern, I don't see Watzke agreeing to this for the Hummels transfer. It would just be a disaster to sell 3 first team players, with the current captain going to Bayern. Even if we sign Götze, the mood will be that we might as well stop playing football at that point :lol

Yeah, that's a good assessment. I just feel like Micky already decided to stay, even though it's not official yet, but sure, he may want to leave as well. Watzke definitely messed up with his 4y contract. Though even with Micky staying (and considering Gündogan is already gone), I still have a really hard time imagining Watzke letting Hummels go to Mordor. Spain, sure - but not Mordor.

I wouldn't even mind Hummels leaving, tbh. I don't think he's the alpha & omega CB (anymore), but there's no one in our squad or no one affordable on the market to replace him adequately and we'd lose a captain too. We could certainly kiss those quarterback passes goodbye for the time being and I'm not sure about Castro becoming our captain (there's no one else, really).

Goatze literally means nothing to fans. I think I've discussed it with at least 15 ppl. over the past weeks (family, friends, work, FB). Not a single person wants him back - some despise him, but I've read that our squad (Reus) still rates him highly & wants him back so this may play a role here.

But Watzke would absolutely turn the vast majority of fans again himself when exchanging Hummels for Götze.

We could certainly kiss those quarterback passes goodbye for the time being and I'm not sure about Castro becoming our captain (there's no one else, really).
Castro as captain? No way that's happening.

I guess we'd stick with Reus because of the lack of proper alternatives. Bender and Sahin lack the clear first team place (or maybe not next season). And while I think Schmelzer would do well as captain on the pitch, I don't think he's up for it with all the media stuff off the pitch.

King_Moc

Banned
I think Woy is missing a trick if he doesn't take Rashford in the summer. I know we have a great set of inform strikers and Rooney I just wish he would grow a pare and drop fatty.

I'm also convinced he's taking Carrol "he can offer us something different." Fuck it lets take Lambert!

Someone show Woy a clip of Owen in '98 I honestly beleive Rashford is capable of something similar.

Gambit

a few days ago I could not have imagined any future where Hummels goes to Bayern. But ever since his interview I am starting to believe.

Objectively speaking it makes sense for Bayern, who need a CB next to Boateng. Particularly one who can play Quarterback passes. Having Boa and Hummels as CBs would basically make Alonso obsolete (if he isn't already). Plus, he's German, homegrown player and has proven himself on that level.

For Hummels it would be returning to a town he clearly still loves, where his family lives and his stupid wife is from. Plus he'd have a better shot at the big titles (there are never any guarantees).

But honestly, I kinda wish it won't happen. Because it would be ripping out Dortmund's heart. I think they'll find a good replacement for him on the pitch, but off the pitch Mats IS Dortmund.

So I hope Mats will choose differently. Stay or go abroad.

Although now that Bild is reporting on it, there might be some truth to it.

On another note: I do NOT want BVB to get Dembele!

EDIT: Although Vidal and Martinez in front of Alaba-Hummels-Boateng-Lahm would be absolutely insane. That defence with an Italian coach would be just about impenetrable.

For Hummels it would be returning to a town he clearly still loves, where his family lives and his stupid wife is from. Plus he'd have a better shot at the big titles (there are never any guarantees).

His wife is still living in Munich, I think. And I honestly think that would be the main point if he left for Bayern.

I'd really fear for Mats' sanity if he went to Bayern, though. For years, he's been talking about how he wants to go abroad and learn a new language (insert obvious joke about Bayern being abroad). Or look at the stuff he said after the Götze transfer. I mean, Bayern even fired his own father after he didn't go to Bayern back when they wanted him lol

Skrtel. Please, for the love of god, Skrtel. And if he carries on like he has been, Henderson can't be far behind.

He's been a good servant for the club. But if Skrtel is still here when the next season starts, I'll be livid. He's been awful for a while now, that Southampton performance is up there with the worst I've ever seen.

Jack cw

His wife is still living in Munich, I think. And I honestly think that would be the main point if he left for Bayern.

I'd really fear for Mats' sanity if he went to Bayern, though. For years, he's been talking about how he wants to go abroad and learn a new language (insert obvious joke about Bayern being abroad). Or look at the stuff he said after the Götze transfer. I mean, Bayern even fired his own father after he didn't go to Bayern back when they wanted him lol
I see you arrived at the bargaining stage. All it needs is to actually happen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom