• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

I see you arrived at the bargaining stage. All it needs is to actually happen :D

image.php

Gambit

Please no Hummels.

Same as with Vidal last year, I agree, but for different reasons.

It would just be too cruel. But I am getting ever more fearful it will happen.

Anyway, Vidal has certainly proven his worth this season and turned out to not be as much of a thug as he was portrayed as.

Sportlich gesehen war der Tausch Vidal -> Schweinsteiger (2016) ein Volltreffer

Jack cw

m8

I don't know how long you've been posting here

But you never left stage 1: shit posting
I see you are still in anger. Stage 2.
Oh and neither Bayern nor Dortmund denied a transfer today when asked. Regardless of what happens it's pure fun right now.
And even Tuchel just said that Dortmund can compensate Hummels and Gündogan. Hehe.

I see you are still in anger. Stage 2.
Oh and neither Bayern nor Dortmund denied a transfer today when asked. Regardless of what happens it's pure fun right now.
And even Tuchel just said that Dortmund can compensate Hummels and Gündogan. Hehe.

See, I'm not angry. It's just annoying that every second post of mine gets a comment with simply "stage x". Nothing constructive, simply garbage posting. If I wanted to post on consolewars.de, I'd do so.

And what should Dortmund or Bayern deny exactly? Did Bayern make an offer to Hummels or at least approach him? Well most likely, they'd be stupid not to. Does Hummels actually consider it? We don't know. But what exactly did you expect? Tuchel: "Hummels is not thinking about Bayern. Together with the TU Dortmund, we've developed a mindreader so that we always know when and how long a player of us thinks about leaving the club."

Jack cw

See, I'm not angry. It's just annoying that every second post of mine gets a comment with simply "stage x". Nothing constructive, simply garbage posting. If I wanted to post on consolewars.de, I'd do so.

And what should Dortmund or Bayern deny exactly? Did Bayern make an offer to Hummels or at least approach him? Well most likely, they'd be stupid not to. Does Hummels actually consider it? We don't know. But what exactly did you expect? Tuchel: "Hummels is not thinking about Bayern. Together with the TU Dortmund, we've developed a mindreader so that we always know when and how long a player of us thinks about leaving the club."
Easy Milch, its just banter.
I really hope he leaves for City.

ach milch, ur anti bayern shiposts when u thought that ur team had a chance were on the same level. you and your doppelmoral
I just remember to have made fun of Toni Kroos without a proper reason back then. I stand by that, he's a very strange kind of guy. Making fun of van Gaal, Contento and the likes was fully justified.

Holy shit Milch.

Let go. If he's gone, he's gone.

I'd say it's Dortmund's fans fault. They have/had players that are/were world class, yet I feel they are overly critical about every performance. The same time you never hear any praise for the players. I feel fans never cherished their players enough. But it seems to be a german phenomenom.

I take a look at BPL and hear chants and songs for nearly every sunday league player, yet in Dortmund they cry about Klopp and Dede leaving but couldn't care less about "The class of Klopp". Double winners. World Cup winners.

Harsh critics when they lose toward individual players.
But when they excel you only hear "Heja BVB".
No love for players.
And then people ask why player's switch to rivals, act cynical and don't care about fans? Because fans stopped caring about them just as much.
8 years for Dortmund, and I can already feel fan atmosphere getting negativ around Hummels and rumors of him going to Bayern. Similar to Götze. No graditude for what he did and already being stigmatized for something he hasn't even done yet.
Quite frankly. It disgusts me.
He has all the reason to leave, and fans are not giving him a reason to stay. They are giving him even further reason to leave.

If this image is indicative then Gundogan is gone.
Cgjt6kHWgAEQeSz.jpg:large

Regarding Hummels once City starts getting banded about by agents they are looking for a move and trying to get as much money as possible either from the current club or rival clubs.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Now we're out of Europa I've found myself severely lacking on a Thursday, it hurts my wallet far more as it was my only excuse to not go clubbing, now I'm forever dying on Fridays.

Getting my fix by speculating on the new kit, transfer rumours at the moment really don't interest me because I'm so happy with the squad. Would like to see another striker, maybe Lukaku. The real concern is Levy making sure he keeps players and Poch sweet with decent wage rises.
We just can't compete with the likes of United, especially with 400m stadium. I've not got a great grasp on Tottenham's financials when this new stadium is just round the corner, I hope to christ Levy will continue to beast it. But Levy just made the headlines regarding the clubs success and it's mega lack of a Champions League qualification pay-rise clause and how it could cause issues with players and agents...

I contest this

For real geez just ignore it and beat him up with better football opinions

Or support spurs and I'll beat them up with my fists cus I'm a right loose cannon

If I knew who you supported I'd offer up a rebuttal about your own fans, but I think you might be a neutral..

So I'll just call you a cunt

I thought you might of got that joke if you were a Tottenham fan. A fighting cockerel standing upon a ball. A one balled cock. Ah well. Everyone knows Spurs fans like a bit of cock as they rep a wonky penis on their chest.

But yeah I'm a City fan like others have said.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I thought you might of got that joke if you were a Tottenham fan. A fighting cockerel standing upon a ball. A one balled cock. Ah well. Everyone knows Spurs fans like a bit of cock as they rep a wonky penis on their chest.

But yeah I'm a City fan like others have said.

I'm really bad at connecting the dots with puns and plays on words, but I'd rather have a wonky cock then be anything other than a superior southerner. ;)

bjaelke

King_Moc

Banned
Ffs Sakho. Some sort of fat burner I hear? No idea what that entails, but hopefully it's deemed less serious somehow. Bloody idiot.

Jack cw

How is that exactly sad?
On an international level we simply cant compete with Spain, England or Italy. It's basically Bayern that has a constant track record of being relevant. Dortmund made huge progress but is still out against Liverpool on 7th or 8th position in EPL. Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Gladbach and Schalke fail constantly. The last german EL win was nearly 20 years ago while Sevilla or Chelsea won it recently for their countries and are at least in the round of last four. Reason for this is domestic. Bundesliga is very conservative with investments and most managers look for profit by selling decent players to bigger clubs and there is the fact that we do not have a national playstyle. Bayern had to copy Peps Barca to finally win CL and Dortmund slowly adapting with Tuchel. And there is the deeper lying problem: we lack decent german coaches and coupled with the very tight budgets the moment a club from Bundesliga plays international and 3 times a week they collapse. That is why the level of Bundesliga midfield is equally bad.

On an international level we simply cant compete with Spain, England or Italy. It's basically Bayern that has a constant track record of being relevant. Dortmund made huge progress but is still out against Liverpool on 7th or 8th position in EPL. Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Gladbach and Schalke fail constantly. The last german EL win was nearly 20 years ago while Sevilla or Chelsea won it recently for their countries and are at least in the round of last four. Reason for this is domestic. Bundesliga is very conservative with investments and most managers look for profit by selling decent players to bigger clubs and there is the fact that we do not have a national playstyle. Bayern had to copy Peps Barca to finally win CL and Dortmund slowly adapting with Tuchel. And there is the deeper lying problem: we lack decent german coaches and coupled with the very tight budgets the moment a club from Bundesliga plays international and 3 times a week they collapse. That is why the level of Bundesliga midfield is equally bad.

The UEFA coefficient says quite the opposite. You don't get a safe second place just with Bayern but with many teams which are collecting points, so the midfield is quite healthy.

The problem is just that the Bundesliga itself doesn't operate with the amount of money like England or Spain, though England is quite the example how all the money is useless if they just investing all the money in mediocre but expensive players.

Just a few points:
- you didn't win the CL copying Pep's Barca
- plenty of Bundesliga clubs rely heavily on a special kind of counterattacks after it won us the league in 2011, something you could call national playstyle
- every season some team (Gladbach, Augsburg, Mainz, Hertha) has good season playing like this but has to change their play style in the next season because nobody lets them sit back and counter the whole season again. Most of the time, they don't adjust well and suck the next season.
- clubs that could actually be financially strong are just terribly mismanaged (HSV, Schalke, Köln, Wolfsburg, etc.)
- smaller clubs do well but lack the financial background to be permanently up there (Mainz, Augsburg, ...)

Basically, the smaller teams lack investors to finally put mismanaged clubs with tradition/history behind.

Apparently action can only be taken against a club if two players fail a test in the same season.
Yeah, just read that in an article Kicker wrote a few minutes ago.

It's a hilariously bad rule, though. I mean, sure, it didn't help Sakho to score the goal. But the fact that a player could be pumped up like hell, win a game and there'd be no consequences for the club shows that nobody cares about doping in football. Not that we didn't know this, obviously.

El Topo

I remember reading that in the 80s there used to be drugs on the list of forbidden substances that they didn't even test. Not sure how accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom