• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
What a poor show from liverpool in the second half. It all went to shit for them. Klopp needed to be knocked down a few peggs imho.

Jack cw

Oh to quote another Dortmund guy - Aubameyang: "Bayern won't win Bundesliga this year".
tumblr_o3xbdjFkrA1qaosmto2_400.gif

Carbonox

I'll take a draw off Liverpool, especially after taking a draw off City. Rafa's finally getting it out of the players.

Palace and Villa are winnable games but Spurs might be a step too far IMO.

Really need the other results to fall in to place now.

Orbis

Yesss Fellani you mad man. Now let's make this safe before half time. To be fair Everton haven't really threatened anyway.

Also I still don't like that the semis are at Wembley. I guess I need to get over that though.

What happens if Leicester, Tottenham, Arsenal and Man United finish in the top 4, Man City wins the Champions League and Liverpool win the Europa?

Will all 6 be in next year's Champions League or would Arsenal and Man United miss out?

tim.mbp

lol, Atleti throwing a second ball on the pitch trying to stop a Malaga attack. Ref was kind of pissed at the break.

Edit: Simeone sent to the stands.

bjaelke

4th place will miss out on CL. 5 is the maximum number of teams from one nation and the 5th place is only available (this season) through winning the Europa League.

Well, today's game taught what team is the shittier side between Schalke and Leverkusen.
It's Schlake.

EDIT : and I guess we know now that ManU is less terrible than Everton ?

Bundes-GAF, what happenned to Avidjaj and Goretzka (I mean, the player he was supposed to become) ? There were supposed to be the future of Schalke. Instead we have Geis on the pitch.

panty

Bale will be our next Ronaldo. Really solid match from him, nice goals. Also really pleased to see Vazquez score again, hopefully he gets more minutes.

The title race is still strong.

Amazing how Liverpool fucked a 2 goal lead against Newcastle, smh.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Zidane needs to do something so he changes his coat.
Well it seemed to do the trick, goddamn wrong coats.
The positive side of this is that there will be a new coach for Real next year, I guess, after this strange line-up from today.

Zidane is doing a really good job and what was wrong with the lineup except playing Danilo? He's so fucking bad, Carvajal is goat rb.

It was shit because if you have been watching United all season, you'd notice when they attack the defense becomes very very shaky, LvG has been able to hide it pretty well all season.

Oh, begrudgingly I have week in, week out as I always do. Granted, there are times where I just turn it off because I refuse to be subjected to such crap football. By our standards, the first half went quite well. Either way, I'll only be satisfied once I see the back of LVG (and Rooney).

Pls don't bring up Schalke here. It's embarrassing what they are playing for years. I can't believe that they think of being a top 5 club in Bundesliga. Their best time was with Slomka over half a decade ago. What a shit club.
Their downfall started when Neuer left the club and guys like Farfan, Edu, Raul, Rafinha and Jurado couldn't be suitably replaced. A similar situation caused Hamburg and Bremen to durably slip down the table when the likes of Özil, van Nistelrooy, Olic, Reinke, Klose or van der Vaart left the two clubs. I don't see Schalke follow Werder's path though. They have way too much money for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom