• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbis

Looking at the remaining games, Leicester have a tough schedule bot so do Spurs. It will be a nailbiting finish to the season.
Yeah it's really close provided Spurs win tomorrow. Anything other than a win makes things a hell of a lot easier for Leicester. Put it this way, if Spurs draw tomorrow, Leicester just need a single win to guarantee the title.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Lose Vardy, score 4 goals, incredible. But the Swaneeat defence has been pretty shite...

Orbis

Swansea were piss poor but credit to Leicester performing like this under title pressure. Statement of intent right there.

THE:MILKMAN

Yeah Swansea looked the definition of nothing to play for but credit Leicester for going in for the kill. Title winning mentality that.

la_briola

Eintracht 2:1 Mainz, still alive.
lina-vi3.gif

DBT85

LoL, United is not Arsenal and LvG always wins pretty much everything in his third season because they the players would have gotten used to the way he wants them to play. Watch them tear teams apart come next season. Those fucking chronic injuries prevented this, Shaw's injury did a number on Memphis as well. I can't wait for next season, he will sign two or three players to complete his squad.

I'd start with
a) I don't tihnk Gaal will be there next season anyway,
b) If he is, unless he fixes whatever the fuck it is that kills players 2 years running, we won't do shit
c) The only people to blame for Memphis being sub par for the majority of the year are Memphis or Gaal. Gaal at least would play him in his natural position unlike everyone else. Hasn't helped that he's looked like a greedy bugger in front of goal.

IF we were able to have a solid back 4 of Shaw, Blind, Smalling and Varela (or some other recognised right back)
IF he were to keep playing Schneiderlin
IF he stopped playing Mata on the right hand side

Maybe we can win the league. Maybe.

While we play better football than we did under Moyes, that was about the lowest bar you could set for success.

I have to say however, he did the clearout that was dearly needed for years. The only players that left that I wish we still had are Rafael and Chica.

Firemind

YES LEICESTER

Remember when Arsenal were title contenders? They're the Feyenoord of the PL. Wait, no. Feyenoord actually won a prize.

He should give Ward the rest of the season, he looked good in the Bournemouth game, we most likely aren't going to finish above West Ham or United, so there's nothing to lose if he's just as poor.

Definitely in the Premier League. But I doubt he wants to try out a relatively unproven goalkeeper in the remaining Europa League games.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
If Alli didn't win young player I'd have called fix

Kane deserved the big boy award, I know as a clearly un-biased judge. Fair play to Mahrez

Apart from watching the gooners continue to go out in a blaze of glory today has been bad. So annoyed at Swansea.

Apart from watching the gooners continue to go out in a blaze of glory today has been bad. So annoyed at Swansea.

I remember being annoyed at Everton when they faced Man City like a week or so after that infamous Chelsea game in the 2013/2014 season. Barkley gave Everton the lead and then Everton just fell over like a sack of shit. Had Everton took points off Man City that day, Liverpool would still have their destiny in their own hands going into THAT Crystal Palace game :/

That freaking season man...

Daemul

Spurs better pray that they're ahead of Leciester on the last match day, because Chelsea are going to try their hardest to throw their game against Leceister to prevent Spurs winning the league. Expect to see Mikel upfront and Pedro in goal on that day, count on maybe one or two own "accidental" own goals from Chelsea as well.
3AQmK.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I'm not going to be that mad if we lose to Leicester, we play better football and we have more potential to be in the same place next year. I can't wait to go to some CL games and see where we go with this spectacular team

Spurs better pray that they're ahead of Leciester on the last match day, because Chelsea are going to try their hardest to throw their game against Leceister to prevent Spurs winning the league. Expect to see Mikel upfront and Pedro in goal on that day, count on maybe one or two own "accidental" own goals from Chelsea as well.
3AQmK.gif

Wouldn't surprise me, fucking snakes.

I remember being annoyed at Everton when they faced Man City like a week or so after that infamous Chelsea game in the 2013/2014 season. Barkley gave Everton the lead and then Everton just fell over like a sack of shit. Had Everton took points off Man City that day, Liverpool would still have their destiny in their own hands going into THAT Crystal Palace game :/

That freaking season man...
Dont agree tbh

Was surprised by how much effort Everton put in that match. Didn't look devastated to lose, but didn't make it easy for City. May well have got something out of it if not for a brilliant save by Hart as well.

Floody

Definitely in the Premier League. But I doubt he wants to try out a relatively unproven goalkeeper in the remaining Europa League games.

Yeah, wouldn't risk him in the Europa (well the first leg at least), but give him the rest of the Prem games to see how good he is, if he impresses, might save us a good bit when the transfer window opens, if he disappoints loan him out again, and make replacing Mignolet with someone decent, a top priority.

Watford apparently close to sacking Flores.

Stupid if true, isn't it their first season since coming back up? If so, 12th is a pretty solid position for your first season. Can see that blowing up in their face if they sack him.

Stupid if true, isn't it their first season since coming back up? If so, 12th is a pretty solid position for your first season. Can see that blowing up in their face if they sack him.

Im not sure of the circumstances but Flores didn't get them promoted either, Slavisa Jokanovic (now Fulham manager, via Maccabi Tel Aviv) did so it seems they definitely have high standards...

tim.mbp

Im not sure of the circumstances but Flores didn't get them promoted either, Slavisa Jokanovic (now Fulham manager, via Maccabi Tel Aviv) did so it seems they definitely have high standards...

Jokanovic was their fourth manager last season, although one left for health reasons.

GHG

I'm not going to be that mad if we lose to Leicester, we play better football and we have more potential to be in the same place next year. I can't wait to go to some CL games and see where we go with this spectacular team

Wouldn't surprise me, fucking snakes.

You lot have actually got to play chelsea before Leicester play then so I'd worry about that first if I were you.

Also as for whether you'll have a chance like this again, don't bank on it. All the big boys will be back again next season so it will be a mighty battle to even get in the top 4 again, nevermind win the thing.

I dont even think arsenal will finish in the top 4 again next season if wenger is still here. It would be bloody typical if he fucks off the one season we dont get top 4 and then leaves us in tatters.

Jack cw

According to BILD, Bayern offeres Hummels a contract over 4 years, 10 million a year. Transfer Fee is something around 30 million. Don't think it gets any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom