• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watzke just said that Gündogan, Hummels and Micky leaving at the same time won't happen. One will be "forced" to stay if all three won't sign a new contract. So that's Aubameyang leaving completely out of the question, if anyone had still doubts.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watch Everton play like Barcelona when we need them to play shit as usual

Come on Martinez, don't ruin the dream

Jarnet87

Leicester going to clinch it at Old Trafford, van Gaal going to get the sack after the game and the Mou deal will be announced.

It's going to be a beautiful Sunday morning.

Was going to ask this.

If Chelsea beat Spurs it's all over right? Regardless of the result at Old Trafford?

Must be, only need 3 points and they'd lose the chance to get 3 points.

We play Monday though iirc so chances are it'll be decided by then anyway

GHG

Must be, only need 3 points and they'd lose the chance to get 3 points.

We play Monday though iirc so chances are it'll be decided by then anyway

Cheering on Tony Pulis one Monday then Chelsea the next. What has the world come to?

I feel dirty.

Sounds like Vardy will be out for Man Utd...but I really dont care.

The performance yesterday and the result today has quelled any fear I have going into this match.

Gothos

I still can't believe they will win it :) It's unreal when you think more about it. Just unreal.

What's more amazing is how Aresnal can't even challenge the title in the season when very single big gun in the league - Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City is having poor season. What's your excuse now, Mr. Wenger? Just LOL.

la_briola

gg lester, spurs are doing their best neverkusen impression
wink.gif

THE:MILKMAN

I still can't believe they will win it :) It's unreal when you think more about it. Just unreal.

What's more amazing is how Aresnal can't even challenge the title in the season when very single big gun in the league - Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City is having poor season. What's your excuse now, Mr. Wenger? Just LOL.

Just read a BBC article about the unlikeliness of it all. In America the equivalent would be the Cleveland Browns winning the next Superbowl.

I just hope Leicester's squad don't get picked apart in the summer, with the likes of Mahrez, Kante, Vardy etc. thinking along the lines of it being once in a lifetime and Leicester will never, ever challenge for it again.

la_briola

Just read a BBC article about the unlikeliness of it all. In America the equivalent would be the Cleveland Browns winning the next Superbowl.

The most impressive run was in 1998 by 1. FC Kaiserslautern.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1._FC_Kaiserslautern said:
The Red Devils came storming back in 1998 with an accomplishment unique in Bundesliga history by winning re-promotion to the first division from the 2. Bundesliga and immediately going on to win the national championship under famous coach Otto Rehhagel.

They also won the German Cup in 1996, but got relegated in the same season. :lol

RiggyRob

I just hope Leicester's squad don't get picked apart in the summer, with the likes of Mahrez, Kante, Vardy etc. thinking along the lines of it being once in a lifetime and Leicester will never, ever challenge for it again.

I wouldn't imagine they'll go anywhere next season as they'll have the Champions League to play in - it's the season after where they may end up out of the top 4 where the team/squad might get dismantled.

GHG

Vardy's ban for the man united game is confirmed.

Sad that he might miss the title clinching game but Henry did as well back when we won the title ar Old Trafford. It happens like that sometimes unfortunately.

Elchele

Watzke just said that Gündogan, Hummels and Micky leaving at the same time won't happen. One will be "forced" to stay if all three won't sign a new contract. So that's Aubameyang leaving completely out of the question, if anyone had still doubts.

are you ok milch?
who is the spaniard you signed tho

Blablurn

Watzke: "If Hummels leaves, Bayern is probably his only option. If they offer good money, we won't stand in the way. If not, he'll stay for another year."

damn

Jack cw

Wow, that sounds dangerous but on the other hand he shows that the club decides. I really hope that Mickytarian stays at least.
Watzke: "If Hummels leaves, Bayern is probably his only option. If they offer good money, we won't stand in the way. If not, he'll stay for another year."

damn
It's happening.gif

Clydefrog

there goes the title. gg leicester, holy shit!

Spurs already have their intangible banner. so excited for CL next year :D wish I could actually go see a game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom