• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

Get French Football @GFFN

Breaking | FIFA Ethics Committee have dropped corruption charges against Michel Platini, according to various Italian outlets. More to come.

ff9ca04.gif

Hillsborough decision was too much justice

Jack cw

I am surprised Bayern haven't bought Ricardo Rodriguez with Alaba playing other positions regularly. I guess they have Bernat still but I haven't heard much about him this season.

Strange to me that no one has snapped him (Rodriguez) up.. I'd love him at City but we seem oddly content with our old fullbacks. Much to most fans' dismay.

We had interest in him 2 years ago, but Alaba was undisputed left full back and Wolfsburg wanted around 40 million, which we would never pay for a back up. Then Pep scouted Bernat and cost us 10 million from Valencia, because of Alabas knee injury and he plays very solid but lacks the attacking punch. Rafinha was always the Lahm back up and only played because Pep somehow saw Lahm in midfield for some time. Maybe Rodriguez becomes an option now that Wolfsburg restructures the squad after this disappionting season but he still wont be cheap. I guess Ancelotti plans with Alaba and Lahm as full backs, so there wont be much playing time for any other, unless some rotation or a severe injury happens. We'll make a move the summer when Lahm retires and possible targets are Bellerin, Danilo or Carvajal. Alaba and Bernat will be the two on the left side for the next couple of years.

Elchele

the RB situation is quite worrying. Hope we can get Bellerín before Barcelona does
It's a shame that Rankovic didn't work out, looked interesting for a couple of seasons

Jack cw

the RB situation is quite worrying. Hope we can get Bellerín before Barcelona does
It's a shame that Rankovic didn't work out, looked interesting for a couple of seasons

It is worrying.
I still hope Kimmich becomes this new RB, he has everything.
We have to get rid of some other players as well: Hojbjerg, Gaudino, Weihrauch, etc. Our second team is incredibly untalented.

I am surprised Bayern haven't bought Ricardo Rodriguez with Alaba playing other positions regularly. I guess they have Bernat still but I haven't heard much about him this season.

Strange to me that no one has snapped him (Rodriguez) up.. I'd love him at City but we seem oddly content with our old fullbacks. Much to most fans' dismay.

Honestly, Rodriguez just isn't that good. I'd say €20m would be a risky business, the money Wolfsburg want for him is just madness. Which is obviously fine, they have no need to sell him and are happy to keep him.

We'll sell you Durm for 30m.

Meier

Honestly, Rodriguez just isn't that good. I'd say €20m would be a risky business, the money Wolfsburg want for him is just madness. Which is obviously fine, they have no need to sell him and are happy to keep him.

I definitely am not a regular watcher of his, but have certainly been impressed when I have seen him. Anything would be a step in the right direction for us though. Kolarov surely has to go this summer..

I don't think City would pay €40m for him but I guess we'll see. We have a youth player, Angelino, who is intriguing but he is not much of an actual defender.

Syder

I definitely am not a regular watcher of his, but have certainly been impressed when I have seen him. Anything would be a step in the right direction for us though. Kolarov surely has to go this summer. I don't think City would pay €40m for him but I guess we'll see. We have a youth player, Angelino, who is intriguing but he is not much of an actual defender.
Just my two cents, I don't think €20m in today's market, and with the money City frequently waste, is a bad price for Rodriguez at all. He's definitely not worth anything north of €25m though.

GHG

I hate how fans of other "big" clubs talk about our players like they can just take them when they want :( .

I can't even say it's not true based on the last decade either.

Jack cw

I definitely am not a regular watcher of his, but have certainly been impressed when I have seen him. Anything would be a step in the right direction for us though. Kolarov surely has to go this summer..

I don't think City would pay €40m for him but I guess we'll see. We have a youth player, Angelino, who is intriguing but he is not much of an actual defender.

Pep surley gave some recommendations about players he needs but your aged full backs are not easy to replace, the market for RB on a good level is extremely thin and Pep will need at least 2 maybe 3 years to get a squad to his likes but we will see about that. Rodriguez is surely good enough for City.

Just my two cents, I don't think €20m in today's market, and with the money City frequently waste, is a bad price for Rodriguez at all. He's definitely not worth anything north of €25m though.
The thing is, Chelsea paid 20m for Baba. It's incredibly easy for Wolfsburg to make a convincing argument for 25m+.

Elchele

I hate how fans of other "big" clubs talk about our players like they can just take them when they want :( .

I can't even say it's not true based on the last decade either.

we're basically loaning players out for a while, until we need them

please understand

Badstuber is shit. He should rot at a club like Liverpool.

Basdtuber has been great since his "first" comeback. He was shit before the injury, imo, but somehow he got better. I guess the free time gave him a chance to watch videos of himself being shit and learned a bit from the mistakes he made over and over again. He's more than enough to be a starter for us.

I would argue that Badstuber is a better defender than the current Hummels. Except Badstuber is basically dead now

Labadal

Basdtuber has been great since his "first" comeback. He was shit before the injury, imo, but somehow he got better. I guess the free time gave him a chance to watch videos of himself being shit and learned a bit from the mistakes he made over and over again. He's more than enough to be a starter for us.
He's shit I'm telling you and should be at Liverpool, period.

Good to see the Madrid fans experiencing the luxury of Wetherspoons at dinner. I was trying to guess what delights they'd pick off of the 'Steak Club Tuesday' menu.

Meier

they would easily get €40M for Rodríguez from City. Easily.

It sounds like we're going to get Gundogan for a pretty good price. KDB was especially expensive because every big team in the world wanted him. Rodriguez has been there for the taking now for a few seasons but no one seems that interested. Kind of strange really.

Beefy

City is at a big disadvantage if Real get an away goal. I can't see them having much success in Madrid.

True though. City have down a few but Madrid have been worse. I guess I see it differently as I am not a fan of either. Been a boring match though tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom