• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy's ban for the man united game is confirmed.

Sad that he might miss the title clinching game but Henry did as well back when we won the title ar Old Trafford. It happens like that sometimes unfortunately.

Perhaps this'll teach him to stop being such a massive cunt. But I doubt it.

Jack cw

super crazy

He also said that if Bayern wants to sell Götze he will go for it.
Now imagine Götze staying here and extending (Ancelotti might want him and for less money). Hummels is leaving, question is what Bayern pays to Dortmund but Mats and Bayern have agreed, Gündogan will leave for city, Mickytaryan will leave if he doesn't get the Reus salary (Having Minola as agent always gets you the best contracts). Aubameyang will stay for one or two years and will eventually go to Real, that is his dream.

The most dramatic result out of this turn of events: Reus will never win a title.

Wow, that sounds dangerous but on the other hand he shows that the club decides. I really hope that Mickytarian stays at least.

It's not really dangerous. If we sell two of those players, we'll get €40-60m, add another €15-20m which we can easily spend. And we don't really need to sign that many players. If we sign both Dembele and Götze, midfield would be stacked and we'd still have €20-30m to spend. Depending on whether Tuchel really sees Merino as a CB, we might not even need a Hummels replacement with Sokratis, Subotic (if he stays), Ginter, Bender and Merino. Obviously not the quality we had with Hummels but that's not happening anyway, we'd need to hope for Ginter or Merino to make that step up. So, €20-30m for a CB, a LB backup and maybe a new Weigl should be plenty enough.

The risk that one of the players who's forced to stay will play shit is small as well. Gündogan is gone, the least important out of the three players and City will pay enough money. Considering how long it took Micky to get to a good level, I severely doubt he would play shit for a year before moving clubs. And Hummels, yeah, he might as well leave the country if he played shit for BVB in his last year lol

El Topo

Hoeneß has to go back to jail. The moment he comes back another BVB player is bought. At least Hummels is from Munich and played his youth at Bayern.

Koan Neuer....

I'm just a bit sick of it, after all these years. It's the right move, as you get a great player accustomed to the league and cripple the competition, but that doesn't mean I have to approve it.
Buying Neuer was okay, we just rescued him from Schalke.

GHG

Perhaps this'll teach him to stop being such a massive cunt. But I doubt it.

Its part of the player he is.

If you take that away from him then he wouldn't be half the player and defenders wouldn't shit themselves around him.

Its the same with suarez. 50% of these guys games is about aggravation.

Jack cw

I'm just a bit sick of it, after all these years. It's the right move, as you get a great player accustomed to the league and cripple the competition, but that doesn't mean I have to approve it.
Buying Neuer was okay, we just rescued him from Schalke.
It will be funny how Bayern supporters and especially the Ultras will react to him and should he score his first goal. On the other hand nobody cares about Schickeria after the epic fail of an embarrassment of the No Neuer campaign. Dortmund got their players back, we get ours now.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
It doesn't matter if spurs win or lose, I still wake up with my internal organs hanging out of me.

I'm gutted, so many missed opportunities, so sad to have the title vanish before my eyes.

Still grateful to have the season we've had, and you never know it could be like Uniteds 91/92 season, they had a team of young players playing great football only to fall short of Leeds by 4 points. The next season they signed Eric Cantona and finished 10 points clear of Villa.

COYS

there goes the title. gg leicester, holy shit!

Spurs already have their intangible banner. so excited for CL next year :D wish I could actually go see a game...

Come to the Lane with me innit

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Might have to try and convince some mates to go to the pub on Sunday to watch United v Leicester, none of them really care about footy but if the pub's involved.

Fuckit it's a bank holiday this weekend, I'm sure I can convince people to go to the pub...

TrueBlue

An absolute travesty that it's taken so long.

I've always promised to myself that if I go to watch Chelsea at Anfield I'll lay a reef at the memorial site.

bjaelke

Cg9jfCOWkAAPskT.jpg:large

Rubbish King

The FA will ban him for the 3 games to make sure he doesn't get injured for the Euros.

I'm not going to predict the outcome but you just know he's in Poch's office today having a stern talking to. I don't know if he will stay at Spurs for a long time but whether he stays or goes I hope he learns to control that temper. He had to fight through the leagues to get to where he is against proper men, but this shit is getting serious. It could ruin his career.

Jack cw

Hummels' dad:
"If Bayern doesn't make it to the CL final, it will be BVB or Barca"

oh boy

Haha, 3rd knockout in a row confirmed then :D

EDIT:
Bayern confirms that Boateng is in Madrid tomorrow. Not sure if starter, but outside Robben and Badstuber everyone is on baord.
No excuses for Pep should we fail.

Beefy

Sad that a few relatives of the victims passed on before it got this far. Disgusting it took this long. Hopefully now those who covered this up are punished.

RIP

Gambit

Haha, 3rd knockout in a row confirmed then :D

EDIT:
Bayern confirms that Boateng is in Madrid tomorrow. Not sure if starter, but outside Robben and Badstuber everyone is on baord.
No excuses for Pep should we fail.

well, except the excuse that Boateng won't play. I mean playing him tomorrow after such a long injury would be quite a gamble. I would feel safer with him thought.

GHG

I'm not going to predict the outcome but you just know he's in Poch's office today having a stern talking to. I don't know if he will stay at Spurs for a long time but whether he stays or goes I hope he learns to control that temper. He had to fight through the leagues to get to where he is against proper men, but this shit is getting serious. It could ruin his career.

Nah, aggression is very much part of his game, he just needs to learn to control it and channel it in a positive manner on the pitch. I'd much rather have a fiery talented young player like him, Rooney or even Beckham rather than the ones we have (like Theo Walcott) who haave nothing about them. All the youngsters we previously had who were fiery (cesc, Van Persie, Nasri) have long since fucked off. Says it all. Now we are left with this shower of shite who don't know how to fight for anything. Comes from the manager.

27 fucking years, and the families have been immaculately dignified throughout the whole disgraceful shambles.

Now justice needs to be served for those responsible.

Jack cw

well, except the excuse that Boateng won't play. I mean playing him tomorrow after such a long injury would be quite a gamble. I would feel safer with him thought.

He is in training since a month and with the team for 3 weeks, the last 2 weeks in all units. He either sits on the bench or this move to get him 100% ready for Madrid was the plan all along. We will see. If Javi and Benatia have no problems with Griezmann and Torres, he'll play next week in Allianz Arena.

bjaelke

Get French Football @GFFN

Breaking | FIFA Ethics Committee have dropped corruption charges against Michel Platini, according to various Italian outlets. More to come.

ff9ca04.gif

Rubbish King

Nah, aggression is very much part of his game, he just needs to learn to control it and channel it in a positive manner on the pitch. I'd much rather have a fiery talented young player like him, Rooney or even Beckham rather than the ones we have (like Theo Walcott) who haave nothing about them. All the youngsters we previously had who were fiery (cesc, Van Persie, Nasri) have long since fucked off. Says it all. Now we are left with this shower of shite who don't know how to fight for anything. Comes from the manager.

That's exactly what I'm saying, it do more harm than good getting rid of that spark. But that temper needs to be used more constructively, imagine if he had got sent off playing right into the hands of any opposition.

Elchele

I hope someone takes Gotze, Rafinha and Alonso. Clean house pls

Signing Hummels is great. Hope we don't give up on Badstuber tho, poor lad.

Syder

The Hillsborough trial has returned an unlawful killing verdict.

Justice for the 96 at last?
Not quite yet. They've been 'de-vilified' after certain people conspired to make it seem like the fans' behaviour was the fault for the deaths.
There will still be more trials to come.

Jack cw

I hope someone takes Gotze, Rafinha and Alonso. Clean house pls

Signing Hummels is great. Hope we don't give up on Badstuber tho, poor lad.

Don't worry his health will take care of him.
I wouldn't trade in Götze unless we get another CAM. Rafinha will leave once we buy Carvajal or Danilo.

Meier

I am surprised Bayern haven't bought Ricardo Rodriguez with Alaba playing other positions regularly. I guess they have Bernat still but I haven't heard much about him this season.

Strange to me that no one has snapped him (Rodriguez) up.. I'd love him at City but we seem oddly content with our old fullbacks. Much to most fans' dismay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom