• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

this high level banter

CNB1W6d.png

DBT85

You're staying Yurt, your people need you.

Who else are we going to laugh with when Vidal's knee goes pop and Bla is crying into his cornflakes Bayern shirt.

Hearts scored within 5 minutes after a bad defensive error. It's almost like Scottish Football never went away. In fairness, it's somewhat exciting and it's been back and forth for 15 minutes.

bjaelke

Arsenal XI to face Chelsea: Cech, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Ozil, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Monreal, Cazorla, Bellerin, Coquelin

Chelsea XI to face Arsenal: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Remy

I've missed this part. Football is coming back.

DBT85

Would love to see Cech being the difference today and it would be nice to see Arsenal fulfill their trophy allotment for the season nice and early.

I cannot believe what I'm seeing! This is on a whole other level and nowhere near how we've played last year. The season is going to be just great if we can carry it over :D

1.FC Köln 2:1 Valencia

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Riiiiight....
Is there still enough for a lawsuit? Pele's card says 1,281 goals and has the Santos badge. Thierry Henry's has the Arsenal badge except that it says Gunners instead of Arsenal.

Sandor Kocsis has the most recognizable part in the world. It's such a generic hairstyle but I immediately knew it was him.

Oh shit the Arsenal-Chelsea game is underway already I thought it started now.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I genuinely think Arsenal are going to win it this year. Fuck.
The Arsenal fan cycle begins

1) Win meaningless preseason trophies
2) Start the league well
3) Believe this will finally be the year
4) Fall apart in second half of season and finish outside top 2
5) Go back to step one

Last year steps 2 and 4 switched but the cycle still stood strong.

Lakitu

st5fu
The Arsenal fan cycle begins

1) Win meaningless preseason trophies
2) Start the league well
3) Believe this will finally be the year
4) Fall apart in second half of season and finish outside top 2
5) Go back to step one

Last year steps 2 and 4 switched but the cycle still stood strong.

I'm a Liverpool fan so you need the scouse boom-bust cycle for me ;)

Jarnet87

Chelsea are toothless without Costa, they better pray Costa can get at least the same amount of games as last season.

Jarnet87

What is the point of Falcao if Remy is going to be the lone striker when Costa is out. I can't see Jose playing two up front in the prem.

It's nice to win a community shield even if it doesn't mean much. Last time a team won the shield and went on to win the league was the 2010-2011 United team.

Edit: Oh yeah Wenger finally beat Mourinho, no wonder Arsenal fans think this is the year.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Nice momentum to start the campaign, and for Wenger to get that monkey off his back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom