• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope there's another tackler in the team. Even if it means playing Gabriel or Chambers in that role during suspensions. I don't think it's a good long term solution though (injury to Coquelin = 4th place again...)

Joey Barton is a free agent I think, although he might destroy dressing room vibes :p

What the fuck.

Nyx

FC Utrecht away shirt this season:

Uitshirt_FCU.png

Loving it and even though I never wear them, I'm buying it this year.

Kill3r7

Good win for Arsenal. They are still a world class striker and defensive midfielder away from winning the league but Wenger has got things rolling in the right direction.

GHG

Pato is only 25.

What. The. Fuck.

Why did I think he was 29/30 or something? If someone takes a punt on him and gets him playing again somehow it'll be a hell of a bargain.

Lunar FC

MCcck3o.png

Heard a couple people were interested in doing Premier League Predictions, so I've made a Google Doc to gather your predictions. You can find a link to that in the OP.

You can post your predictions here in the thread for all to see. If you could then PM me a link to your post to insure that I don't accidentally pass over it that would be great.

Here is the template:

---
---

Oersted

The peoples champ

Ronaldo is then asked what subjects are on the agenda in the changing room: “About music, about women, about fashion, about shoes, about suitcases/bags, about jewellery, about haircuts … any more you want me to list?”

“I can’t speak like that,” he says. “This is bullshit. Speak about Fifa, I don’t care about Fifa. And Qatar … I don’t give a fuck. What you want me to do? Speak about product, he speaks about Fifa … come on.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/03/cristiano-ronaldo-fifa-women-fashion-shoes-qatar

Jarnet87

The Daily Mail saying PSG couldnt complete the Di Maria deal because he was too tired to complete his physical. UWotM7.

Makareu

MCcck3o.png

Heard a couple people were interested in doing Premier League Predictions, so I've made a Google Doc to gather your predictions. You can find a link to that in the OP.

You can post your predictions here in the thread for all to see. If you could then PM me a link to your post to insure that I don't accidentally pass over it that would be great.

Here is the template:

Alright, I just joined the GAF FPL, and now it is prediction time. Can't wait for Saturday, and I am looking forward to lurking the GAF football threads and be wrong about my predictions.

1. Arsenal (now or never)
2. Manchester City (with a fit Aguero)
3. Chelsea (everything will not go according to keikaku)
4. Liverpool (they should score goals)
---
5. Manchester United (there has to be a big one disappointed)
6. Tottenham
7. West Ham (the 7-12 is so stacked, why not)
---
18. Aston Villa
19. Bournemouth
20. Watford

Well, I didn't expect Di Maria to leave after just a season

Greatest EPL transfer flop of all time.

The day Arsenal can splooge 60mil on one player and sell him after a season laaawd.

Oh well doesn't look like Wenger is adding anything more to the squad right now

Lyng

Prediction

1. Chelsea (As long as mou is coach they will be difficult to beat)
2. Manchester United (Great transfers this summer)
3. Arsenal (Has probably done the best piece of business this season by getting Cech)
4. Manchester City (They just dont look as deadly anymore and the coach is woefull)
---
5. Tottenham
6. Southhampton
7. Liverpool (Rodgers is just not the right manager for LFC)
---
18. Watford
19. Bournemouth
20. Leicester

I'm not gonna miss a player who's too tired for a Medical, I know he's had a knock from playing in the summer but apart from that what the shit has he been doing?

He probably got a high five from his soon to be PSG bros, bigger club yo!

Wankers.

Mista

Banned
Greatest EPL transfer flop of all time.

The day Arsenal can splooge 60mil on one player and sell him after a season laaawd.

Oh well doesn't look like Wenger is adding anything more to the squad right now

Indeed. I still think something is going to happen mate

Akpom just went to Hull on a loan which means we dont have any strikers left

Are you thinking of what im thinking?

Meier

The dude flew for 20 hours. Most of the medical involves running and whatnot (they're testing out your heart mostly).. seems pretty typical to let someone get some sleep and freshen up after that. It's a non-story that they twisted into something worse because the DM loves making United look better and twisting the knife in "flops" who were successful in other leagues.

TeddyBoy

I know Spurs finished above Liverpool last season, but they've only brought in Alderweireld whilst Liverpool have brought in Milner, Clyne, Firmino and Benteke.

I really can't see how Liverpool do worse than last season.

Kill3r7

Predictions

This season might be the first genuine 4 team race for the title.
1. Chelsea (favorites to retain the title)
2. United (need to gel right away in order to compete for the title)
3. Arsenal (IF they land a world class striker the title will be theirs for the taking)
4. City (getting a bit long in the tooth but a fit Aguero and Silva can carry them to another title)
---
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool (depending on how their first 10 games shake out Liverpool will either be out of the race for the top 4 or part of the rat race)
7. Everton
---
18. Leicester
19. Watford
20. Bournemouth

Liverpool letting Gerrard go might end up being the best move of the off-season.

The squad seems far better than last year. The biggest concern for me is Lovren, who for reasons unknown appears to be preferred to Sakho at the moment.

My particular interests will be watching how the Brazilian quartet work out, and Ings.

Rodgers is building a Brazil B team, which I'm sure will end up being hilarious.

Ings is making a big change in club stature and expectations - going from where he was a regular and expected to contribute the lion's share of the goals, to where he'll be a rotation player.

edit:

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Manchester United
4. Arsenal
---
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Southampton
---
18. Sunderland
19. Norwich