• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
11846710_416187205253547_7665408195625429724_n.jpg

Chelsea lacked bite but Ramires and Hazard should have scored. Arsenal probably should have had a few more as well. Both looked a bit rusty which is understandable.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wenger and Mou snubbed each other twice on hand shakes

I'm going to steal that from Wenger, walk behind someone who I don't like trying to give me a hand shake. It's great, better than the awkwardness of facing each other.

Turok_TTZ

Arsenal will still win nothing of importance this year.

Surprised Mourinho lost to Wenger but at the same time I am also suprised it took so long for Wenger to beat Mou in the first place.

Mou could use the loss to check his shit tactics though

Surprised Mourinho lost to Wenger but at the same time I am also suprised it took so long for Wenger to beat Mou in the first place.

I'd say the FA Cup's an important trophy and they won that last year.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I'd say the FA Cup was important.

We weren't very good so… when you defend like we did on the goal you're not going to win.

Perhaps this will teach them a lesson about starting pre-season so late and playing a whole 3 games (before today).

I still think the squad needs some work. Need a left back and a midfielder. Hopefully we will still be alright for the league though, got a good team. Willian and courtois were our best players today by far

Congratulations arsenal fans.

Rush_Khan

Great win for Arsenal but it was clear that Chelsea were not at the races today. Hopefully Arsenal can give even better performances against them in the league games when Chesea are at full power with Costa.

Coquelin was great today but his playstyle means that he is likely to get yellow-carded a lot, meaning quite a few suspensions for potentially big matches. Arteta just simply isn't good enough to replace him. I'd like to see Ramsey play in that position but he breaks forward too often so will leave the back four exposed. That's why Arsenal need to sign some sort of a defensive midfielder, even if it is on loan.

Coquelin was great today but his playstyle means that he is likely to get yellow-carded a lot, meaning quite a few suspensions for potentially big matches. Arteta just simply isn't good enough to replace him. I'd like to see Ramsey play in that position but he breaks forward too often so will leave the back four exposed. That's why Arsenal need to sign some sort of a defensive midfielder, even if it is on loan.

I really hope there's another tackler in the team. Even if it means playing Gabriel or Chambers in that role during suspensions. I don't think it's a good long term solution though (injury to Coquelin = 4th place again...)

Joey Barton is a free agent I think, although he might destroy dressing room vibes :p

I don't do hyperbole, but that was the greatest team performance I think I've ever seen today in the mcdonalds happy meal community shield.

Blablurn

2.bild.jpg

Bild claiming the players don't understand Pep anymore.

There sure were some strange scenes against Wob.

I don't get why he keeps subbing Müller.

tumblr_nsg5vlSiTe1teyusro1_250.gif
tumblr_nsg5vlSiTe1teyusro6_250.gif

DBT85

So, it's not an important cup? Ok.

It's importance is relative.

If Wigan won it it would mean more to them than to Chelsea if they won it.

Chelsea are striving to win the league and the CL, a season without either is a bad season for them because they are recent winners of both. If Abramovich was to walk away today and Chelsea didn't win the league for 10 years then they'd be very happy with an FA cup win.

S'all I'm saying.

Arses best chance of a league win in a decade is this season and though I'd never have thought it 10 years ago, if United can't have it (don't see it happening) I'd rather Arsenal did than City or Chelsea.

GHG

Mourinho is salty. Wenger beat him at his own game.

People are saying its not a real trophy.

Feels good man.

bjaelke

Pato has really fallen from grace (and presumably injured himself again) when he gets linked with a €7m move to Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom