• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

United need to qualify for the Champions League and do well in the group stages, the Barclays Premier League's European coefficient is getting dangerously low and could be overtaken by Serie A if we aren't careful.

Good luck United.

Robin

Arsenal, may we keep Ainsley Maitland-Niles please? Absolute class player.

That's exciting to hear. He's still really young so I wouldn't be surprised if he got another year on loan if he keeps it up and Ipswich get promoted. Ipswich seems like a good club for him to be at and I've always liked Mick McCarthy.

Arsenal have a few promising players out on loan this year. For the first time since Wilshere broke into the first team we might have an academy player or two make the step up.

Jarnet87

He is out of form. Also, Rooney is too eager to get the ball instead of staying up and preoccupying the CBs.

feel the same way, has to spend more energy/effort making runs in the box then dropping deep. Today was a tough game for him but I give him credit for not giving up. Very little seemed to work but he just kept chipping at it, should of had an assist if Depay makes good on that great chance.

Fellaigoat doing his thing. At some point Carrick and Schneiderlin will be dead, they just don't work together. it's painful watching our 4 attacking players try to break down 6 or 7 defenders will Schneirderlin and Carrick just sit back with thumbs up their asses waiting to try and recycle play. Not all their fault, some of the blame has to go to van Gaal wanting them to sit and not make runs into the box.

Meier

If/when Chelsea bid £40m, I imagine Everton might bite. The problem is they don't want to appear toothless after repeating he isn't for sale. If they did sell him, I'd love them to take Denayer on loan..

Jarnet87

It is... but Jose clearly wants him. Could have a new look starting defence by September at this rate

hard for me to think that Jose would just drop Terry or Cahill for the rest of the season. They've had a bad start to the season, they will turn it around soon.

hard for me to think that Jose would just drop Terry or Cahill for the rest of the season. They've had a bad start to the season, they will turn it around soon.

They will obviously still get games but I would not be at all surprised if Ivanovic, Cahill and JT got swapped out for Baba, Stones and Zouma. If he wants to play a high defensive line, have 3 20~ year old defenders plus Azpili is the way he's going to do it.

I think JT will get a reprieve but he was the one to drop in order to make a statement to Roman. Cahill cost like £8m from Bolton... but I think he is actually much more vulnerable than JT to lose his place.

Blablurn

I will miss Saturdays game against Hoffenheim. Fucking making appointments during the summer break. You just dont expect football to be back anytime soon lol

Tubie

Football starts for me this weekend!

I can't wait.

Then I remember Benitez is in charge.

This is where I die 38(+ Cup/CL matches) times this year.

Fdkn

I can't belive Jose is going to sign Pedro

what a joke

this is what barça fans are posting right now in another forum:

tumblr_inline_nk0p5y98o61shrb8p.gif

I can't see us signing anyone else this window.

I guess we had the chance to activate the buyout but didn't and instead played hard-ball and lost out, never mind best of luck to him.

GHG

BBC reporting Pedro to Chelsea as being pretty much done now.

Incredible. They always do this. Did it to us with Mata, spurs with Willian and now Pedro.

Jarnet87

there is talk van Gaal backed out at the end. It kind of makes sense given that we've paid what teams have been asking for all summer and put in "supposedly" big bids for players like Bale or Muller, are we really gonna haggle over pay structure of a couple million pounds.I think if van Gaal was dead set on him and Pedro was dead set on coming to United we would have easily met the buyout clause when there were rumors City were in for him. Or it could be that we really lost him over paying a few million pounds now and not later. I wouldn't put it past United to screw it up given their transfer history.

13 days left in the window.

Moobabe

I can't belive Jose is going to sign Pedro

what a joke

this is what barça fans are posting right now in another forum:

tumblr_inline_nk0p5y98o61shrb8p.gif

We'll see - I like the guy: high energy, good work rate and quality on the ball. Granted he's no Suarez or Neymar but that's why they cost 70 million.

£21m for a world cup winner and champions league winner isn't bad.

The de Bruyne-Man City saga is one of the strangest I've ever witnessed. Are ManC masochistic enough to drop a huge sum for a kid that left Chelsea last year because he didn't get enough playtime ?

Moobabe

The de Bruyne-Man City saga is one of the strangest I've ever witnessed. Are ManC masochistic enough to drop a huge sum for a kid that left Chelsea last year because he didn't get enough playtime ?

Where would he play at City?

He won't displace Sterling or Silva - so that just leaves Navas's position up for grabs but I thought he'd done pretty well so far this season.

BBC reporting Pedro to Chelsea as being pretty much done now.

Incredible. They always do this. Did it to us with Mata, spurs with Willian and now Pedro.

Mata? No. He had a low release clause (£18m iirc) arsene didn't think he was worth it and tried to haggle, he signed a new deal with a higher clause, we spoke to Valencia after arsenal dropped interest and they asked for £25m which we paid.

The only thing we "always do" is pay what clubs want instead of pissing around,

Kickz

Snubchester Yanited

Where would he play at City?

He won't displace Sterling or Silva - so that just leaves Navas's position up for grabs but I thought he'd done pretty well so far this season.

Yes he would take Navas' place, he has been just average

Meier

Yes he would take Navas' place, he has been just average

I think Navas has played well for us this season and have been impressed by his play. Have to admit, I was super nervous when he came off for Nasri due to Navas' defensive willingness and the fact it was still only 1-0 at the time. Nasri links up well with Silva but if we do sign KDB, I wouldn't be surprised if City gave Nasri the option to leave. There won't be a place for him to be a regular starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom