• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM94

Welcome Thauvin.

CMypmUtWUAAzO_m.png

Kek at Manutd on pedro.

Why are the english media so persistent on my Benz? I would imagine CR7 is sad would sell more papers than Benz to Manutd or Arsenal.

Bale is a shit. Not amusing isco and james outplaying him yet Bale will be starting. fml.

They are persistent on Benzema to Arsenal because they are desperate for it to happen

Turok_TTZ

They are persistent on Benzema to Arsenal because they are desperate for it to happen

It's just that Benzema is rather low profile in comparison to the rest of madrid team. Yes, he really is low profile here in spain. Annoying as fuck but everyone loves Muh CR7 or Bale.

Evenmoreso with the not so subtle media campaign against benz with AS in particular wanting Aguero or Falcao in madrid instead of benz. Some shit never changes.

>stall on paying £21 million for Pedro
>will end up paying £25 million for Mane
Manutd guys, pls tell me this is not true.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It saddens me that Pedro will be joining the cunts at Chelsea. Notlikethis.gif

Valencia up on Monaco again! Just tuned in for the second half and it's been a good one.

Lyng

Sky are reporting that Van Gaal didnt feel sure about Pedro.

But nice to see Abramovich wasting money again. This is not a Mourinho transfer.

Also why are people so up in arms over Otamendi? He is a one season wonder that is so similar to Rojo in type.
Would much rather we sent for Stones.

But nice to see Abramovich wasting money again. This is not a Mourinho transfer.

Well all the information at this point suggests Jose spoke to Pedro and wanted it done, we were linked with him way before United were (also were interested last January before we went for Cuadrado). I don't know how you could decide it wasn't a Jose signing. Good price for a player that could do well for us

Jarnet87

Also why are people so up in arms over Otamendi? He is a one season wonder that is so similar to Rojo in type.

Stones doesn't fit the Philosophy or the Process or w/e van Ghaleon is calling it these days, plus Smalling has continued his run of good form from the end of last season. Of course Phil Jones should be recovering shortly from the thrombosis meaning balance must be restored and Smalling will get injured. If we did get Stones would he play on the left of the two or would it be Smalling.

I haven't seen much of Sadio Mane but he's young, fast, and has some trickery based on the highlights. I honestly don't care where we buy players from or what we pay as long as they work out.

raven777

Them saying Van Gaal wasn't sure and pulled out is obviously them trying to save their face. United fucked it up and they lost to Chelsea in a deal which United started month ago. It just goes to show you how pathetic United's transfer skills are

And Mane is fucking joke. I really hope United don't sign him.

Tubie

I can't believe Chelsea paid 28m euros for Pedro.

28 million

Pedro

Try to make sense of that.

Barcelona made out like bandits.

Tubie

100 million for a stadium is like nothing..

100m not counting what it cost them to buy the land and all the permits involved.

They are trying to get the same deal Madrid got and change the zoning code of the lands they are building on so they can just pay 44m for that parcel instead of 75m. They will still build it even if they have to pay full price for that parcel tho.

Lyng

Them saying Van Gaal wasn't sure and pulled out is obviously them trying to save their face. United fucked it up and they lost to Chelsea in a deal which United started month ago. It just goes to show you how pathetic United's transfer skills are

And Mane is fucking joke. I really hope United don't sign him.

Yup which is why we didnt get Depay, Schneiderlin etc. Oh wait....People are so blind by their hate of United its laughable

Lyng

Well all the information at this point suggests Jose spoke to Pedro and wanted it done, we were linked with him way before United were (also were interested last January before we went for Cuadrado). I don't know how you could decide it wasn't a Jose signing. Good price for a player that could do well for us

He is so anti Jose. Just wait and see Mou bench him after he doesnt come back fast enough to park the bus....

Tubie

Yup which is why we didnt get Depay, Schneiderlin etc. Oh wait....People are so blind by their hate of United its laughable

United dodged a massive bullet with Pedro.

I follow La Liga and know just how shit Pedro has been for the past 3-4 years, as will any Barca supporter tell you too.

raven777

Depay was OK signing that worked because Van Gaal knew him well. Schneiderlin was a signing without much competition and we overpaid. Probably one really good signing we had was Darmian which I admit was a great signing.

I swear if United end the transfer window like this, or signing just Mane I will be really pissed.

Lyng

Depay was OK signing that worked because Van Gaal knew him well. Schneiderlin was a signing without much competition and we overpaid. Probably one really good signing we had was Darmian which I admit was a great signing.

I swear if United end the transfer window like this, or signing just Mane I will be really pissed.

Depay is a fantastic signing. He is an insane talent.
Arsenal where going after Schneiderlin aswell. How is that no competition?
Darmian was the signing where alot of fans where moaning because he wasn't top of the shelf. And now where he has proven them wrong they are forced to eat their words. United have done great business this window. Actually strengthening the places where we have been lacking for years.

raven777

Darmian was the signing where alot of fans where moaning because he wasn't top of the shelf. And now where he has proven them wrong they are forced to eat their words. United have done great business this window. Actually strengthening the places where we have been lacking for years.

Depay has potential but it will take time. He could end up another Nani.

And we are seriously lacking in striker and centeback and we dont sign any. Still trusting Rooney who clearly has past it and putting players like Blind and Phil Jones as centreback. A lot of fans dont seem to admit Rooney is not who he used to be and now is a mediocre player. Blind is shit as CB and Phil Jones will never be a good CB.

Our business has been better than past few years but it doesnt mean it was great.

And players like blacket, Adnan, Wilson, Chicharito, Evans shouldnt even be considered.

And we are seriously lacking in striker and centeback and we dont sign any. Still trusting Rooney who clearly has past it and putting players like Blind and Phil Jones as centreback. A lot of fans dont seem to admit Rooney is not who he used to be and now is a mediocre player. Blind is shit as CB and Phil Jones will never be a good CB.

Our business has been better than past few years but it doesnt mean it was great.

And players like blacket, Adnan, Wilson, Chicharito, Evans shouldnt even be considered.

So much to disagree with in this post, but where to start?

II'll just pick on the Rooney point which is utter nonsense. There is no way he is past it and I fully expect 20+ goals from him this year. He needs time to adjust back to leading the line and we have seen that in the last 2 games but it's not a reason to write him off. He is a slow starter every year anyway.

That said, I agree that we need another goal scorer. We've got no proven forward to play up top on his own, as much as I like both Wilson & Chicha.

Lyng

Januzaj showed great improvement last match. Wilson is a massive striker talent. Chicharito is a fantastic super sub, just look how furious most madrid fans where when not fully signing him, after what was a really great year for him as a sub. Evans should be sold, and I still believe we could end up using him in a deal with Everton to get Stones.

Isn't it too early to say Darmian has proved them wrong?

Firemind

II'll just pick on the Rooney point which is utter nonsense. There is no way he is past it and I fully expect 20+ goals from him this year.
2012-13: 27 appearances, 12 goals
2013-14: 29 appearances, 17 goals
2014-15: 33 appearances, 12 goals

Stats say otherwise. Rooney has been a shit striker for years. Much like RVP.

Kill3r7

It's only been 3 games. Can we at least give Rooney a good run of games before claiming he is done?

The rest of your post is senseless drivel. Although not a fan of Blind at CB, he has been very good so far (admittedly a very small sample size). Adnan is only 20 years old and was one of our better players as an 18 year old. Chicharito and Wilson are perfectly serviceable backups. Evans needs a new start and Everton would be a great place for him to do so. People forget that he was excellent during Fergies last season. I agree that Blackett is not United quality.

Wabba

Depay is more then potential, everybody can see that he is world class talent. Already a good player at this age, and he has the right attitude to be great. Only time will tell.

Rooney is nowhere near a mediocre player, he is best in a lower position and its going to take time for him to adjust, but i am pretty sure that he can provide some good goals from the striker position. But we still need another striker or a Griezman style player that can provide more goals.

Blind has been really solid as CB, no point in bashing him and saying that he is to weak and slow to be a CB. When he actually is bad, weak or slow then we can talk. As of now he has my support. This far he has been really solid. Phil Jones is a hit and miss, injury is slowing down his progress, but of course he can be a great CB, he already is.

Adnan and Wilson is two of the brightest talents the united academy have ever had so why shouldn't they be considered. Wasn't it PSG that bid 40M for Adnan two years ago?

Cappa

Banned
It's just that Benzema is rather low profile in comparison to the rest of madrid team. Yes, he really is low profile here in spain. Annoying as fuck but everyone loves Muh CR7 or Bale.

Evenmoreso with the not so subtle media campaign against benz with AS in particular wanting Aguero or Falcao in madrid instead of benz. Some shit never changes.

Manutd guys, pls tell me this is not true.
Benzema low profile in spain? What does this even mean? He's considered one of the best players in the league and there's a reason why he is one of the best paid to.

No one in spain wants Benzema out but it's painfully obvious we need another striker. The rumors of Benzema to arsenal all are originating from outside of spain

Lyng

Shevchenko wasn't "anti-Jose". It was a Roman signing yes but thats nothing like what you've suggested

He bombed hard and Mou dropped him.
Wether or not that happens with Pedro, is of course to early to tell, but he is really a different type of player then what Mou normally goes for.

Cappa

Banned

Did you really compare Otamendi to rojo? Lol Otamendi has had multiple good seasons. Rojo had a good world cup.

I do think city overpaid though like they always do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom