• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

I live in Spain and it's not opinion it's fact. Benzema is Florentinos golden boy and the media in Spain protect "his players".

It's painfully obvious based on the preseason we need a striker and no Reus isn't the answer. Someone willing to compete and come off the bench like llorente is. Mayoral is way to young and Jese is NOT a striker
Is this post real? The media protecting Benz? Benz??? Top lel.
Do you read the papers or check the sites? You missed the AS agenda last year orchestrated by mendes trashing Benz and praising/pushing Falcao toward madrid before his move to manutd? The year before with both Marca and AS taking the piss on Benz? and the years before those?

This summer is the only time in 5 years they don't take piss but instead they be all like "Maybe its time for Benz to go" passive aggressive bs instead of the usual shit and this was in early june. at least they quit that shit early.

You can't be serious m8.

Do you even observe our boys? Jese AND Mayoral > Llorente, that clown even being linked with us is a joke in itself and one I am thankful Flo said hell no to. Those two are more than enough. How else can we give our youth a chance? They got the quality. Preseason is for fitness and ideas, not performances. Jese has impressed me with his intelligent runs. These things take time and I don't reckon Madrid are in a rush. this isn't january, this is bloody august. Besides, Benz will return after the first league game is done. Very little to be concerned about. CR7 or Jese can play cf in the meantime.

Reus was a joke, I didn't even mean it. besides, I don't see Reus coming here anytime soon. We need to get rid of one of CR7 or Bale before Reus can be realistic. though there has been surprises before... I expect Reus to stay in Dortmund. and he should stay there, dortmund need him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just got my Hazard shirt from aliexpress and this is the best quality, for only ! Yes, will be buying more for sure.

Mind PMing me a link to the buyer?

One I bought on August 2nd still hasn't arrived :(

Tracking info doesnt work on that shirt or my Arsenal training jumper either :(

Nodnol

Bolasie is average lower mid table Premier league club player.

If Spurs do sign him he's hardly going to bridge the gap between them and fourth.

I wouldn't have been that harsh; Bolasie has a skill set pretty much unrivaled in the Premier League, he quick, powerful....he also can't finish for toffee and to say his end product is inconsistent is an understatement.

He gets you off your feet and on his day can be totally unplayable...but that's not often enough. He's capable of things no one else can do (well, apart from Zaha). I've been surprised with the Spurs link all summer; he's not going to deliver what they need at anywhere near a consistent level, not to mention I doubt there fans will have the patience for him.

If he could finish, he'd be touted for a top 4/5 club. At 26 though, I really doubt he's going to sudden develop aspects of his game that are severely missing.

I hope he stays at Palace, but I was just curious whether or not any Spur's fans actually want him.

Fans of numerous London club’s have joined to protest over West Ham’s move to the Olympic Stadium. Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Charlton fans have all signed up to a petition requesting a full public inquiry.

“On top of the minimal conversion contribution, West Ham has been allowed to keep the sale proceeds of their current stadium, valued at £71m,” the fans’ petition read.

“Rental is £2.5m a year, halving should WHU be relegated. Taxpayers will cover the costs of stadium utilities, security, pitch maintenance, goalposts and corner flags - estimated to be worth £1.4m-£2.5m a year."

Haha, what a bunch of mugs. "Allowed" to keep the proceeds from selling our stadium? Well, why the fuck shouldn't we? Also, who could have ever guessed that the landlord would pay for maintenance and not the tenants? What thieving scum we are, clearly pulling the wool over the taxpayer's eyes. And of course, let's never make any mention of the fact that Seb Coe vehemently insisted that the stadium be built for athletics use only, rather than having the foresight to realise it'd be needed for a different purpose after the Olympics were done and dusted. The Olympic committee were lucky we were willing to pay £15m towards conversion costs, as it was entirely their blunder.

Blablurn

Kicker | Aránguiz will miss 6 months due to injury. Bayer Leverkusen want Rode or Hojbjerg on loan as a replacement

Poor guy. He arrived 2 weeks ago. And now he's already out.

Vinter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34012576

Steaua Bucharest coach Mirel Radoi has been banned from giving instructions to his players from the technical area.
The 34-year-old was given a touchline ban by European governing body Uefa on Monday because he does not have the necessary coaching licence.

What a club in shambles Steaua Bucuresti is. After Rosenborg beat them 3-0 the owner apparantly fired two of the players, one of which just recently joined the club. A good cause for the 50+1 rule if I ever saw it.

Cappa

Banned
Is this post real? The media protecting Benz? Benz??? Top lel.
Do you read the papers or check the sites? You missed the AS agenda last year orchestrated by mendes trashing Benz and praising/pushing Falcao toward madrid before his move to manutd? The year before with both Marca and AS taking the piss on Benz? and the years before those?

This summer is the only time in 5 years they don't take piss but instead they be all like "Maybe its time for Benz to go" passive aggressive bs instead of the usual shit and this was in early june. at least they quit that shit early.

You can't be serious m8.

Do you even observe our boys? Jese AND Mayoral > Llorente, that clown even being linked with us is a joke in itself and one I am thankful Flo said hell no to. Those two are more than enough. How else can we give our youth a chance? They got the quality. Preseason is for fitness and ideas, not performances. Jese has impressed me with his intelligent runs. These things take time and I don't reckon Madrid are in a rush. this isn't january, this is bloody august. Besides, Benz will return after the first league game is done. Very little to be concerned about. CR7 or Jese can play cf in the meantime.

Reus was a joke, I didn't even mean it. besides, I don't see Reus coming here anytime soon. We need to get rid of one of CR7 or Bale before Reus can be realistic. though there has been surprises before... I expect Reus to stay in Dortmund. and he should stay there, dortmund need him.

I don't just type long paragraphs

Here you go

http://imgur.com/hKAEuXP
http://imgur.com/ZSHooJd
http://imgur.com/di4AYZk
http://imgur.com/OIdUk7n

There are plenty of articles talking negatively sure but which real Madrid player hasn't been? They defend benzema more than criticize him for sure

I'll repeat. Jese is not a striker and mayoral is not ready for the first team. Asensio looks much more ready than him and he was loaned out. Mayoral more than likely won't be because they'd rather him play for Castilla then ride the bench on other teams.

Nyx

Burnley bid 9 million pounds for Andy Gray of Brentford who supposedly has a medical today in Burnley.

9 million pounds, jeez.

But hey, maybe now Marinus can spend 10m euros on Haller, right Marinus?

la_briola

Kicker | Aránguiz will miss 6 months due to injury. Bayer Leverkusen want Rode or Hojbjerg on loan as a replacement

Poor guy. He arrived 2 weeks ago. And now he's already out.

Rode on loan to Frankfurt, please.
angel.gif

Fdkn

Here you go

There are plenty of articles talking negatively sure but which real Madrid player hasn't been? They defend benzema more than criticize him for sure

I'll repeat. Jese is not a striker and mayoral is not ready for the first team. Asensio looks much more ready than him and he was loaned out. Mayoral more than likely won't be because they'd rather him play for Castilla then ride the bench on other teams.

I'm sorry but what does that prove? All those are after a match where he was the best player of the team lol, and many more times he is and he doesn't get that praise.

There are campaigns to sell him or bench him every year.

When I think about a player overprotected by the press I think of Casillas and Ramos, Isco or even Carvajal, but Benzema? please

Cappa

Banned
I'm sorry but what does that prove? All those are after a match where he was the best player of the team lol, and many more times he is and he doesn't get that praise.

There are campaigns to sell him or bench him every year.

When I think about a player overprotected by the press I think of Casillas and Ramos, Isco or even Carvajal, but Benzema? please

Did you just skip the front page article praising him being resigned through 2019? That he is "pletórico indiscutible?""un 9 para siempre"

There are campaigns to bench and sell every player every year or did you forget how everyone was bashing Ramos for using United to resign with Madrid? Please benzema is Pérezs golden boy he is not going anywhere

Fdkn

Did you just skip the front page article praising him being resigned through 2019? That he is "pletórico indiscutible?""un 9 para siempre"

There are campaigns to bench and sell every player every year or did you forget how everyone was bashing Ramos for using United to resign with Madrid? Please benzema is Pérezs golden boy he is not going anywhere

This did not happen at all, on the contrary, only a handful of journalists that are hated by the rest of the press like Pedrerol and J.Ruiz said that while everywhere else we had to listen to that tiring and false speech about Ramos being the best in the world and the new captain and deserving everything he asks for. Even now that he has signed there is a campaign trying to convince people that the problem wasn't the money (lol)

I think we are going too local for what this place is for tho, so maybe we just listen and read very different press.

Everton in for Yarmolenko. Would be a good way of spending Stones' money I guess.

Apparently they've only spent £4m this summer, the lowest in the league so they can do a deal or two without the Stones money. Centre backs they're being linked with are obviously Stones replacements though

Lunar FC

Really wish the beginning of the season wasn't directly lined up with school starting up again. So fucking exhausted that getting up at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday sounds even more ridiculous.

Turok_TTZ

Here you go

Yes many has been blasted by media sure, but not like Benz has been.

You see every odd article now and then but not once will you see an article blasting CR7 and being subtle on him needing to be sold for not being good enough for madrid. AS and Marca hasn't even been tried to be subtle with Benz over the years, especially during the falcao links. Those articles praising the Benz are minuscule compared to the slander that has been published. far too few.

The mere mention of Benz not being good enough for Real madrid just rubs me the wrong way. Benz has time and again proven he belongs in madrid yet many still doubt him even after all these years of good service and loyalty.

Even though PSG offered 15m a year salary when Benz's place in team was constantly under question and had a big fight with Mourinho, he stayed. Even though Madrid under cut Benz and instead of offering him a 9m salary that he asked, they offered only 7.5m, Benz accepted it out of loyalty to club when he could have earned so much more elsewhere. And he did so without resorting to petty tactics like using ManUtd to push madrid to getting a better deal.
and btw, That psg offer still on table even now.

Benz had a lot to endure during his time in Madrid. A lesser man would have left already. But Benz pays his dues and plays hard. Upto Rafa to use him correctly for he will be crucial to winning titles this upcoming season.

TeddyBoy

I wouldn't have been that harsh; Bolasie has a skill set pretty much unrivaled in the Premier League, he quick, powerful....he also can't finish for toffee and to say his end product is inconsistent is an understatement.

He gets you off your feet and on his day can be totally unplayable...but that's not often enough. He's capable of things no one else can do (well, apart from Zaha). I've been surprised with the Spurs link all summer; he's not going to deliver what they need at anywhere near a consistent level, not to mention I doubt there fans will have the patience for him.

If he could finish, he'd be touted for a top 4/5 club. At 26 though, I really doubt he's going to sudden develop aspects of his game that are severely missing.

I hope he stays at Palace, but I was just curious whether or not any Spur's fans actually want him.

I was being harsh yes but he left Southampton when they were in the bottom half of the Premier League and I just see Bolasie as a direct wingers who can't shoot very well.

If he does go Spurs then I wish him all the best, he can't be worse than Lamella.

Apparently they've only spent £4m this summer, the lowest in the league so they can do a deal or two without the Stones money. Centre backs they're being linked with are obviously Stones replacements though

Everton is broke.

They spent not only the entirety of last summer's budget on Lukaku but also a fair chunk of their upcoming transfer windows and will need to sell to buy.

Distin and Alcaraz left this summer so they currently only have two senior centre backs on the books. They need at least three so they'll buy at least one before the transfer window shuts and then another should Stones leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom