• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought all things considered that Januzaj did well this week...

Meh, he has some skills/potential but still riddled with very poor crosses, holding up the ball too long, going down too easily and not playing the ball forward enough/fast enough meaning he has to excessively backpass. It was the same in that last PL game.

I actually thing that all things considered Shaw played really well. He seems to get criticised for his pace but he was shooting around like a rocket and did some excellent defending apart from one fuck-up.

Welcome Pedro! Signed in time to probably be on the bench against WBA (I say bench because he probably won't train before)

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Pedro from Barcelona.

The Spaniard arrives as a highly coveted winger who can also play as a central striker. He is proven at the very highest level and already possesses an impressive medal haul.

The 28-year-old has accumulated three Champions Leagues and five La Liga titles, as well as being a world and European champion on the international stage.

He said: ‘I am very happy to be here. I am very excited to start my adventure at Chelsea and I am here to keep winning titles.

'Thanks to the club and the supporters for giving me the opportunity to put the blue shirt on.’

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/pedro-signs-for-chelsea-.html

He bombed hard and Mou dropped him.
Wether or not that happens with Pedro, is of course to early to tell, but he is really a different type of player then what Mou normally goes for.
I really can't see how Pedro will fit into that team. Seems like Jose mostly likes to play the same guys...

Moobabe

I really can't see how Pedro will fit into that team. Seems like Jose mostly likes to play the same guys...

That's the problem - I can only hope this mean Mourinho is going to rotate players for once.

Remy - Costa - Falcao

Hazard - Oscar - Willian

Moses - Pedro - Cuadrado

Isn't a bad 9 attacking options for 4 positions IF THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING PLAY

It's funny how mediocre this ManU team is compared to the PL top teams.

Prediction time!

PL: Manchester City, i want to say Arsenal but without a proper striker is not gonna happen. Watford for the EL spots.
La Liga: flip a coin, head is Barça, tail is Real. Keep an eye on Deportivo.
Bundesligazzzzzz: Bayernzzzzzzzz
Serie A: hard to say, but not Juve. Maybe Roma?
Ligue 1: errrr.... PSG i guess??
Liga NOS: Benfica, Mitro and Jonas are top tier.

EDIT: forgot about european competitions

Champions League: PSG :p
Europa League: some portuguese team

That's the problem - I can only hope this mean Mourinho is going to rotate players for once.

Remy - Costa - Falcao

Hazard - Oscar - Willian

Moses - Pedro - Cuadrado

Isn't a bad 9 attacking options for 4 positions IF THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING PLAY

Moses and Cuadrado are done, at best Moses will be a bench warmer.

Pedro gives us more pace and more likely a player Jose will trust, Oscar has an injury atm im not sure how serious (not at all I think) but Jose also doesnt play Oscar in many big games.

Lots of talk that with Hazard and Pedro we finally have the ability to play with width like we did with the Robben - Duff wings and Lampard (Cesc) in the middle.

I think Pedro will certainly play, not sure about starting this weekend but I foresee Hazard - Willian - Pedro in the near future.

Now to go and get Stones

Moobabe

Moses and Cuadrado are done, at best Moses will be a bench warmer.

Pedro gives us more pace and more likely a player Jose will trust, Oscar has an injury atm im not sure how serious (not at all I think) but Jose also doesnt play Oscar in many big games.

Lots of talk that with Hazard and Pedro we finally have the ability to play with width like we did with the Robben - Duff wings and Lampard (Cesc) in the middle.

I think Pedro will certainly play, not sure about starting this weekend but I foresee Hazard - Willian - Pedro in the near future.

Now to go and get Stones

Moses shouldn't be done - there was no point in keeping him and not selling him or putting him out on loan if he wasn't going to play. He was also one of the standout performers in pre-season. He's stronger than ANY of our attacking options and is much more direct.

Cuadrado I'm torn - how are we supposed to judge him if he never plays?

And I hate Fabregas behind the striker - I think it's his worst position yet Mourinho perseveres with him in there.

Edit - I know stats lie but this is telling

pedro-stats-chelsea_3339455.jpg

The minutes played is ridiculous on our guys - we simply have to rotate players.

Moses shouldn't be done - there was no point in keeping him and not selling him or putting him out on loan if he wasn't going to play. He was also one of the standout performers in pre-season. He's stronger than ANY of our attacking options and is much more direct.

Cuadrado I'm torn - how are we supposed to judge him if he never plays?

And I hate Fabregas behind the striker - I think it's his worst position yet Mourinho perseveres with him in there.

Perhaps Jose saw something in training he didn't like, I don't know. Its a shame but it seems like he has some offers and will go, some things I've seen have said the player wants to leave so its not just us.

I wasn't suggesting Cesc behind the striker, he'll stay in the pivot with Matic but I think if you compared Jose's original spell and this one if Lampard was in his mid-20s now he'd probably be next to Matic.

Moobabe

Perhaps Jose saw something in training he didn't like, I don't know. Its a shame but it seems like he has some offers and will go, some things I've seen have said the player wants to leave so its not just us.

I wasn't suggesting Cesc behind the striker, he'll stay in the pivot with Matic but I think if you compared Jose's original spell and this one if Lampard was in his mid-20s now he'd probably be next to Matic.

Maybe - I mean I know he sees the guys every single day but I can't imagine that no-one outside of that first 11 is showing him anything?

Maybe they're disillusioned because they know that, despite how well they do, it'll be the same guys playing every week.

Like last week for instances - why did Fabregas play? We bought him specifically to help us beat teams who like to sit deep so he can provide a little bit of magic to unlock defenses. We don't seem to be adapting anymore.

For instance - when we used to play Arsenal under Mourinho we would pick a big, strong team: Drogba, Essien, Brana, Mikel etc

So why when we played Swansea (or even away at Man City) did we not try and compete physically? Matic and Ramires in the middle - Willian Moses and Hazard behind the striker? That adaptability is gone

Turok_TTZ

Benzema low profile in spain? What does this even mean? He's considered one of the best players in the league and there's a reason why he is one of the best paid to.

No one in spain wants Benzema out but it's painfully obvious we need another striker. The rumors of Benzema to arsenal all are originating from outside of spain
Not in spain, only outside of spain is he rated. that is your opinion. Many in spain rather someone else than Benz for the spanish media do not appreciate what Benz brings.

Benz doesnt get respect that he deserves.

We need a striker? That is also your opinion. Jese and mayoral will be fine. Reus would be nice but I doubt he likes bench.

Not in spain, only outside of spain is he rated. that is your opinion. Many in spain rather someone else than Benz for the spanish media do not appreciate what Benz brings.

We need a striker? That is also your opinion. Jese and mayoral will be fine. Reus would be nice but I doubt he likes bench.

Reus would get in ahead of Kroos and Isco surely?

Lyng

Why would Reus be on the bench?

Blablurn

Sport1 | Dante rejected the Leverkusen offer and wants to stay at Bayern. He said: I love Bayern more than anything

aka

he wants to keep his bayern salary of 7m per year

Cappa

Banned

I live in Spain and it's not opinion it's fact. Benzema is Florentinos golden boy and the media in Spain protect "his players".

It's painfully obvious based on the preseason we need a striker and no Reus isn't the answer. Someone willing to compete and come off the bench like llorente is. Mayoral is way to young and Jese is NOT a striker

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
So its going to be a loan deal for Lucas. Extremely shitty move on our part that.

Illori is going out on loan again it seems, that's probably the end of his career here. Least that would mean Sakho would stay put surely?

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
Didn't Illori just say he didn't want to go out on loan?

He did. But the U21 manager has been quoted as saying the club is actively looking for loan deals for both him & Teixeria.

I'd rather the club had not given Toure a new contract & used him instead. Another victim of Rodgers-committee skirmish.

Fdkn

I live in Spain and it's not opinion it's fact. Benzema is Florentinos golden boy and the media in Spain protect "his players".

It's painfully obvious based on the preseason we need a striker and no Reus isn't the answer. Someone willing to compete and come off the bench like llorente is. Mayoral is way to young and Jese is NOT a striker

I live in Spain too and the media does not protect Benzema at all.

I agree we need a striker tho, last two seasons Karim was injured in March/April/May (thanks for your help Ancelotti) and we suffered because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom