• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
so loopholes and dodgy accounting. at least the lawyers are working for their money.

well, whatever. if just makes the inevitable Champion's League exit all the more satisfying.

What City are doing isn;t dodgy accounting in the slightest, they are literally following the substance of the transaction, as every football club will.

Would be nice if we could break this myth of faulty accounting with city.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Man-U pls be exciting

I had a bad night at work I need good footy

You have world class players all over your midfield

You're on tv all the time

Yet you clank your way to disgusting boring victories.

TeddyBoy

Rodgers: "You don't need to dominate the ball there, you just need to dominate the space. The last ten games Arsenal have lost at home, teams have only averaged four shots on target with 43% possession."

It'll be nice to go to a Champions League rival playing smart for a change, we need to be cautious and catch Arsenal on the break with our strong/pacey players.

My predicted lineup:

Mignolet
Clyne-Skrtel-Lovren-Gomez
Ibe-Can-Milner-Lallana
Firmino
Benteke

Henderson looks to be injured, Allen is out and Lucas is looking like he's being sold so I think we'll try a 4-4-1-1. Just hope Can and Milner work in the middle better than last monday!

Rodgers: "You don't need to dominate the ball there, you just need to dominate the space. The last ten games Arsenal have lost at home, teams have only averaged four shots on target with 43% possession."

It'll be nice to go to a Champions League rival playing smart for a change, we need to be cautious and catch Arsenal on the break with our strong/pacey players.

My predicted lineup:

Mignolet
Clyne-Skrtel-Lovren-Gomez
Ibe-Can-Milner-Lallana
Firmino
Benteke

Henderson looks to be injured, Allen is out and Lucas is looking like he's being sold so I think we'll try a 4-4-1-1. Just hope Can and Milner work in the middle better than last monday!
Where's Coutinho?

TeddyBoy

Where's Coutinho?

If we're trying to shut Arsenal down we'll surely go for our most defensive minded players in more defensive formation (so 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2).

We need Ibe for his pace and we can't afford to put Coutinho in the middle.

We need Benteke up top to hold onto the ball and Firmino's interception rate was one of the best in the Bundesliga last season for a forward player.

I think Lallana is better defensively than Coutinho so I'm giving him the nod, but since Lallana hasn't played well these last couple games he could well be dropped.

What's your eleven?

Teddy pls

Sorry Hitch, bring Coutinho on in the 60th minute for an 89th minute equaliser?

If we're trying to shut Arsenal down we'll surely go for our most defensive minded players in more defensive formation (so 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2).

We need Ibe for his pace and we can't afford to put Coutinho in the middle.

We need Benteke up top to hold onto the ball and Firmino's interception rate was one of the best in the Bundesliga last season for a forward player.

I think Lallana is better defensively than Coutinho so I'm giving him the nod, but since Lallana hasn't played well these last couple games he could well be dropped.

What's your eleven?

Sorry Hitch, bring Coutinho on in the 60th minute for an 89th minute equaliser?

I think Coutinho needs to start

He's the best we have at carrying the ball from midfield to attack which we'll need if we want to counter properly instead of just launching it to Benteke.

And Lallana has earned a spot on the bench imo. And while he works hard, he doesn't do it intelligently enough to make any real impact going forward or back, so he's providing nothing in real terms, just a body to pass to as a last resort, and a body the other team has to maneuvre the ball around on the way to our box.

No Henderson is a big blow for our ability to break quickly, and track their runners. He played well against Bournemouth as well, which isn;t much to shout about but was a big improvement on his form since February or so.

-----------------------------Mignolet--------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clyne-------------Lovren----------Sakho--------------Gomez
----------------------------Can--------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Milner-----------------------
--------------------Coutinho----------------------------------------
------Ibe-------------------------------------------Firmino---------
-------------------------------Benteke------------------------------

Obviously that CB partnership is never gonna happen, and I don't much like Can at DM but it seems Lucas won't be playing for us ever again. Three behind Benteke would need to do much more tracking back than they'd like, but needs must

TeddyBoy

I think Coutinho needs to start

He's the best we have at carrying the ball from midfield to attack which we'll need if we want to counter properly instead of just launching it to Benteke.

And Lallana has earned a spot on the bench imo. And while he works hard, he doesn't do it intelligently enough to make any real impact going forward or back, so he's providing nothing in real terms, just a body to pass to as a last resort, and a body the other team has to maneuvre the ball around on the way to our box.

No Henderson is a big blow for our ability to break quickly, and track their runners. He played well against Bournemouth as well, which isn;t much to shout about but was a big improvement on his form since February or so.

-----------------------------Mignolet--------------------------------
Clyne-------------Lovren----------Sakho--------------Gomez
----------------------------Can--------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Milner-----------------------
--------------------Coutinho----------------------------------------
------Ibe-------------------------------------------Firmino---------
-------------------------------Benteke------------------------------

Obviously that CB partnership is never gonna happen, and I don't much like Can at DM but it seems Lucas won't be playing for us ever again. Three behind Benteke would need to do much more tracking back than they'd like, but needs must

I think your spot on Hitch and your line up is much more likely than mine knowing Rodgers.

Guess we'll see how good Firmino is one way or another.

Do Newcastle always play this open? If they do its no surprise they aren't winning games, you just can't let the opposition have that much space without conceding.

Today's lineup. Come on FC!

11953264_1178809262146583_1015543071930466157_n.jpg

I haven't really watched Januzaj since the first two or three games when he burst onto the scene. I was genuinely a bit jealous of him being a United youth product at that point. Now every time I see bits of him it's usually just him acting like a dick.

How is his general play these days?

GHG

I haven't really watched Januzaj since the first two or three games when he burst onto the scene. I was genuinely a bit jealous of him being a United youth product at that point. Now every time I see bits of him it's usually just him acting like a dick.

How is his general play these days?

Not that great, very inconsistent.

But he's young so it's to be expected.

Lunar FC

Thanks guys. Ball just in the lap for chicaroto there, nice save but was hoping it went in just so I could yell his name at 6 in the morning again.

TeddyBoy

2 points dropped for United, they should have won this game but after the first 20 minutes in the first half they really struggled to build any pressure until the last 15 minutes.

Jarnet87

Adnan is useless, just put fucking Mata in the middle already. I think it's gonna take Carrick and Schweinsteiger getting injured for Herrera to play which is a shame, we desperately need him. I'm so sick of seeing our 2 deep midfielders just sit there doing nothing while our 4 attackers plus Shaw try and break down 7-8 defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom