• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow florian klein with 2 stupid challenges in a row and gets rightly sent off. one lazy challenge to get a yellow and then a second on Holtby that could have been a straight red

slider

Discipline is a huge issue for us.

We've had five red cards in our season so far.

Yeah, I'd kind of tried to ignore the Europa ones by putting it down to wiley, experienced Euro teams against... erm, us; the little team that could. But if this continues we'll be in all sorts of trouble.

Still, six goals so far ain't too bad.

Blablurn

QYbN37m.png

Vidal pls

Yeah, I'd kind of tried to ignore the Europa ones by putting it down to wiley, experienced Euro teams against... erm, us; the little team that could. But if this continues we'll be in all sorts of trouble.

Still, six goals so far ain't too bad.

Hopefully when Song signs we'll stop a lot of those balls getting through midfield and put in a few more biting, but non-cardable tackles.

Dark Rider

Anyone else got a feeling Barça will absolutely destroy Bilbao tomorrow?

that will be a given
Bilbao spent all their energy in super cup, they could play for one half only in EL and completely die in the second half conceding 3 goals and losing the match 3-2
Barcelona want revenge vs. dead Athletic Bilbao

bonus: if Bilbao want to qualify for EL groups they need to save some energy to turn that lose in the first leg

Bilbao is double dead
the wise thing to do in the Barcelona match is to save energy and get the least damage possible then unleash their power in EL second leg mid-week to secure that EL group stage spot

that will be a given
Bilbao spent all their energy in super cup, they could play for one half only in EL and completely die in the second half conceding 3 goals and losing the match 3-2
Barcelona want revenge vs. dead Athletic Bilbao

bonus: if Bilbao want to qualify for EL groups they need to save some energy to turn that lose in the first leg

Bilbao is double dead
the wise thing to do for this in the Barcelona match is to save energy and get the least damage possible then unleash their power in EL second leg mid-week to secure that EL group stage spot

That was literally my complete train of thought. Juicy odds at the bookies on Barça -1, which I really think they should easily be able to cover.

Dark Rider

That was literally my complete train of thought. Juicy odds at the bookies on Barça -1, which I really think they should easily be able to cover.

they should
but this is football so it is possible that Barcelona go for a fail fest to convert chances to goals and Bilbao get away with a draw or even snatch a goal off a counter

they should
but this is football so it is possible that Barcelona go for a fail fest to convert chances to goals and Bilbao get away with a draw or even snatch a goal off a counter

Yup, and that defense is riddled with holes at the moment.

Or an insane save, like today in the Roma game in the 89th minute:

https://streamable.com/iy2j
That was an absolutely incredible reflex and then to drop as quickly as that. Beautiful.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Away win at Preston. Christ.

Maybe this will finally be our year?

I hate this. It's the hope that ultimately crushes you.

I am sort of weirdly glad we screwed up against Brentford.

Could you imagine the nose bleed of 12 pts from 12 in the league and being through in the cup?

I still remember going to Portman Rd in the late 90s when we , you know, were actually an extremely good footballing side who just couldn't get out that stupid division.

These days it really does seem to take a huge slice of luck and a sliver of consistency and it's the later of the two that Mick seems to have brought us.

Lyng

More Bale nonsense in the papers today.

And Neymar. British journalists are the worst. First they spout some nonsense about United targeting these unrealistic players and then when its revealed that United where not in the business for these targets, they claim the players snubbed United and that United is stupid for chasing them xD

The worst part though is all the silly muppets who believe them.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Yeah, the Neymar story is clearly just a smoke screen to hide the fact that United are seemingly unable to close out deals for players who have other options other than going to United. ;)

I don't think Ed Woodward is the man for this job.

Blablurn

Shit. De Bruyne missed an easy game winning goal right at the end of the game. The dude seems to be in manchester already with his mind. His last two games were terrible.

Hoffenheim's performance was miserable, like Konami-miserable. Bayern have already won the league if everyone's knees are trembling even before even setting foot on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom