• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Arsenal not scoring at home? So weird. They're playing better away from home now.

Please, Wenger, drop Giroud for Walcott against the teams who are just going to park the bus for the whole game.

If you're saying Liverpool parked the bus for the whole game you'd be wrong. We definitely took a more defensive stance in the second half but you don't hit the woodwork twice from open play and park the bus.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Annoyed Arsenal didn't win that since it really should have ended 1-0. Oh well still played a lot better in the second half and a point is a point in the end.
Also Cech really impressed today.

Yep. That crappy offside call stings. But to be fair, Liverpool got unlucky hitting the post twice so I won't complain about at least getting a point.

Glad to see Cech play well though, after the awful debut.

Timbuktu

A point seems fair. Obviously should have taken one of those first half chances but I did not expect a clean from Liverpool either. Not sure if Lovren has turned a corner. A bit surprised we haven't seen Sakho, Ings or Origi yet, but it's still early days.

If that's the last game Lucas has for us, that's not a bad one.

Man City is already pulling away if the other big teams don't wake up soon.

Jarnet87

Giggs is not ready for anything except his brother's wife. No way i see him replacing LvG. United will win the league under LvG, its in his third year that he will get the Bayern treatment, but by then he would have set the foundation for the next managers to win trophies. This is how LvG works.

Even if van Gaal doesn't win the prem in year 3 he'll have left the club in better shape then Fergie did. It doesn't look like Rooney is gonna snap out of it anytime soon so I just hope that getting rid of him is van Gaal's last gift to the new manager. I don't think you can give the keys to Giggs after what happened with Moyes.

King_Moc

Banned
Looked solid and composed. Made some good interceptions and offered a bit more energy in midfield after Lucas went off knackered.

Composed is good considering the occasion. Really hoping to see him (and Ibe) break through this season. As a fan, it's always much more satisfying to see the youngsters break through, rather than the big money transfers.

Turok_TTZ

All of the Arsenal fans I know (and in general browsing comment sections) never actually believed he was coming.

Doubt Benz would be happy here anyway, not enough borderline young prostitutes for him here.

Mad are we? top lel.

meanwhile, I expected a clown win. good thing I did not bet money on Clown FC vs Liverpool FC.

raven777

If LvG doesn't produce I see us parting ways with him at the end of the season. That said, folks are really overacting after only 3 league games (2 wins and tie) and one UCL qualification game. The game against Newcastle wasn't that bad. We had plenty of chances to win the game. Bad luck and bad finishing cost us the game.

Personally, I am willing to give this Rooney experiment a few more games before deciding to play him at the 10. IMO, there is no link up play between the holding mids and the attacking players. If we intend to pass the ball into the net than we better start passing the ball around quicker. I wish LVG would switch to a traditional 4-3-3 and give Herrera some more playing time.

I mean...experimenting Rooney is ok but should have be done at pre-season. The transfer window is closing soon so if we don't sign now we will have to do with what we have until January which will be a disaster. If we don't challenge for the title (not win it, but at least challenge) we should part with LvG for sure. Ancelotti and Klopp is free now and Pep will be free at the end of the season, and they are all better choice than LvG.

And please...use Herrera. He was so good for us last season but Van Gaal refuses to use him again this season because of his new system and balance of the fucking team.

Jarnet87

I mean...experimenting Rooney is ok but should have be done at pre-season. The transfer window is closing soon so if we don't sign now we will have to do with what we have until January which will be a disaster. If we don't challenge for the title (not win it, but at least challenge) we should part with LvG for sure. Ancelotti and Klopp is free now and Pep will be free at the end of the season, and they are all better choice than LvG.

And please...use Herrera. He was so good for us last season but Van Gaal refuses to use him again this season because of his new system and balance of the fucking team.

Herrera will get playing time eventually. Carrick and Schweinsteiger are old fucks who will either get injured or wear down. Schneiderlin and Herrera is the future.

bjaelke

CNQlGEGWcAEH5cC.png

bjaelke

The Sky Sports' Sky Sources are on fire today.

BREAKING: Sky Sources: John Stones hands in transfer request at Everton. #SSNHQ

Welcome to Chelsea, John Stones. Please leave your gf/significant other at the door for JT

Assuming we sign him

Now can we please find a plan B to Pogba? Seeing as we're definitely not getting him. Oh and fucking sell Moses and Ramires or Mikel.

Kill3r7

I would play Rooney as 9 until the end of September in hopes that he kicks it into gear. If not, he should be moved to the 10 spot and we can have Hernandez/Januzaj/Wilson compete at the 9 spot until January. I don't think there is an available striker out there who would be worth the gamble.

I love Ancelloti and think he would be the best choice long term but be prepared to lose the league often. He is a great tournament coach but his teams almost always disappoint in league play.

Jarnet87

I would play Rooney as 9 until the end of September in hopes that he kicks it into gear. If not, he should be moved to the 10 spot and we can have Hernandez/Januzaj/Wilson compete at the 9 spot until January. I don't think there is an available striker out there who would be worth the gamble.

I love Ancelloti and think he would be the best choice long term but be prepared to lose the league often. He is a great tournament coach but his teams almost always disappoint in league play.

And it's not even like we have had anyone play well at the AM spot. Mata is the obvious choice for the role but van Gaal won't play him there for whatever reason. If not Mata then at least give it to Fellaigoat. Fellaini gives us that target man in the final third and Rooney can play off him.

Kill3r7

If I was Stones I'd want to get at least another full season under my belt before going to a team where I wouldn't start every game.

Do any athletes think like that anymore?

Everyone is after the money and fame. Bottom line is that he thinks he can shine at Chelsea and probably will but not for at least another season. In the meantime he will collect a fat paycheck and learn his trade on the bench.

It's a shame United hasn't been more proactive in signing him.

King_Moc

Banned
If I was Stones I'd want to get at least another full season under my belt before going to a team where I wouldn't start every game.

Definitely. He's still young. It'd be far better for his development to play every match this season, then replace Terry next year. Ah well, probably won't make too much difference in the long run.

Do any athletes think like that anymore?

Everyone is after the money and fame. Bottom line is that he thinks he can shine at Chelsea and probably will but not for at least another season. In the meantime he will collect a fat paycheck and learn his trade on the bench.

It's a shame United hasn't been more proactive in signing him.

Nope, certainly seems that way. If I was a professional footballer I'd rather be playing as much as I possibly could. We all think differently I guess.

Kill3r7

Stones and zouma would be a good team.

Pogba won't happen but if it does I'd imagine Ramires going the other way.

Juve were interested in Oscar earlier in the window (if the papers are to be believed). So I think he would be the likely choice to go. That said, I'm not sure as to where Pogba plays on this Chelsea team. If Pogba plays either Fabregas or Matic sits.

Juve were interested in Oscar earlier in the window (if the papers are to be believed). So I think he would be the likely choice to go. That said, I'm not sure as to where Pogba plays on this Chelsea team. If Pogba plays either Fabregas or Matic sits.

Haven't Barcelona already bid high for Pogba early in the summer and been rejected? Can't see why Juventus would reject Barca and then sell him to Chelsea at a lower price. Thought the indication was he wasn't for sale this summer but would be either in January or, most likely, next summer and that Barca were the ones most likely to get him.

If Bale does poorly this season, maybe he'll end up in Madrid and Bale will end up at United next summer. Then again, Perez does hate black people. PSG also might be shoe-ins. Either way, I can't see Pogba at Chelsea.

The government and a lot of social institutions not to mentions many of the United fans are going to be very very upset. No way such bullshit is happening.

It's just made-up crap.

norinrad

Herrera will get playing time eventually. Carrick and Schweinsteiger are old fucks who will either get injured or wear down. Schneiderlin and Herrera is the future.

Pretty much this, Herrera will get lots of games, the season is very long and United are going to need all their places, including burnout Shrek.

Jarnet87

or he moves Willian back to the wing and Pedro sits.

Jarnet87

Saw van Gaal's comments about Fellaini playing a striker, he's such an old rigid kunt lol. Just sees players as numbers/positions and where they slot in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom