• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

0-2 Astana - HJK (0-2 aggregate) after 40 minutes. We are about to secure Europa league and if things stay as they are, we would only have one more tie to reach CL.

Imagine that, a Finnish team in CL for the first time since 1998!

Edit : And right after I write this they score. 1-2 God dammit.

2-2 right after HT.

Kill3r7

If Rooney gets injured Man United are fucked.

If Chelsea are without Costa for an extended period they are fucked.

If City are without Aguero for too long they are fucked.

If Coquelin gets injured we are fucked.

The way I see it, all the top teams are just 1 injury in a particular area of the field away from being screwed. Could this be Liverpool's year?

Fair point. I think City are better equipped than the other 3 to deal with an injury to Aguero especially if they land de Bruyne.

Tubie

Wait, so Madrid played Tottenham and Bayern played Milan yesterday and they are playing each other today?

Madness.

I imagine we'll see both come out with their B team.

Lakitu

st5fu
1) Liverpool
2) Arsenal
3) Chelsea (Bonus: Jose Mourinho gets sacked at the end of the season and becomes manager of Trabzonspor)
4) Man City
---------------------
5) Spurs
6) Southampton
7) Swansea
8) Man Utd
---------------------
18) Aston Villa
19) Bournemouth
20) Watford

ICKE

Banned
3-3 from PK and Astana received a red card.

I cant.....I just can't. This match is too crazy and intense with all sorts of shenanigans going on.

90min Havenaar hits the crossbar, that was our chance to seal the match. Still 4 minutes added time. I need to take some painkillers with this booze.

94min 4-3...Had to be. FUCK MY LIFE AND FUCK FOOTBALL

Mista

Banned
1) Liverpool
2) Arsenal
3) Chelsea (Bonus: Jose Mourinho gets sacked at the end of the season and becomes manager of Trabzonspor)
4) Man City
---------------------
5) Spurs
6) Southampton
7) Swansea
8) Man Utd

Liverpool wont even make it to top 4..

Tubie

La Liga:

1. Barcelona (they will get new signings in January and that will carry them to the title)
2. Madrid (we're not winning shit this year under Rafa)
3. Valencia (already ended last season very strong and they haven't sold Otamendi yet)
4. Atletico (last season they ran out of gas near the end)
--
5. Sevilla (could challenge for both 4th or even 3rd)
6. Villareal
7. Ath. Bilbao
--
18. Getafe
19. Granada
20. Las Palmas

EPL:

1. Arsenal (that's right, save this post)
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Liverpool
--
5. Manchester City
6. Tottenham
7. Southampton
--
18. Bournemouth
19. Norwich City
20. Watford

Meier

Who else do City have up front apart from Aguero and Bony?

I know Jov and Dzeko have gone.

It's not just then surely, if so they must be looking at someone.

The plan is to utilize 1 striker primarily this season and City are going with our young striker Kelechi Iheanacho for 3rd/4th choice behind Aguero and Bony (Sterling will also provide cover at CF). Kelechi had a great preseason with the first team once again -- here's a highlight video of his from prior to this summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQAj7q4GMU. Incredibly talented.. can't wait to see him play official games. Would have gotten a look last year but took some time to get his work permit.

Scored an absolute beauty against United in the U21 derby last season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keisBGvwGfA

Meier

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
5. United
6. Liverpool
7. Stoke
8. Soton
9. Swansea
10. Everton
11. Palace
12. Newcastle
13. West Ham
14. Villa
15. Sunderland
16. Bournemouth
17. Norwich City
18. West Brom
19. Leicester
20. Watford

Swapped Stoke and Soton.

Meier

FIFA 16 changes

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/f...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

They've actually improved Career Mode.

Can't wait.

I really enjoy the career mode (in theory) because I love slowly but surely using the youth academy. The problem is that in my current game which is in 2025 or so, they simply no longer spawn them. My scouts who are all 5/5 can never, ever even find any players. Been like 2-3 seasons now and I've not added a single youth signing because I simply can't. Madness. Hopefully they fix that bug.

bjaelke

FIFA is all about clubs. Shame some of the old posters aren't around since they could attest to my sublime defensive capabilities.

TeddyBoy

1) Liverpool
2) Arsenal
4) Man City
---------------------
5) Spurs
6) Southampton
7) Swansea
8) Man Utd

Well at least someone's optimistic about Liverpool :p

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
5. United
6. Liverpool
7. Stoke
8. Soton
9. Swansea
10. Everton
11. Palace
12. Newcastle
13. West Ham
14. Villa
15. Sunderland
16. Bournemouth
17. Norwich City
18. West Brom
19. Leicester
20. Watford

Swapped Stoke and Soton.

How are Spurs going to go ahead of both Liverpool and United? They have barely strengthened this transfer window.

Meier

How are Spurs going to go ahead of both Liverpool and United? They have barely strengthened this transfer window.

Kane played a bit part early on last season, a full year under his belt and they'll win more games. If you look at their results from the first half of the season last year, they lost or drew games they really should have won.

They haven't lost anyone who would have actually helped them and will definitely sign at least another player or two before the window is over I'm sure. After United, their schedule is pretty easy through the end of the month so they'll be fine even if it takes a little while to get another player in. Dele Alli will be a nice addition and they've clearly improved their defense with Trippier and Alderweireld.

ICKE

Banned
Tuned in right after Halftime and I'm afraid that Astana's dominating.

Edit: They just scored with a lucky goal, 3-2. Ridiculous.

I'm telling you, being a huge football supporter in Finland is not good for your mental health. I don't know how to hold these losses.

Be it against Hungary in WC qualifiers just seconds before the final whistle, making a comeback against Czech Rep only to lose the game after missing an open goal (just moments before the game ended) and now this. And apparently crowd lasers were the reason why our goalkeeper made a mess of it in their 1-2 goal. There will be a protest but it is absolutely pointless. because UEFA never does anything about it.

And the 4-3 goal was an offside. This game is just fucking stupid.

It is the best thing there is though ;_; This was probably one of the most entertaining CL qualifier in recent years.

Jarnet87

Mentions of United putting in a 40 million pound bid for Kane and he is out of the squad today. Could be nothing more then giving him rest for Saturday.

Sloosha

Chelsea lineup against Fiorentina:

Asmir Begovic, Ola Aina, John Terry, Kurt Zouma, Juan Cuadrado, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Mikel, Victor Moses, Oscar, Bertrand Traore, Radamel Falcao

Cuadrado at fullback should be fun. Excited to see Ola Aina and Bertrand Traore play.

Gambit

1-0. Navas didn't really look good. Should've kept Casillas.

what did you think of the game? Wasn't too exciting, but Costa is really quite a good signing. Better than Vidal (in pre-season) so far.

Today I was also happy to finally see Hojbjerg have a good game again. Lewy needs to get his striking boots back, though.

El Topo

what did you think of the game? Wasn't too exciting, but Costa is really quite a good signing. Better than Vidal (in pre-season) so far.

Today I was also happy to finally see Hojbjerg have a good game again. Lewy needs to get his striking boots back, though.

Costa seemed really good, Hojbjerg had a good game. Overall I liked what I saw.

Meier

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man after the most depressing pre-season I remember seeing, finally some good news with us signing Mitroglou. Hopefully it's the Olympiakos version :p

The plan is to utilize 1 striker primarily this season and City are going with our young striker Kelechi Iheanacho for 3rd/4th choice behind Aguero and Bony (Sterling will also provide cover at CF). Kelechi had a great preseason with the first team once again -- here's a highlight video of his from prior to this summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnQAj7q4GMU. Incredibly talented.. can't wait to see him play official games. Would have gotten a look last year but took some time to get his work permit.

Scored an absolute beauty against United in the U21 derby last season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keisBGvwGfA

Wow that guy does look good.

FIFA is all about clubs. Shame some of the old posters aren't around since they could attest to my sublime defensive capabilities.

Yeah and no bloody info on clubs, I love playing as a DM.

Jack Wilshere looks to be injured again. Probably out for a few months.

This was always going to happen. Jack has glass ankles even though the rumour is Gabriel gave him a particularly meaty challenge in training.

Feel so sorry for the lad though, he's trapped inside injury purgatory :(

Any first manager to get the sack predictions?

The bookies have Brendan as the favourite to go first.

My money is Steve McClaren because the clown show at Newcastle is very unforgiving.

DBT85

Mentions of United putting in a 40 million pound bid for Kane and he is out of the squad today. Could be nothing more then giving him rest for Saturday.

He played 86 minutes the day before. He was never going to play the next day. Even if it was true, Levy wouldn't let him go for £40m, and he's got to prove that he can do it again for my money.

Though spurs won't return to London till This afternoon which is a bizarre way to prepare for An early kickoff on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom