• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
They all went to a new forum where they can say whatever the hell they want with no consequences. They won't come back and that's fine, this community will slowly grow again over time.

Yeah I am pretty new to the football threads so i was wondering why this is a slow moving thread most of the time

But CSKA and Sporting is interesting now as is Belgrade-Bate

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
football GAF has been through a number of restarts. It'll bounce back as the season goes on.

Not being able to go off topic limits the thread quite a bit when nothing is going on.

AcridMeat

Banned
The thread got NBA-GAF'd for 3 months and the old community never came back
Ah right. Man that NBA shit was such a clusterfuck. Sad because as a Warriors fan I was buzzing all year.
They all went to a new forum where they can say whatever the hell they want with no consequences. They won't come back and that's fine, this community will slowly grow again over time.
Fair enough, same as NBA. Hard for me to keep active across multiple forums though, so I typically don't. :/

Gambit

Leverkusen is through. Such an enormously talented team. Playing Bayern on Saturday.

we will see how Dante + CB2 (Alaba?) will play against them.

Just read that Thiago has extended his contract to 2019 according to Bild. If true that would be a surprise. I thought he'd follow Pep again. Oh no, maybe this means...no, please no. Is...Pep...staying?

80 million for De Bruyne is just obscene. The Premier League has long tipped the balance in European football that wasn't there to begin with.

Great game by Leverkusen. To bad they will never win anything big.

I don't know, I guess lot of people were shit talking in the Football thread late last year and then it got closed. Guess lot of people didn't come back in the new one, or they're scared to post again?
There's still quite a few around that just haven't bothered coming back in yet.

It's the second cull of Footy GAF and it will probably pick up towards the end of the season as things get more exciting.

Shame though because it was the most entertaining thread and ended up as a curation of the best chat on the rest of the forum. Films, TV, music, fashion etc.

Good result for us tonight, nice to see Herrera back, he's absolutely class and has a big impact on our attacking play.

Jarnet87

Easy win for United, nice to be back in the group stage. Brugge aren't a great team and they left a lot of open space, but a lot of teams don't park the bus in Europe I guess. We look good with lots of space, now lets find ways to start breaking down teams who park it, Herrera could be a piece of that puzzle. Adnan has looked useless in time at the 10, he's just not ready and it's not for him, at least not in this set up. Nice to see Wayne score, couple factors. He was in some solid positions to get a pass and run onto it rather then just having to go back to goal and turning into a defender. Part of this was the space Brugge gave us.

Chicharito is dead. Misses the penalty, then misses that sitter that 2-3 years ago he scores with foot, and if not with his foot some bodypart lol, but it definitely goes in. Swansea on Sunday, expect them to play attacking football so could be a open match.

raven777

Maybe...just maybe LvG will finally start playing Herrera again?

Play him as no.10. Carrick/Schweinsteiger(or Schneiderlin)+Herrera should be our midfield
I bet he will drop him to the bench in the next match.

I don't know, I guess lot of people were shit talking in the Football thread late last year and then it got closed. Guess lot of people didn't come back in the new one, or they're scared to post again?

We were a close community. When some of us got banned (prominent members too) we decided to take it elsewhere. It's not that we wanted a place with no consequence, but at least free to talk about things other than football when you know, during times when there's no matches.

Some of us still visit GAF because games but the Football community here isn't for us anymore, since we've got somewhere else to chat about it now.

Jarnet87

letting a sports thread go too off topic is bad, just look at the NFL thread, its a cesspool of filth and anime talk. It will eventually reach a point where its banned.

Lunar FC

Some of us still visit GAF because games but the Football community here isn't for us anymore, since we've got somewhere else to chat about it now.
No I get it. Slaent is the perfect place for a lot of you guys. But I just personally prefer to talk about football in the football thread and not boobs. The two separate communities will both be just fine on their own.

So, yesterday apparently Ramires, Oscar, Willian and... Zouma trained away from the main group.

The first 3 have linked with Juve, Zouma has been linked with a few loans, I would be mega pissed off if he went anywhere

Turok_TTZ

Im still here though.

Too bad nobody likes me here lel.
Worry not, i shall haunt you all in yer sleep and whisper in your ears:"shhh no tears, only benzema now"

Blablurn

Thiago extended his contract at Bayern

And I was sure he would leave us as soon as Pep goes.

Wait..

does this mean pep will stay?

nooooooooooooooooo

Blablurn

tumblr_ntpak8plrY1qboytzo1_540.gif

tumblr_ntpak8plrY1qboytzo4_540.gif

Tubie

Im still here though.

Too bad nobody likes me here lel.
Worry not, i shall haunt you all in yer sleep and whisper in your ears:"shhh no tears, only benzema now"

As a Madrid fan I really like that you love Benz, but you sometimes kinda go too far with your devotion to him, lol.

Benzema is honestly one of the best and most versatile strikers in the world. His main problem is that he often has streaks of becoming invisible and streaks of being incredible. He lacks consistency. His numbers are amazing as you linked a few posts ago, but he can really disappear for stretches of time. That often means he's either amazing or invisible for important games.

I'm not saying every time he plays badly is his fault tho, yea sometimes Madrid plays like shit and that affects him, but sometimes it really is him at fault (part of the reason the Spanish press calls him lazy, but I don't think its that at all, it's just a lack of focus at times).

He's not perfect, but trust me, he's loved in Madrid and by all Madrid fans around the world. He's probably our third most important player after (in order) Modric and Ramos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom