• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like West Ham have decided not to sign Song. Can't believe that decision.

So now we'll end up with no Song and no striker proven in the PL.

Wonderful.

I'd be surprised if Mourinho lets Willian or Zouma leave. Zouma will be needed this season more than ever as Matic and JT are looking shaky. Willian is a fan favourite who creates a lot and whose pace and determination can dig you out of a hole.

Tubie

So UEFA changed the way the CL leagues teams will be divided for the groups selection this season. Basically in the first set it's all the league winners (used to be a historical coefficient of the past 5 seasons results in Europe for that set).

So this season it looks like this:

jMdLvCZ.png

Imagine a group with Chelsea, Real, Roma and Wolfsburg.

Blablurn

So UEFA changed the way the CL leagues teams will be divided for the groups selection this season. Basically in the first set it's all the league winners (used to be a historical coefficient of the past 5 seasons for that set).

jMdLvCZ.png

shiiiiit

real in bombo 2? group of death incoming

Tubie

shiiiiit

real in bombo 2? group of death incoming

Madrid would've been #1 in Europe this season (coefficient wise) with the old rules after going 5 straight seasons to the semis.

Soooo, this will be very interesting lol. I welcome it, will probably make group stages a lot more fun.

Football can be so fucking degrading.

Why the hell do we even play against russian teams ? First leg a dude straight up plays basketball in his penalty area , 50.000 people in the stadium see it and nothing happens. Second leg we score a goal that gives us the win in the round and the motherfucker ,after it goes in ,discovers that the ball was outside when the corner was taken ? Get the fuck out of here. There's images showing when the corner is taken the ref goes to his left not saying anything. All this while Doumbia seemed to have scored a goal with his hand.

Fuck UEFA and all the powers that still control European football. We needed the money so much , yet the refs in both legs completely changed the entire outcome of the matches.

Last year it was schalke . This year cska. It has become pointless playing European football. And we have lost so much money because of it.

Im pissed. Annoyed. This was a straight up robbery and there's literally nothing we can do. I know most people give no fucks because all they want is the same circle jerk of barcelona/madrid/bayern/english teams , but european football needs such a big change. The whole thing is completely skewed.

Fuck football

Nyx

Im pissed. Annoyed. This was a straight up robbery and there's literally nothing we can do. I know most people give no fucks because all they want is the same circle jerk of barcelona/madrid/bayern/english teams , but european football needs such a big change. The whole thing is completely skewed.

Fuck football

I agree that if nothing is done, football will just blow up due to the ridiculous amounts of money going around in England.

Even the Spanish and German leagues won't be able to compete anymore, maybe except for the likes of Bayern/Barca/Real...

Nyx

I really think something like the 6+5 rule (a maximum of 5 foreign players in the starting line-up) would be a good start.

Then clubs like Chelsea won't have 30 foreign players loaned out elsewhere or sitting in the stands for a whole season, but those players would be starters at other smaller clubs.

It would also be good for the national teams as clubs would be forced to use players from their own country.

The UEFA always says that it isn't possible due to the laws that say employees should be able to work in other EU countries without problems, but couldn't the UEFA just make it a rule for the sport?

El Topo

The UEFA always says that it isn't possible due to the laws that say employees should be able to work in other EU countries without problems, but couldn't the UEFA just make it a rule for the sport?

I think a quota like that would certainly be problematic.

Jarnet87

Nobody honestly.

yeah this time last year we were still heavily linked with Blind, and I think Di Maria too. Pedro was the last player we were consistently linked to other then our disillusioned pursuit of Bale and Muller. Doesn't rule out we'll make a splash last second. There was a story in De Telegraaf that van Gaal is ready to spend 73 million pounds on a striker before the window closes. It doesn't mention any names so it could just be that the money is there to sign someone which isn't really new or revealing.

yeah this time last year we were still heavily linked with Blind, and I think Di Maria too. Pedro was the last player we were consistently linked to other then our disillusioned pursuit of Bale and Muller. Doesn't rule out we'll make a splash last second. There was a story in De Telegraaf that van Gaal is ready to spend 73 million pounds on a striker before the window closes. It doesn't mention any names so it could just be that the money is there to sign someone which isn't really new or revealing.

It's the lack of viable targets that is making me doubt the arrival of anyone else.

Turok_TTZ

As a Madrid fan I really like that you love Benz, but you sometimes kinda go too far with your devotion to him, lol.

Benzema is honestly one of the best and most versatile strikers in the world. His main problem is that he often has streaks of becoming invisible and streaks of being incredible. He lacks consistency. His numbers are amazing as you linked a few posts ago, but he can really disappear for stretches of time. That often means he's either amazing or invisible for important games.

I'm not saying every time he plays badly is his fault tho, yea sometimes Madrid plays like shit and that affects him, but sometimes it really is him at fault (part of the reason the Spanish press calls him lazy, but I don't think its that at all, it's just a lack of focus at times).

He's not perfect, but trust me, he's loved in Madrid and by all Madrid fans around the world. He's probably our third most important player after (in order) Modric and Ramos.
Only reason Benzema goes invisible is because he dont get ball when he asks for it. He is 3rd in attacking pecking order. Now, that's not to say benz dont have bad games. He plays badly for various reasons every now and then. But the number one cause tthat i find is that even if he makes the runs, he will simply get ignored by team in favor of cr7 or bale. Just the way our team is setup.

Benzema stats are understatement for this very reason. How many cfs you know have to deal with such bs? He should get 7+ chances a game and currently he will be lucky to get one chance let alone 2 or 3 chamces to take a shot at goal.

Cappa

Banned
As a Madrid fan I really like that you love Benz, but you sometimes kinda go too far with your devotion to him, lol.

Benzema is honestly one of the best and most versatile strikers in the world. His main problem is that he often has streaks of becoming invisible and streaks of being incredible. He lacks consistency. His numbers are amazing as you linked a few posts ago, but he can really disappear for stretches of time. That often means he's either amazing or invisible for important games.

I'm not saying every time he plays badly is his fault tho, yea sometimes Madrid plays like shit and that affects him, but sometimes it really is him at fault (part of the reason the Spanish press calls him lazy, but I don't think its that at all, it's just a lack of focus at times).

He's not perfect, but trust me, he's loved in Madrid and by all Madrid fans around the world. He's probably our third most important player after (in order) Modric and Ramos.
benzema hasn't been called "lazy" in years. Has been killing it ever since mourinho was at the helm. Clutch for the National team

Cappa

Banned
Even the Spanish and German leagues won't be able to compete anymore, maybe except for the likes of Bayern/Barca/Real...
That's what they said 10 years ago. Last I checked in la liga alone you have Sevilla Valencia atletico Villarreal athletic etc holding their own vs Madrid Barça and the rest of Europe

Wish Arsenal would get a tough Champs league draw that would spook Wenger into some transfer activity.

Ahh but who am I kidding, the man is a tight fisted serial cash hoarder.

Portugeezer

Praying for Porto.

So UEFA changed the way the CL leagues teams will be divided for the groups selection this season. Basically in the first set it's all the league winners (used to be a historical coefficient of the past 5 seasons results in Europe for that set).

jMdLvCZ.png

Borussia M. would be a harder team than a Wolfsburg without De Bruyne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom