• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

can someone make a floating Pep head from this pic?

1675599-35510556-2560-1440.jpg

sprinkles

CNe_ZDJVAAEhDb9.jpg

We actually made a signing!

Can't say I've seen much of him, anyone else seen much of him? Is he the winger we have been craving for?
Not worth the money even with inflated PL prices.
He had more bad than good games last year and this season he was losing his starting role to a younger Brandt. Has a good finish though.

raven777

CNe_ZDJVAAEhDb9.jpg

We actually made a signing!

Can't say I've seen much of him, anyone else seen much of him? Is he the winger we have been craving for?

He is amazing signing. Fantastic talent and already proven in German league..

I am not saying this because he is my fellow countryman.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Roma is not very good, Neverkusen are Neverkusen, and the trip to Bate is not insurmountable. Barça are going to do what they always do and win the group losing only one game.

Lyng

Coming from the guy who supports "Ony pass to Ronaldo"

Pls. Dont quote me again.

Honestly I loved the way Bayern played under Jupp Heynckes. Under Pep you play the same dull shit as Barcelona used to under him.
Its really boring.
That says more about Pep then the team though.

Don't think it was mentioned but it gave me a chuckle yesterday.

During the Arsenal ladies match the lineswoman went off due to hamstring cramp. Due to their being no back ups, the tannoy system was calling out for anyone with refereeing experience to step in.

Only Michael Oliver, the young premier league ref, was in the crowd, got down and did became the linesman.

Best bit was that the reason he was there was to see his wife ref the game lol.

Cappa

Banned
Coming from the guy who supports "Ony pass to Ronaldo"

Pls. Dont quote me again.
I didn't make a ridiculously condescending comment in regards to someone else's team. Bayern play in a league where they are the only competition. If there is a team remotely challenging them their answer is to buy all their players. If you consider that fun to watch well good for you!

How is Wimmer doing? Haven't heard much of him since he left us.

He hasn't featured in the league yet. Vertonghen and Alderweireld seem to be first choice. I imagine Wimmer will start the cup and Europa games.

Bit of a tough draw for us in terms of travelling for Qarabag. Should be topping that group though but I would like to see some of our younger players given a chance.

Blablurn

I didn't make a ridiculously condescending comment in regards to someone else's team. Bayern play in a league where they are the only competition. If there is a team remotely challenging them their answer is to buy all their players. If you consider that fun to watch well good for you!

its just bants here! i love u cappa!

Tubie

And I honestly don't think Bayern plays the same way Pep's Barca played. He's adapted his style to accommodate the team he has, and the way football has evolved since then.

Pep's Barca was boring as hell, same with the Spanish NT in 2010, but I wouldn't call Bayern boring at all.

Bayern can be a lot of fun to watch.

One good thing about de Bruyne going to City over Bayern I guess.

It was so transparent with Gotze, they blatantly didn't need him and only bought him to cripple Dortmund.

Jarnet87

And I honestly don't think Bayern plays the same way Pep's Barca played. He's adapted his style to accommodate the team he has, and the way football has evolved since then.

Pep's Barca was boring as hell, same with the Spanish NT in 2010, but I wouldn't call Bayern boring at all.

Bayern can be a lot of fun to watch.

Pep's Bayern is a lot of fun to watch.

In the Champions league semis.

Jarnet87

I saw Bayern let Weiser go, I thought he was a young talent that Guardiola liked? Also what happened to Guadino, he's back with the 2nd team?

El Topo

I saw Bayern let Weiser go, I thought he was a young talent that Guardiola liked? Also what happened to Guadino, he's back with the 2nd team?

Multiple players were pushed back to the second team so they can actually play, Weiser was let go. I think he joined Hertha BSC.

All very unfortunate in my opinion.

Jarnet87

After a very boring week of no transfer talk it looks like the silly season may end with a bang. Talks of Cilessen and a new number 9 to United surfacing today.

VLiberty

Gonna be tough for Sainté to beat Lazio and Dnipro but I'm hoping anyway.

Last uear Dnipro shouldn't have even got to the knockout stages. Were it intentional or not, they were massively helped during the competition. This year they're even worse than last year so technically they should go out quite easily. Unless another Qarabag-Inter or Napoli-Dnipro happens.

Tubie

You give almost all of your TV money to 2 teams, who then outcompete the rest of Europe with it. The Premier League overall is much stronger.

The two teams that generate overwhelmingly the most interest from overseas fans get a larger share, oh no! (They don't get "all the money" just a larger share).

It's been this way since forever and yet still mid table Spanish teams dominate Europa League, so I don't get this argument at all.

All the new TV deal in England will do is over inflate the price British players. It won't increase the quality of the league over the Spanish or German league at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom