• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Amazing if true. Hope he hits like Costa. Pep is getting all his wishes with Thiago, Benatia, Kimmich, Costa, Vidal and Kingsley. This squad on paper is already phenomenal and if Dante leaves to Wolfsburg we might pull the clause for Laporte. Pep just made the transition for this team in less than 60 days. I hope he stays here a couple of years longer and Klopp silently joins City or Wolfsburg.

Laporte would be nice

but 50m???

maaaaan.

why not

do it rummenigge

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Who's place with KDB take?

City should win the title easily this year

Theo and Ox start vs Toon. Very optimistic.

Lashley

Money well spent Toon

Wk9QZKd.png

Theo proving himself to be the finisher we all know him to be.

I love the guy, but commentators and pundits who go on about his finishing prowess or champion him getting more games up front over Giroud seem like they don't actually watch anything but his highlights. For some reason, the goals he does score are usually confident and tidy finishes, so he looks fantastic if that's all you see, but he misses about a dozen simple ones for every one of those.

Arsenal fans should be ashamed of their players making a meal of the slightest touch. Coquelin being the main offender, Mitrovic should 'not' have been sent off, yellow at most as it was not malicious and the ref was just trying to balance out not giving a pen. Useless.

Arsenal fans should be ashamed of their players making a meal of the slightest touch. Coquelin being the main offender, Mitrovic should 'not' have been sent off, yellow at most as it was not malicious and the ref was just trying to balance out not giving a pen. Useless.

Yellow "at most"? As in you feel less than a yellow would have been appropriate?

Yellow "at most"? As in you feel less than a yellow would have been appropriate?

Should have still been yellow as it was badly timed, but no way a red card. If the Arsenal payers weren't acting like little kids maybe the ref would have thought twice.

That said the ref has got everything else spot on though, the challenge by Mbemba was the most deserving of the yellow as it was 100% intended as a foul.

EmiPrime

This is what delusion looks like.

Lashley

lol what

he stamped on his leg ffs

GeeTeeCee

Funny, most commentators across the net are saying it was never a red card offence. I guess Arsenal players/fans really don't like a physical match after all.

The ref is protecting the hell out of them.

King_Moc

Banned

He was staring right at his leg when he did it. He knew exactly what he was doing. It's a 100% straight red.

Arsenal: The only team in the league whose players don't appreciate having their shins stood on by an opposing player after winning the ball. Shameful, really.

Really? It's all well and good for them to complain to the ref afterwards but do they really need the dramatics and acting like they have been hurt more than they have?

Not sure what to say to some of the other comments above, everyone is entitled to their view of course so if you want football to become a non contact spot then you're right.

End of the day if it wasn't Mitrovic who did that it was a yellow card.

Also BT Sport need to get less biased commentators towards one team, awful commentary.

King_Moc

Banned
Really? It's all well and good for them to complain to the ref afterwards but do they really need the dramatics and acting like they have been hurt more than they have?

Not sure what to say to some of the other comments above, everyone is entitled to their view of course so if you want football to become a non contact spot then you're right.

Also BT Sport need to get less biased commentators towards one team, awful commentary.

You're acting like it was a shoulder barge. He stamped on his leg.

Lashley

what?

They've commentated on the game, it's not their fault we've dominated. They've even said Newcastle could score with the rare attacks they get, which is true.

Oh, and he stamped on his leg whilst the ball was nowhere near. Mitrovic is a dirty cunt, he was sent off for being a dirty cunt.

https://streamable.com/xjq8

Yeah, look at how all the Arsenal players disgracefully continue rushing after the ball and backing away from the scene of the foul in an obvious attempt to get Mitrovic sent off.

If you think Coquelin's reaction to that sort of contact is a complete embellishment, I don't know what to tell you. I admit I've not personally had someone trod on my shin with their cleats, but I imagine it hurts whether it was 'malicious' or not.

One of the guys is okay on BT Sport but one other guy is clearly rooting for Arsenal, you can hear it in the comments he makes. Not being very objective.

Anyway if you say it is a stamp and was a red then as I said fair enough, a lot of people seem to be split on their opinions over it from what I have been reading and most agree if the player wasn't Mitrovic he wouldn't have walked.

@Bubble Coquelin was the tackle from Thauvin that wasn't that bad and he made a meal of it?

"Is that a yellow card?" Carzola doing the exact same foul that Anita had done 5 minutes before, which Savage agreed was a yellow card haha. He's got that TalkSport gift of knowing what to say to get people to react.

EmiPrime

"Is that a yellow card?" Carzola doing the exact same foul that Anita had done 5 minutes before, which Savage agreed was a yellow card haha. He's got that TalkSport gift of knowing what to say to get people to react.

It was Cazorla's first foul while Anita had done a few already. Cazorla should not have been booked.

GHG

If there was ever a game to prove we need a new striker, this is it.

Even Welbeck would look better than the dross we are having to put up with upfront at the moment.

Lashley

3 points is 3 points, I'll take it. Would've liked more goals but at least we've won. Krul was fantastic.

haha yeah Brilliant against that 0 forward Newcastle are playing ;)

They've still troubled our back four even with the red card. Might say more about us than them, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom