• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupercal

Banned
40m for Draxler and people are saying KdB's fee is inflated? Oh please, city spent 40m £ on Mangala ffs. If anything KdB's fee is a steal.

Let's seeeee what our starting formation has to offer

--------------------------------- Neuer

Lahm ------------Boateng --------Benatia ---------- Alaba

------------------Vidal------------------Thiago

Robben ----------------------Müller-------------------Costa

------------------------------- Lewandowski

2)

------------------------------------- Ulreich

Rafinha ---------------- Martinez ---------- Badstuber ---------- Bernat

------------------------------ Alonso ----------- Rode

Coman -------------------------------Götze----------------------------Ribery (?)

--------------------------------------------------- (?)

->

We have a solid first team. But it's gonna be dangerous if we have injuries again. Plus we have no replacement striker for Lewa.

R U kidding me? Even your second team would win against most of the league with ease.

Leg-End

LVG has gone all Billy Beane and is just getting rid of players whilst everyone goes "what!?"

I don't think there is any trick up his sleeve, he's just gone mental.

So on the back of one of our lowest scoring seasons in 25 years we bring in Depay..... and let Januzaj(?), Falcao, Van Persie, Nani, Hernandez and Di Maria go.
The fuck!?

You've got Fellaini!

Nah seriously at least he is buying another striker, though over £30m for a teenager is a risk, particularly one not tried and tested in the PL. Strikers can be iffy.

raven777

I still think 36m pound is way too much for unproven talent. He probably has great potential so for long run it could be good but still way too expensive. Is he going to do well this season? Score over 20 league goals? Not happening.

I have no hope this season. I just want us to finish top 4 again and part with Van Gaal at the end of the season.

norinrad

It won't be easy getting rid off Rooney though. He's like that guy in the office who has been there for 20 years and still programs in FORTRAN, makes loads of money and will cost the company even more to get rid of him. f**king a

Leg-End

.@nicolas_vilas, who works for France Football and Eurosport, saying Martial to #MUFC deal could apparently reach €75m with bonuses.

75 million for a guy that scored 11 goals last season. Big potential or not that is a colossal amount to drop on a maybe.

Looks like the current trend to be that the transfer fee itself is only half of the total expenditure. Agents, wages and add ons are getting insane. I really can't believe Martial will total over 70m Euros. He must be signing a six year deal.

Empty

ah back to the woodward cycle, thought with darmain, depay, schneirdelin tied up early we were out of it but back to old habits

spend large part of summer unsuccessfully targeting player who just wants contract and re-assurances at current club -> leak that we could spend 100+m on a real/barca/bayern star forward because we're so rich even though we won't -> refuse to spend a little bit more on player in key, vital position and miss that player -> bad results near end of window mean panic buying whoever is left at vast expense

it's utterly embarrassing the difference in class between the clear strategies of city and our mess. even when they get it wrong like with mangala and fernando last year at least they have a clear plan to build their squad around a manager's style. we have no clear plan on the pitch or off. it's just shit, we're barely moving forwards despite having time and resources to do so. we are liverpool now.

raven777

I don't see it as a panic buy, United need a mix of young and old, this could be a potentially good buy for United's future.

I am not saying buying young player is problem. But paying that much money for unproven talent is fucking stupid. When you pay this much money for teenager, he should have proven his talent already. He is more expensive than Hazard, and he proved his worth in Ligue1 before he came to Chelsea. No matter how good talent you are, you could always flop. Remember Anderson was a golden boy and was regarded as next Ronalndinho and United bought him expensive? What happened to him now?

With this price Martial would have to perform in the level of Ronaldo, Henry, Suarez for next decade or so. Can he really do that?

The important thing for Man Utd is to finish top 4 again. Given the shocking standard of competition, they can kind of afford to take a risk like this.

Still silly money though

norinrad

Meanwhile, what is Arsenal up to? Wenger hiding under his bed or something?

I know Brenda spends his days at the dentist getting shiny teeth, but what about Wenger?

raven777

To be clear, I am happy to see young talents like Martial coming to United. My problem is the timing of the transfer and the ridiculous price.

norinrad

I am not saying buying young player is problem. But paying that much money for unproven talent is fucking stupid. When you pay this much money for teenager, he should have proven his talent already. He is more expensive than Hazard, and he proved his worth in Ligue1 before he came to Chelsea. No matter how good talent you are, you could always flop. Remember Anderson was a golden boy and was regarded as next Ronalndinho and United bought him expensive? What happened to him now?

With this price Martial would have to perform in the level of Ronaldo, Henry, Suarez for next decade or so. Can he really do that?

United is paying for the potential and he's only 19, Muller at some point was 19 too when he came under LvG, see what happened there, LvGs qualities are with young players, he knows how to mold them into great players as opposed to the 28 year olds who are closing on on their pensions. I mentioned above Ruud Gullit rating Martial highly a week ago after watching the Valencia vs Monaco game on Dutch TV, maybe Gullit knew something?

West Ham are only in for a loan I believe. If he wants a permanent move I reckon he'll end up at Spurs.

Would love to see him back at Palace, and I can see our owners paying quite a lot for him, given he's an palace youth product. Not sure where he would play though, with Zaha, Bolasie, Sako and Puncheon already competing for the winger positions.

raven777

United is paying for the potential and he's only 19, Muller at some point was 19 too when he came under LvG, see what happened there, LvGs qualities are with young players, he knows how to mold them into great players as opposed to the 28 year olds who are closing on on their pensions. I mentioned above Ruud Gullit rating Martial highly a week ago after watching the Valencia vs Monaco game on Dutch TV, maybe Gullit knew something?

Van Gaal had some good jobs with youngsters, but that doesn't mean every kid he touches will turn to gold, especially consider Van Gaal is not who he used to be now.

I remember Wenger was known for finding amazing kids and turning them to amazing players, like Cesc. But he had many failures these days. Some people said Theo Walcott was going to be amazing talent, look what happened? Wilshere was suppose to be next big England talent, look what happened?

With young players you never know what will happen, unless you were crazy good from very young age like Messi. The price we are paying for him is way too high and a risk.

norinrad

Van Gaal had some good jobs with youngsters, but that doesn't mean every kid he touches will turn to gold, especially consider Van Gaal is not who he used to be now.

I remember Wenger was known for finding amazing kids and turning them to amazing players, like Cesc. But he had many failures these days. Some people said Theo Walcott was going to be amazing talent, look what happened? Wilshere was suppose to be next big England talent, look what happened?

With young players you never know what will happen, unless you were crazy good from very young age like Messi. The price we are paying for him is way too high and a risk.

Yes the price is too high, but lets see again around this time in December or earlier next year and we would know whether he was worth it or not, currently its all just noise from those not involved in this deal.

Two more good players and United would be all set and hopefully keep fat f**k on the bench and watch him moan.

elseanio

Wont he have a new manager by the time he's 21 though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom