• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Wont he have a new manager by the time he's 21 though?

I doubt LvG is going anywhere, letting LvG go would only degrade United to Liverpool like status. How many managers have they had in the last 8 years?

I sort of remember United paying 30 million POUNDS for a an 18 year old Shrek, i would say that worked out pretty damn well, even though he seems to have now faded.

raven777

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 3m3 minutes ago
United have now formally agreed a £36m fee with Monaco for Martial #MUFC - no word on whether Monaco get a player on loan too

I doubt LvG is going anywhere, letting LvG go would only degrade United to Liverpool like status. How many managers have they had in the last 8 years?

I sort of remember United paying 30 million POUNDS for a an 18 year old Shrek, i would say that worked out pretty damn well, even though he seems to have now faded.

Van Gaal is retiring. No two ways about it. The end of next year he is gone. He has said as much.

If the kid turns out to be good, he'll end up at Madrid. Everyone knows that.

raven777

Fabrizio Romano @FabrizioRomano
Manchester United is organizing medicals for Martial. Last details to finalize. Fantastic striker!

Cappa

Banned
Van Gaal had some good jobs with youngsters, but that doesn't mean every kid he touches will turn to gold, especially consider Van Gaal is not who he used to be now.

I remember Wenger was known for finding amazing kids and turning them to amazing players, like Cesc. But he had many failures these days. Some people said Theo Walcott was going to be amazing talent, look what happened? Wilshere was suppose to be next big England talent, look what happened?

With young players you never know what will happen, unless you were crazy good from very young age like Messi. The price we are paying for him is way too high and a risk.
will be better than Henry when it's all said and done. Best player that moved so far in this transfer window. What a steal for United.

Makareu

If the 30-50m pounds figure is real, that's crazy. This is the kind of amount that should buy you world class player (or an english one), not potential.
I have a hard time to see how it will end given that the EPL money has yet to hit its ceiling.

Lyng

If the 30-50m pounds figure is real, that's crazy. This is the kind of amount that should buy you world class player (or an english one), not potential.
I have a hard time to see how it will end given that the EPL money has yet to hit its ceiling.

The best deals United has done in the past has not been established world class players.
Just look at class of 92, Ronaldo, Schmeichel, Vidic etc etc

And then compare to actual world class we have signed: Barthez, Veron, Di Maria, Falcao.

We need to get back to the old United way.
Darmian, Shaw, Depay and Martial are a great step in that direction.

Makareu

The best deals United has done in the past has not been established world class players.
Just look at class of 92, Ronaldo, Schmeichel, Vidic etc etc

And then compare to actual world class we have signed: Barthez, Veron, Di Maria, Falcao.

We need to get back to the old United way.
Darmian, Shaw, Depay and Martial are a great step in that direction.

Oh I agree that part of the MU legacy is to develop players rather than relying on established ones. But Vidic cost you 7m£, Ronaldo 12m£.
Obviously it is a different time, but just look at Draxler who is more proven and just went for 25m£.

Jarnet87

Marca claims that Madrid have agreed a fee for De Gea. No specifics on the amount yet. Guess United need cash for Martial, etc?

De Gea money will probably pay for Cilessen if we do sell him, but we don't need their cash. I haven't thought for a second that we would keep him but time is ticking against Madrid to get the deal done today.

Jarnet87

conflicting reports coming out that it's more then 50, could be as high as 80 million Euros for Martial. Di Maria money. Why not just buy Griezmann for that lol.

Blablurn

Die Abgänge des @FCBayern haben ein Durchschnittsalter von 30,4.

Die Zugänge des @FCBayern haben ein Durchschnittsalter von 23,6.

Dat Sammer

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
conflicting reports coming out that it's more then 50, could be as high as 80 million Euros for Martial. Di Maria money. Why not just buy Griezmann for that lol.

oh my god I hope that's true

Man City signings look reasonable compared to this panic buying.

"Are you sure you don't want to buy my kit? It's a great holiday present. We also have bobblehead figurines over there."

"Cool I'll take 12"

q3cF7pT.png

Can't we just sell De Gea to someone else who actually wants to pay us a reasonable price?

Screw what the player wants if I had my way he would of been at Juve by now.

Jarnet87

When Monaco said we want 80 mil for Martial Woody and van Gaal told them to Fek off. Then they put on the tape of Rooney at Swansea and called back asking if we could send them a check.

Schweinsteiger's fee ended up being only 6m. I bet most of these crazy reported prices are being inflated by bonuses and wages. 36m is still pretty high though.

If Spanish Dave stays, I'd prefer him as the captain. Smalling as a captain would be a huge joke. I really have no one in mind though. Perhaps Mata?

Huh? Him and Carrick are already vice-captains as it stands. Whatever the official story, Basti will likely be the general on the pitch, so long as he can stay fit.

Tubie

Can't we just sell De Gea to someone else who actually wants to pay us a reasonable price?

Screw what the player wants if I had my way he would of been at Juve by now.

You can't force him to go somewhere he doesn't want to go.

And who is gonna pay more than 30m euros for a guy who only has a year left in his contract? Nobody else wants him that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom