• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope West Ham make their announcements today. I wanna watch Chelsea go nuts tomorrow - either by doing nothing or going batshit with the cash.

On paper their team is brilliant. Just playing so shit.

At this rate we'll beat them at Stanford bridge along our way to our 18 point season. We'll beat the 'top six' away from home and that is it. DEATH OR GLORY.

Hope West Ham make their announcements today. I wanna watch Chelsea go nuts tomorrow - either by doing nothing or going batshit with the cash.

On paper their team is brilliant. Just playing so shit.

At this rate we'll beat them at Stanford bridge along our way to our 18 point season. We'll beat the 'top six' away from home and that is it. DEATH OR GLORY.

We won't be splashing any cash so go for A. We're doing a medical for that Nantes guy, thats about it.

Oh and Moses is going

PV9CXPI.png

We won't be splashing any cash so go for A. We're doing a medical for that Nantes guy, thats about it.

Oh and Moses is going

Gonna be interesting to see what Mou does then. Apparently he only has 4 first teamers available to train with during the International break. Can't even do defensive drills.

norinrad

LvG seems to be clearing the closet at ManU, my only problem is Rooney, when are they going to include him with the morning garbage?

VLiberty

That Coman fella, heard he still sleeps in Juve pyjamas.

He probably (hopefully) won't get much play time.

Also lol @ 36m for crappy ass Draxler...

Juvebros are ripping Marmitta apart because he wasn't able to sign it

Chalobah has gone to Napoli on loan, the manager has no idea who he is supposedly and was signed by the owner or something.

Given we're signing a 27 year old centre back from Nantes for £2.7m~ I doubt Zouma is going anywhere, would be a suicidal decision he'll end up our number 1 centre back before xmas

From what I know about Sarri and his opinions about the role of the manager and the talents that end up buried in the minor championships, I don't think he necessarily meant to say that as a bad thing.

JardeL

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m1 minute ago
Navas accepts. De Gea deal done!! €40m all-in. £29m. Manchester United happy - near record for player with 1 year left

norinrad

Navas accepts. De Gea deal done!! €40m all-in. £29m. Manchester United happy - near record for player with 1 year left

One could say united handled this situation pretty good. All the best to Dave.

Man U makes out like a bandit on the De Gea deal. Florentino is the worst president ever. The only thing that saves him is the obscene amount of money he has at his disposal.

Kill3r7

Man U makes out like a bandit on the De Gea deal. Florentino is the worst president ever. The only thing that saves him is the obscene amount of money he has at his disposal.

The irony of it all is that most United fans, at least on CAF, and English media think this is an awful deal for United.

Fdkn

Watch Navas winning that worthless best BPL GK trophy this year

LvG is lmaoing himself right now

smh Florentino

Tubie

Marca is saying Madrid is paying only 30m euros for De Gea and United is paying back 12-15 for Navas, but that the Navas deal is not yet done.

So United is getting about 15m + Navas, if the deal goes through.

I thought he just signed Martial and possibly Reus would a united player by tomorrow?

I'll believe it when I see it. I am a bit skeptical about Martial, but I really don't know much about him other than what I have read in the last 24 hours on transfer headlines.

Edit: The Martial signing seems to be further along now than when I checked earlier today. Well, at least that is something positive for our attack. Now if only Rooney would get injured and do us all a favor.

Stubo

I really don't know how to feel about all of this.

If there's no option to buy Adnan then I guess that's ok?

I really wanted to keep pea, even just as a bench option. He's getting a rough deal almost to the extent Berbatov did, granted he didn't score the most goals in the league last season.

£36m sounds absolutely insane for an unproven striker, but given that Hernandez has gone we're going to need to bring someone in even more than before.

Like everyone else I'd much prefer DDG to stay, but he's been certain to leave all summer...if these rumours are true I think that's about the best deal that could be hoped for.

The end of this window has been crazy, hopefully there's still one final surprise in it for us.

Why is everybody hating the Januzaj deal? I'm sure he'll get his play time in Dortmund. I care about good football and winning, not so much about tradition. If Großkreutz and Kuba want to move on, so be it.

Also 35m for Draxler is clearly too much, but Wolfsburg is swimming in money right now, so they just didn't give a fuck.

Bumhead

Banned
£7m seems a lot for Antonio to West Ham. The blokes an absolute unit and rapid. Not a lot of stopping him when he's "on one" and running at players. Not sure that's enough for the Prem though. Think he will get found out.

We signed Barry Bannan off Palace today. 15th signing of the summer. And if the papers are to be believed we've got £10m burning a hole in our pockets for a striker. Rumours all pointing to Jordan Rhodes or Vydra. Could be an interesting day.

norinrad

De Gea's sale means Man Utd will have brought in about £100M for him, Di Maria, Van Persie, Nani, Evans, Hernandez & Rafael.
— Richard Jolly (@RichJolly) August 31, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom