• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill3r7

this is the best. the best. what an absolute farce.

Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

Lunar FC

Good lord, it seems I've missed quite the day of transfer business.

edit: Pool selling Borini and signing some guy I've never heard of. Nice.

Jarnet87

Bizarre stuff. Appears Madrid were the ones who didn't get the paperwork in on time, despite the spanish press trying to put them blame on United. Even if it was Madrid screwed up waiting this long. Despite the public stance that we wouldn't sell de gea we clearly were willing to if Madrid stepped up the offer. Had they decided to put together this package at the beginning of the summer both teams would have had new keepers.

MPW

so the deal was 29m plus navas for de gea or 19m plus navas for de gea?

if it was 29m plus navas, madrid should just move on and not appeal

Turok_TTZ

No interest in De Gea, Keylor is more than enough.

Having said that, Nice to know we will sign him on a free now. Thanks Woodward!

Großkreutz in Istanbul:
https://youtu.be/nvSW5yvbVMA
So weird. It'd be sort of funny if Galatasaray ended up in Europa League and he threw us out of the competition.
Same goes for Kuba in Fiorentina.
Btw. he said Schlolke desperately wanted to sign him, but he decided against it and went on loan in order to not offend our fans.
What a real human bean & a real hero :'(

norinrad

Poor Dave, it seems Madrid didn't want him that much, way to screw up during what could have been the best years of your career over a shallow woman who would take half once you are 30+ and no longer important. 200k a week for a keeper was fantastic indeed

Cappa

Banned
Unfortunately it looks like the deal is going through.
Lol according to your sources?

Documents received at LFP at 00:28. So basically no way this is happening. Similar happened with levante and west ham with Bryan Ruiz and Ruiz never ended up playing with levante

norinrad

According to BBC news, Madrid will now go to FIFA to try and push the deal through. Clowns, waited until the last minute thinking they could bully united into the corner. Last I checked united is financially healthy and not on the Spanish government and the bank of Santander paying list.

Uzzy

Lol according to your sources?

Documents received at LFP at 00:28. So basically no way this is happening. Similar happened with levante and west ham with Bryan Ruiz and Ruiz never ended up playing with levante

Normally I'd agree. But this is Real Madrid we're talking about. It wouldn't surprise me at all if rules were bent to accommodate them.

Absolute buffoonery.

Really hope Adebayor stays the fuck away from West Ham.

Moses, and Antonio and shut up shop.

Watched a few videos of Antonio on Youtube, looks great. Fantastic in the air, built like a brick shit house, rapid, can strike a belter with both feet. Get that deal done!

Glenn Murray is leaving Crystal Palace. :((

Bournemouth are paying silly money for him, £5m, but still. :((

Rumours about Palace moving for Charlie Austin now.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
A bit late here, but I'm happy that De Gea transfer failed. I really like Navas and I think the money difference was not worthy.

Everyone likes something for free.

Hopefully De Gea realises how scummy that club is and opts to join a more respectable club in January or free in the summer I'm past giving a shit now.

Cappa

Banned
What an absolute farce.

If I were Dave, I'd be pissed at Madrid for not sorting this alot sooner.
Lol the blame is not on Madrid what? Van gaal said and made good on his promise he wouldn't agree to sell de gea until the last minute of the transfer. Did Madrid fuck up on sending the documentation late yes, but receiving paperwork from united a minute before the window closes is a bit ridiculous.

The only one to blame here is van gaal or do you also think the way hes been handling the valdes situation is fine too?

Cappa

Banned
Lol this de Gea thing is hilarious. Get fucked Madrid.
As a real Madrid fan we couldn't be happier and we will get De gea on a free. How is Madrid getting fucked in this situation? Lol the losers in this deal are

De gea
Navas
And united getting a transfer fee

norinrad

Lol the blame is not on Madrid what? Van gaal said and made good on his promise he wouldn't agree to sell de gea until the last minute of the transfer. Did Madrid fuck up on sending the documentation late yes, but receiving paperwork from united a minute before the window closes is a bit ridiculous.

The only one to blame here is van gaal or do you also think the way hes been handling the valdes situation is fine too?

How is it LvGs fault? Madrid had the chance to cough up the money all summer and did not do a damn thing, thinking they could bully united. In the end Dave's career is a huge mess and I would have preferred the current goalie coming to United instead. Dave can rot in the stands, his agent and girlfriend are to be blamed for all of this.

Hopefully Reus comes through today :p

You guys are crazy, this is real madrid and manchester united we are talking about.
They will let the deal go through some how don't worry...

RiggyRob

Madrid really fucked up if they're trying to appeal to FIFA about the De Gea deal.

As it stands, unless Reus comes to United for ~£50m I wouldn't expect any other transfers.

MPW

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 34 mins34 minutes ago
El País say LFP will not register De Gea. "Rules are for everyone", "FIFA has no jurisdiction"

de gea stays at man utd for another season!

madrid saves $$$ and can get him for free next summer

norinrad

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe 34 mins34 minutes ago
El País say LFP will not register De Gea. "Rules are for everyone", "FIFA has no jurisdiction"

de gea stays at man utd for another season!

madrid saves $$$ and can get him for free next summer

He will be in the stands or at home, there goes his career. Dave should get Madrid out of his head, they clearly do not value him that much.

bjaelke

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Very unlikely #AFC will make any signings today. Explored options but nothing was close & almost certainly no ins or outs now #DeadlineDay

3oEdv0EAiO8L4MAWoE.gif

norinrad

Wow.

How long until Welbeck is back?

What exactly is he going to do? I would probably ship him to a French club and get a better striker. Wenger is done if he doesn't sign a better finisher today. Giroud cannot shoot into an empty goal. Theo is overrated and Ox hardly gets to play when he's actually way better than those three useless players I just mentioned.

Cappa

Banned
How is it LvGs fault? Madrid had the chance to cough up the money all summer and did not do a damn thing, thinking they could bully united. In the end Dave's career is a huge mess and I would have preferred the current goalie coming to United instead. Dave can rot in the stands, his agent and girlfriend are to be blamed for all of this.

Hopefully Reus comes through today :p

Cough up a record fee for someone who would be free the next season? It would break all records for money spent on a player who was ending contract

As for why was it lvgs fault? He basically said he was going to do what he did. Negotiate at the very last minute.

Now United are left with a disgruntled keeper and a keeper in Romero who is absolutely atrocious. We'll see if lvg changes his way once Romero bombs which he eventually will.

Apparently the Antonio to West Ham deal has broken down. Very annoyed by that. Really feel he'd be great for the side and give us a lot of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom