• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Oh wow De Gea not being considered for selection.

image.php

Jarnet87

I know nothing about Club Brugge but there were tougher teams to draw. Scares me a bit the first leg is at old trafford and Brugge will be the sharper team having started their league already and played in the third round UCL qualifier.

De Gea not being selected means we've got to move his ass out as soon as possible and bring in whoever van Gaal sees as his first choice.

Rooting for the underdogs Astana and Skenderbeu. Both countries would be represented a very first time in the group stage should either of them make it that far.

Also, ManU could play with their C-team and still destroy Brugge.

Kill3r7

I know nothing about Club Brugge but there were tougher teams to draw. Scares me a bit the first leg is at old trafford and Brugge will be the sharper team having started their league already and played in the third round UCL qualifier.

De Gea not being selected means we've got to move his ass out as soon as possible and bring in whoever van Gaal sees as his first choice.

We need De Gea to decide what he wants. IIRC Lloris is still injured so he wouldn't pass a medical and Cillessen isn't exactly the sort of keeper we should be clamoring for.

Jarnet87

We need De Gea to decide what he wants. IIRC Lloris is still injured so he wouldn't pass a medical and Cillessen isn't exactly the sort of keeper we should be clamoring for.

he wants out, but i could see trying one last push at a big deal.

Why did we buy Romero?
Where is Lindegaard?
I get Johnstone played in pre-season but him getting the nod is odd.
We have five goalkeepers, let's start the season with the most inexperienced one!

Meier

Why did we buy Romero?
Where is Lindegaard?
I get Johnstone played in pre-season but him getting the nod is odd.
We have five goalkeepers, let's start the season with the most inexperienced one!
Lindegaard has apparently been told he can leave on a free transfer.. probably can't make nearly as much money elsewhere though and he's got an absolutely beautiful wife. I can imagine neither of them want to take a step back from the glamour and money that is Manchester United.

Apparently they don't count anymore.

Opposition fans to Arsenal fans

"You've gone 9 years with no major trophy"

Wins 2 FA cups

"Ok win the league"

(Potentially) Win league

"Ok win Champs League"

Win Champs League
in year 2030 :p

But win club world cup

It never ends haha

Lindegaard has apparently been told he can leave on a free transfer.. probably can't make nearly as much money elsewhere though and he's got an absolutely beautiful wife. I can imagine neither of them want to take a step back from the glamour and money that is Manchester United.

Lindegaard said he'd leave this window.

Well shit, I didn't know that.
That's something that's irked me about LVG a little.
When he arrived he said 'everybody will get a chance before I make any decisions' and yet Zaha, Nani, Welbeck, Rafael, Lindegaard now and a few others weren't given a chance or a single start.

I'm sure he sees a lot in training and Giggs fills him in a lot but the amount of players gone seems pretty drastic...

and yeah Lindegaard's wife >>>

Kill3r7

Well shit, I didn't know that.
That's something that's irked me about LVG a little.
When he arrived he said 'everybody will get a chance before I make any decisions' and yet Zaha, Nani, Welbeck, Rafael, Lindegaard now and a few others weren't given a chance or a single start.

I'm sure he sees a lot in training and Giggs fills him in a lot but the amount of players gone seems pretty drastic...

and yeah Lindegaard's wife >>>

LVG gave everyone a shot to impress him. The fact that Fellani, Young and Tony managed to salvage their United careers is proof of this. If you work hard and do what he says you get to stick around.

Lindegaard is awful but his wife is smokin'. Personally I would prefer he give Johnstone a chance but it looks like Romero will get the nod tomorrow.

Jarnet87

LVG gave everyone a shot to impress him. The fact that Fellani, Young and Tony managed to salvage their United careers is proof of this. If you work hard and do what he says you get to stick around.

Lindegaard is awful but his wife is smokin'. Personally I would prefer he give Johnstone a chance but it looks like Romero will get the nod tomorrow.

i thought he gave most players a shot, and he cleared a lot of dead weight that didnt deserve one, like Ando, Cleverly, etc.

Moyes should have done the same, let everyone coast.

yagal

OLYMPIQUE DE MARSEILLE fan checking in!
paris paris on t'encule

I am pleased to be part of the Gaf Football community.

OLYMPIQUE DE MARSEILLE fan checking in!
paris paris on t'encule

I am pleased to be part of the Gaf Football community.
Welcome!

Pretty happy that we drew Brugge out of some possibly tougher competition. We could still blow this but I'm more confident than if we drew some of the others.

I'm off the first match day of the CL so IF we make it through and IF we are at home and IF I can get two tickets I'll be going lol

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Yay, no more shitty national team play, third rate leagues, nor friendlies! Finally, real proper football is back!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
PSG down to 10 men, Rabiot got himself two yellows. The match just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

Meier

Schneiderlin was such a good signing, bit jealous of that. Without de Gea, I think United are very beatable...especially if they use this Johnstone kid.

Tubie

I don't understand what United is trying to do with De Gea. Bully him into being happy that he gets to stay another year?

If you're not selling him then might as well play him while you have him, he's way better than Romero or Johnstone.

Kill3r7

I don't understand what United is trying to do with De Gea. Bully him into being happy that he gets to stay another year?

If you're not selling him then might as well play him while you have him, he's way better than Romero or Johnstone.

The truth of the matter is that De Gea is worth more to United than whatever Real is going to pay for him. Neither club is short on funds. Plus, it's not like finding a replacement for De Gea will be cheap. I'm sure Lloris or Cillessen will cost a pretty penny. LVG said his head is not it. So, I can understand not playing De Gea. Also, if De Gea wants out he should request a transfer.

Turok_TTZ

Real Madrid do not need De Gea. The only reason we're after him is only because he is spain's #1.

I am content with Navas and Casilla... But Flo is flo.

Everything is rather quiet in Real Madrid. I could get used to these quiet summers.

El Topo

Real Madrid do not need De Gea. The only reason we're after him is only because he is spain's #1.

I am content with Navas and Casilla... But Flo is flo.

Everything is rather quiet in Real Madrid. I could get used to these quiet summers.

Navas didn't exactly look good at the (unimportant) match against Bayern.

I mean De Gea didn't look all that good in the PSG match either. Navas should be okay GK wise. Madrid have far bigger problems than their GK, like how the creativity and pace of the team comes to a grinding halt whenever Modric is injured.

Turok_TTZ

Preseason brah, don't take shit from preseason.

We had a great preseason under Carlo Ancelotti a year or so back and we started the season on a loss. Preseason is a time for fitness and testing tactics, not results.

besides, we're currently under the incompetent hands of Rafa Benitez. a 1-0 loss considering he's in charge is an accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom