• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Cough up a record fee for someone who would be free the next season? It would break all records for money spent on a player who was ending contract

As for why was it lvgs fault? He basically said he was going to do what he did. Negotiate at the very last minute.

Now United are left with a disgruntled keeper and a keeper in Romero who is absolutely atrocious. We'll see if lvg changes his way once Romero bombs which he eventually will.

Again if Real wanted Him that badly, the deal would have been done weeks ago, but they obviously thought they would get their man either way. He can still go in January and Navas who obviously wants to play for LvG go the other way. Cut Ed and LvG some slack, they handled this situation very well, it was real that fucked up.

Cough up a record fee for someone who would be free the next season? It would break all records for money spent on a player who was ending contract

As for why was it lvgs fault? He basically said he was going to do what he did. Negotiate at the very last minute.

Now United are left with a disgruntled keeper and a keeper in Romero who is absolutely atrocious. We'll see if lvg changes his way once Romero bombs which he eventually will.

If they weren't willing to cough up and wanted to just wait until he was free, why did they even bother with the last minute bid? They hadn't done anything all summer. United can't sell a player if the other team don't make a bid.

bjaelke

Champions League ‏@ChampionsLeague 7m7 minutes ago
Confirmation that @D_DeGea will 100% remain a @ManUtd player #UCL #DeadlineDay

So he could potentially play against us next weekend.

Edit: Looks like an intern was fired. Tweet deleted.

Cappa

Banned
Again if Real wanted Him that badly, the deal would have been done weeks ago, but they obviously thought they would get their man either way. He can still go in January and Navas who obviously wants to play for LvG go the other way. Cut Ed and LvG some slack, they handled this situation very well, it was real that fucked up.
Navas did not want to leave Madrid where do you people get this information. One of the reasons why the deal was being held up is because navas did not want to leave. Navas only gave the ok hours before the deadline ended.

LvG is shit and he wears out his welcome pretty quickly. Ask Barcelona fans about that.

Does this have a negative affect on Madrid? Sure in terms of view in the media and etc but this is the best thing to happen to Madrid for financial and competitive reasons

Jarnet87

Champions League ‏@ChampionsLeague 7m7 minutes ago
Confirmation that @D_DeGea will 100% remain a @ManUtd player #UCL #DeadlineDay

So he could potentially play against us next weekend.

we may as well get him back in the squad. Needs to have a sit down with van Gaal.

So fucked. I can't see De Gea seeing Madrid as the bad guys, so we are going to have an all star keeper who gives two fucks about United and leaks goals, or an untested keeper leaking goals. Great job LvG! You really showed them.

So it's Navas's fault then. Don't see how LvG can be blamed for that.

Edit: Champions Leaague twitter just deleted their 'De Gea staying at United' tweet. Hmm.

Gandalf

Lol the blame is not on Madrid what? Van gaal said and made good on his promise he wouldn't agree to sell de gea until the last minute of the transfer. Did Madrid fuck up on sending the documentation late yes, but receiving paperwork from united a minute before the window closes is a bit ridiculous.

The only one to blame here is van gaal or do you also think the way hes been handling the valdes situation is fine too?

Source for the first part? I never read anywhere that Van Gaal said that. Not calling you a lier. I just haven't heard that myself.

If Madrid would of paid the asking price sooner this would of been sorted sooner no? Only offer I heard about was €30m? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

It is ridiculous. But if Sky Sports News is to be believed Madrid didn't send any documents. None. So yes, Madrid fucked up. We did the paperwork in time according to reports.

I think Madrid are equally to blame. They should've either stumped up the cash (or cash + player) sooner, or just made it clear that they wanted him on a free next year.
Now we have a player who clearly doesn't want to be here, and Madrid now have to deal with a player who they wanted to get rid of aswell. Not easy. Be a test of character for both. It's an ugly situation all round.

norinrad

So fucked. I can't see De Gea seeing Madrid as the bad guys, so we are going to have an all star keeper who gives two fucks about United and leaks goals, or an untested keeper leaking goals. Great job LvG! You really showed them.

Again LvG is not at fault here, Madrid fucked up. United is stuck with a keeper who only listens to his girlfriend and Madrid is stuck with a keeper they'd rather get rid off. If they really wanted Dave they'd have paid the asking price sooner except they thought they could bully United who I might add have a healthy financial situation in the corner and it backfired right into their ugly faces.

bjaelke

John Bennett ‏@JohnBennettBBC
#RealMadrid statement - "Real Madrid received the full documentation at 00:02 and tries to access the TMS but it was already closed."

#RealMadrid statement - "In short, the Real Madrid has done everything necessary, and at all times, to implement these two transfers."

Let the blame game start.

Again LvG is not at fault here, Madrid fucked up. United is stuck with a keeper who only listens to his girlfriend and Madrid is stuck with a keeper they'd rather get rid off. If they really wanted Dave they'd have paid the asking price sooner except they thought they could bully United who I might add have a healthy financial situation in the corner and it backfired right into their ugly faces.

Both sides fucked up by waiting until the last minute and then failing to get the deal done. United has a keeper that hasn't even been on the bench but they wouldn't negotiate his transfer until the last day possible. How can they not take responsibility for that? This deal is hugely embarrassing for both orgs.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
They waited all summer. It's Real's fault.

But I don't think De Gea will see it that way and will now spend 4 months on the bench being bitter.

But I don't think De Gea will see it that way and will now spend 4 months on the bench being bitter.

United spent all summer with a #1 keeper that didn't want to be there and could leave for free in six months. They also failed to bring in a decent backup for him. Is this a weekend side that doesn't need to plan for things like who is going to protect their goal?

El Topo

Neither side looks good. This is something that should never happen to a properly managed club, let alone those of such status.

In Europe’s top 5 leagues, only one club haven’t signed an outfield player this summer.

Arsenal.

Well done Wenger, Gazidis and co, cracking job on building up for a title challenge.
Nothing like setting off on our season from a pool of stagnating water.

Haha fuck off De Gea you greedy cunt. Enjoy being a bench warmer for a year.

You laugh, but Romero will cost you points all season.

Tubie

He can still go in January and Navas who obviously wants to play for LvG go the other way.

What the hell are you talking about? lol

Navas is one of the main reasons the deal failed. He held up the deal all day until just a few hours before the deadline, then Madrid and United spent those next few hours haggling over Navas's price.

He did not want to leave Madrid, he had spent all week saying he was not gonna go and that he didn't want to play for United. He agreed to the move in the end because he was devastated by the way Florentino was treating him and United offered to double his salary.

In the end I'm very happy for Navas, he did not get easily bullied by Florentino. I hope he uses this as motivation and rubs good performances in Florentinos face all year long.

norinrad

What the hell are you talking about? lol

Navas is one of the main reasons the deal failed. He held up the deal all day until just a few hours before the deadline, then Madrid and United spent those next few hours haggling over Navas's price.

He did not want to leave Madrid, he had spent all week saying he was not gonna go and that he didn't want to play for United. He agreed to the move in the end because he was devastated by the way Florentino was treating him and United offered to double his salary.

In the end I'm very happy for Navas, he did not get easily bullied by Florentino. I hope he uses this as motivation and rubs good performances in Florentinos face all year long.

This is from the Guardian football page

"It is also understood that Keylor Navas, the Real goalkeeper who was to arrive at Old Trafford as part of the agreement for De Gea, is unhappy at the Spanish club. He had let this be known to United and that he was keen to sign for Van Gaal."

Navas did not want to leave Madrid where do you people get this information. One of the reasons why the deal was being held up is because navas did not want to leave. Navas only gave the ok hours before the deadline ended.

LvG is shit and he wears out his welcome pretty quickly. Ask Barcelona fans about that

I heard it was six hours to complete a 10 minute process, but whatever he's staying for now so fuck it.

But yeah LVG this past month or so has already started to piss me off plus the way he acts in pressers... he's just a twat.

Tubie

This is from the Guardian football page

"It is also understood that Keylor Navas, the Real goalkeeper who was to arrive at Old Trafford as part of the agreement for De Gea, is unhappy at the Spanish club. He had let this be known to United and that he was keen to sign for Van Gaal."

Oh of course he's unhappy now after what happened lol. I understood what you said like Navas wanting to play for LvG before this whole fiasco happened.

At the end of the day we are the stupid ones we had an agreement to sell DG to Real but Madrid kept on driving the price down.

But seriously, who couldn't see that happening?

They may be scumbags but they are not stupid scumbags, we played a dangerous game and they won.

We couldn't even bring in a quality replacement, we are the biggest losers here.

Lyng

Oh of course he's unhappy now after what happened lol. I understood what you said like Navas wanting to play for LvG before this whole fiasco happened.

He must feel like shit right now. Not only does his club want to get rid of him to sign someone else, but after they cock it up they blame him.
Perez is a downright tosser.
I think Madrid would be better of with a different president.

Cappa

Banned
I heard it was six hours to complete a 10 minute process, but whatever he's staying for now so fuck it.

But yeah LVG this past month or so has already started to piss me off plus the way he acts in pressers... he's just a twat.
here's official presser from RM

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT | 01/09/2015
Following yesterday's events in relation to the intended signing of the player David de Gea, Real Madrid wishes to state:

1.- Manchester United did not agree to open any negotiations over the federative rights of David de Gea until yesterday morning.

2.- Real Madrid, despite the difficulties entailed in carrying out a deal of these characteristics on the final day of registration, agreed to initiate these talks.

3.- When Manchester United agreed to negotiate yesterday morning, they made it subject to reaching an agreement with Real Madrid's Keylor Navas for the player to join the British club from this season, and stated that it was in contact with the aforementioned player's representatives.

4.- Real Madrid and Manchester United quickly reached an agreement for the transfers of both players. Following the drawing up of the relevant contractual documentation required, and with the purpose of proceeding with enough time to process both FIFA's Transfer Matching System (TMS) and the registration with the Liga de Fútbol Profesional, Real Madrid sent Manchester United the contracts at 13.39 Spanish time.

5.- Manchester United sent their remarks regarding the aforementioned contracts eight hours later, at 21.43 Spanish time, including minor modifications. As these modifications were not significant, they were all accepted immediately by Real Madrid, with the intention being able to register the player on time both via TMS and with the Liga de Fútbol Profesional.

6.- Real Madrid, having obtained the signatures of the players De Gea and Keylor Navas, sent the British club the aforementioned signed contracts at 23:32 Spanish time, before waiting to receive the final documents signed by Manchester United.

7.- Manchester United reached a final agreement with the representatives of Keylor Navas at 23:53 Spanish time, and it is at this point that the contracts were sent to the player to be signed.

8.- Manchester United entered the details of the David de Gea deal, not those of Keylor Navas, at 00:00 Spanish time, simultaneously sending Real Madrid the signed transfer contracts. Real Madrid received this complete documentation at 00:02 and attempted to access TMS, but it was now closed.

9.- At 00:26 Spanish time, FIFA's TMS invited Real Madrid to fill out the details of the player David de Gea, as the period of registration in England remains open until today. Real Madrid, in view of the possible eventuality of an administrative dispute over the player's transfer, decided to send the contracts to the Liga de Fútbol Profesional, despite the knowledge that the deadline had passed.

10.- In short, Real Madrid did everything necessary at all times to complete both transfers.

norinrad

He'd probably sign it if he wants to save his career and also play at the Euros. Smart move if he does and time to ditch the girlfriend for a proper lady who would not mess with his head. F**k that greedy agent too

United did not open negotiations? LoL, if I wanted to sell my house and the buyer decided to show up a few hours before my vacation I'd probably tell him to come back after my vacation. Haha

yagal

lol imagine

image.php

Palace need to go in for Austin.

I'd be surprised if he ends up moving. £30m all in for a guy who had one decent PL season has made more than one club baulk.

Even West Ham said 'nothankyou.gif' and we have a habit of spending huge sums of money on flash in the pan, injury prone or shit strikers.

I'd be surprised if he ends up moving. £30m all in for a guy who had one decent PL season has made more than one club baulk.

Even West Ham said 'nothankyou.gif' and we have a habit of spending huge sums of money on flash in the pan, injury prone or shit strikers.

Yeah I saw that 30m figure it's just crazy totally rules out most teams he suits.

Ha! I love talksport they think it's odd that nobody has snapped up Austin lol!

----

I can't believe Wilson is likely to go out on loan it's just crazy he's not even been mentioned for us this season. What is LVG doing? I thought he rated him? I'm all for player development but I also like squad depth.

GHG

Has Wenger confirmed 4th place and us recalling Sanogo from his loan yet?

#LikeANewSigning
#LikeATrophy

They wanted £15m cash I thought? Highest offer they got was £12m a while back, not sure it was cash either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom