• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuros

I believe WB wanted 25mil. So Spuds came up with some ridiculous add on deal where they would pay 25m if they won the league, champions league and cup with Berahino scoring 30 goals each season. To which Jeremy Peace promptly told Levy to fuck off.

Fair play to the Baggies I hope they let the little shitbag rot.

Jarnet87

Would like to see Rooney drop to 10 as more of a playmaker, and leave the pace upfront.

The only play Wayne can make is a sideways pass to the wing, but it makes senses to play him there. We need Martial to develop as a striker so why even bother playing him out wide. We loaned Adnan, van Gaal hates Herrera, and thinks Fellaini should be thrown on when we need hoof ball.

Louis van Gaal: "We need to give him (Martial) time to adjust to his new environment and the rhythm of the Premier League." #mulive

LMAO then you should have also signed players that can have instant impact?

If we don't challenge for the league this season then bye Van Gaal. Another season with top 4 finish is not acceptable.

Pretty sure LVG is out after this year regardless (but definitely will be a much easier decision if ManUtd doesn't win the EPL nor reaches at least the Semis in the CL). If Klopp's available next year, bet your ass that ManUtd will try to get him.

Disappointed by the Martial transaction. He went for £10m less than Di Maria! AS Monaco truly are the Kings of the ROI (Return on Investment)

Kuros

Pretty sure LVG is out after this year regardless (but definitely will be a much easier decision if ManUtd doesn't win the EPL nor reaches at least the Semis in the CL). If Klopp's available next year, bet your ass that ManUtd will try to get him.

Disappointed by the Martial transaction. He went for £10m less than Di Maria! AS Monaco truly are the Kings of the ROI (Return on Investment)

If Rogers doesn't last until Xmas I can see Liverpool after Klopp. Anchelotti would be a good choice for Man U IMO.

If Rogers doesn't last until Xmas I can see Liverpool after Klopp. Anchelotti would be a good choice for Man U IMO.

Don't think Liverpool is much of a draw, especially if the United or Arsenal jobs are available (either of which could be likely).

If Klopp hits the market for next year, I'm sure Utd will throw all DAT Adidas and Chevy money at him...

Liverpool, it pains me to say, are probably seen as a lateral move by guys like Klopp.

But who knows. The way this shit works I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp has already agreed to join a club and is just waiting for the current manager to be fired.

TeddyBoy

Rodgers will get until the end of this season unless we're 20th at Christmas or some other doomsday scenario. We looked at everyone around him and replaced his entire staff with people he wants and we're sticking with him in the aim of him getting us Champions League football.

Rodgers will be sacked if he fails to do that.

AcridMeat

Banned
Klopp to Arsenal please. It's my dream, then bring Reus over.
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

Meier

Ballon D'or add on :lol :lol :lol

If this is r.e. Martial, that post was made up by a Red Cafe poster. It wasn't reported by RMC at all. Monaco think Martial will earn them up to 90% of the add-ons at a minimum.

If this is r.e. Berahino, I would absolutely believe that Levy would try and throw that in there.

norinrad

Rodgers won't be taking Liverpool to Europe, the sooner they show him the door the better it is for the whole club and its fans. I really hate his post match interviews.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
feel bad for Berahino

not because he has to stay at WBA but because if you go to twitter he's using a watermarked getty image of himself.

c'mon

Meier

Was reported live on Sky Sports. There is an add on if he wins it.

Well, I'm honestly not entirely shocked if that is the case, but if it is, it's not 1/3rd of the add-on like the Red Cafe poster claimed. Here is what was said elsewhere regarding the €30m in add-ons:

"These include € 5 million each time Martial is the top scorer in the Premier League, to a maximum of € 15 million. Another € 5 million will be due if Martial wins Golden Boy. The final € 10m will be paid if Martial won the Balon D'or career in Manchester."

The types of add-ons are realistic and may or may not be accurate, but the figures are made up. As I said, Monaco apparently expect they'll get €27m of the €30m with relative ease.

Offical Man United statement on De Gea:

• Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club’s preference was not to sell. • No offer was received for David until yesterday.

• At lunchtime yesterday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

• In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

• Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 2042 BST. David’s documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 2232 BST.

• At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk. • Only at 2255 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David’s contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

• At this point Navas’ documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

• At 2258 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline.

• It is our understanding that the deals couldn’t happen because:

- Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

- Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline • The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The Club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route.

Jarnet87

Well, I'm honestly not entirely shocked if that is the case, but if it is, it's not 1/3rd of the add-on like the Red Cafe poster claimed. Here is what was said elsewhere regarding the €30m in add-ons:

"These include € 5 million each time Martial is the top scorer in the Premier League, to a maximum of € 15 million. Another € 5 million will be due if Martial wins Golden Boy. The final € 10m will be paid if Martial won the Balon D'or career in Manchester."

The types of add-ons are realistic and may or may not be accurate, but the figures are made up. As I said, Monaco apparently expect they'll get €27m of the €30m with relative ease.

Ancelotti is a quality manager but I think United will want a younger manager like Klopp or Pep, someone who could have a longer spell at the club. United will happily pay those addons if he can hit those marks.

I believe WB wanted 25mil. So Spuds came up with some ridiculous add on deal where they would pay 25m if they won the league, champions league and cup with Berahino scoring 30 goals each season. To which Jeremy Peace promptly told Levy to fuck off.

Levy is more fun on transfer deadline day then old 'Arry Redknapp used to be.

At least Spurs still have Adebayor to rely on.
FcxTZpk.png

Humidex

Van Dijk - bit of a pricey purchase, but I hope he's as good as some have suggested!

And farewell Mayuka, you didn't set St Mary's alight, but you didn't headbutt a teammate in training!

Kill3r7

Ancelotti is a quality manager but I think United will want a younger manager like Klopp or Pep, someone who could have a longer spell at the club. United will happily pay those addons if he can hit those marks.

I think you are selling Ancelotti short. He has another good 8-10 years left in him. I don't see Pep staying anywhere more than a handful of years. He seems to be the sort of individual who is always looking for a new challenge. Klopp on the other hand seems like the sort of manager who could stick around for a couple of decades. Giggs probably would too.

Jarnet87

I think you are selling Ancelotti short. He has another good 8-10 years left in him. I don't see Pep staying anywhere more than a handful of years. He seems to be the sort of individual who is always looking for a new challenge. Klopp on the other hand seems like the sort of manager who could stick around for a couple of decades. Giggs probably would too.

Guess I'm focusing on his post Milan career. 2 years at Chelsea, 2 years at PSG, 2 years at Madrid. Granted working with Perez and Abramovich must be a god dam nightmare. He'll be 57 next year so yeah he could have a long spell at a club. it would be interesting to see what he would do at United as we give our managers basically full control.

Cappa

Banned
Perfect final knock out puch to Perez. If De Gea has even the slightest common sense he will see what kind of a bellend Perez is.

So Manchester United are telling the truth and Real Madrid are lieing?

We will never know the truth but I find these types of statements idiotic... it's pretty clear both clubs screwed this one up big time.

Empty

that real didn't want to sign de gea this year at that price but wanted to make it look like they made the best efforts to do so is a very plausible conspiracy theory.

perez proved that he could get his man (i.e convince united to give in despite not wanting to) and will ultimately get his man next year. but 30 million for a keeper with one year left who is guaranteed to sign for you is terrible, terrible business. he knows the fans don't really care at the moment, they like navas, and de gea isn't enough of a galatico globally to be worth going over their heads like with james for di maria. yet admitting defeat on their big summer transfer saga would be embarrassing for real's brand (or at least perez's brand), so he tries to escape on a technicality while blaming a club with a growing reputation for incompetence on transfers. even if some people see through it the details are way too complicated and he-said she-said for it to be truly exposed.

Turok_TTZ

that real didn't want to sign de gea this year at that price but wanted to make it look like they made the best efforts to do so is a very plausible conspiracy theory.

perez proved that he could get his man (i.e convince united to give in despite not wanting to) and will ultimately get his man next year. but 30 million for a keeper with one year left who is guaranteed to sign for you is terrible, terrible business. he knows the fans don't really care at the moment, they like navas, and de gea isn't enough of a galatico globally to be worth going over their heads like with james for di maria. yet admitting defeat on their big summer transfer saga would be embarrassing for real's brand (or at least perez's brand), so he tries to escape on a technicality while blaming a club with a growing reputation for incompetence on transfers. even if some people see through it the details are way too complicated and he-said she-said for it to be truly exposed.

Ding ding ding! You've a good head on yer shoulders.

Had Casilla and Keylor showed shit in preseason, De Gea would have been signed before august. We are very satisfied with Keylor and Casilla.

De Gea is a luxury, not a need. I personally want to try out both Keylor and Casilla before we go sign some keeper who is only being considered due to his current NT Status.

that and 10m is much better than 30m.

Portugeezer

After many players on loan left and some big sales, I am happy with the players we brought in. I think the two Mexican's signed on the last day just about made it a good transfer season.

Note: Casemiro loan made Porto an extra €7.5 million for Madrid to take him back before the end of the loan.

portoueo9r.gif

Portugeezer

Isn't that what Porto has to deal with every year?

This year was pretty bad with 6 starting players sold/loans ended.

We normally buy a few cheaper players and work them up; this year we broke the Portuguese transfer record, but also managed to get some experienced players for free.

Lyng

So Manchester United are telling the truth and Real Madrid are lieing?

We will never know the truth but I find these types of statements idiotic... it's pretty clear both clubs screwed this one up big time.

We have offeret timestamped documents. Real never appealled etc etc etc. Nah man RM did all the screwing up in this case.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

actually seems to be a lot more simple (yet more stupid) than this according to Talksport this morning

Spurs were offering a MASSIVE 5m up front and wanted to pay the rest over -FIVE YEARS- and also wanted to tie it to preformance.

WBA wanted more cash up front and quicker so they could go buy a replacement.

Basically, Levy has a reputation of driving a hard bargain and WBA did not want to fold - so no one wins and now Bera is in a hole following his tweets. :/

WBA did the right thing - 5m up front? Christ.

Where the fuck has Derby fucking County got all this money from? It seems they've spent an absolute fortune in this transfer window. I reckon the wages for Tom Ince and Darren Bent alone is more than what most other Championship sides are paying for their whole squad.

Madness. There can't be anyway to justify it, surely?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Damn, I missed out on all the transfer window shenanigans and I don't have TPP yet. What a time not to be bone.

Haha, fucking Lawrenson, even when writing a piece about Liverpool needing to bounce back he can't help but have a dig;

"West Ham are going to finish down towards the bottom of the league, they’re not a particularly good team."

Good enough to beat your shitbags 3-0, though. Caaaaahnt.

Haha, fucking Lawrenson, even when writing a piece about Liverpool needing to bounce back he can't help but have a dig;

"West Ham are going to finish down towards the bottom of the league, they’re not a particularly good team."

Good enough to beat your shitbags 3-0, though. Caaaaahnt.

I'd say they're a decent team, just wildly inconsistent. They were laughable against Bournemouth defensively but solid against us and Arsenal.

I'd say they're a decent team, just wildly inconsistent. They were laughable against Bournemouth defensively but solid against us and Arsenal.

I'm hoping the poor performances against Bournemouth and Leicester were mostly due to teething problems, what with a bunch of new players fitting into the squad and a new manager setting up the team in a way that's vastly different to how Allardyce did things. I wouldn't rule out a relegation scrap as a possibility (we've been "too good to go down" multiple times in the past, only to then get relegated), but I think mid-tables a safe bet for West Ham this season.

We have offeret timestamped documents. Real never appealled etc etc etc. Nah man RM did all the screwing up in this case.

They can wait 4 months and get him for free and not sacrifice another player they can also sell on for money.
I would hardly call that screwing up, that's clever business. It's man u who will lose out when his contract is up in January.

Lyng

They can wait 4 months and get him for free and not sacrifice another player they can also sell on for money.
I would hardly call that screwing up, that's clever business. It's man u who will lose out when his contract is up in January.

Hardly. He needs gametime in order to play for the spanish team. No gametime at United and he is out of the nr 1 spot at the national team.
This "clever" move actually gives De Gea every incentive to resign for United with a buyout clause and force RM to pay alot more for him.
You have to be daft to think RM did a genious move here.

Yeah surely Utd will offer a new deal (with buy-out/RM provision) and refuse to play him until he signs.
He can't afford to rot all season with the Euros coming up and the Euros will only bring about more buyers if Madrid reconsider.
Utd have the advantage here.

Yeah surely Utd will offer a new deal (with buy-out/RM provision) and refuse to play him until he signs.
He can't afford to rot all season with the Euros coming up and the Euros will only bring about more buyers if Madrid reconsider.
Utd have the advantage here.

That would make sense if United had a competent back up but Romero's going to bleed goals. Sit De Gea and you won't get in the Champion's League next year.

Jarnet87

I'd play De Gea even if he doesn't sign a contract. he's miles better then any other GK we have. Put him in and work on getting a replacement in January or next summer. If he wants to leave at the end of year whatever, he helps us secure a top 4 place. if he wants to change mind and resign all the better.

norinrad

He probably won't go back to Madrid, the assholes at the Franco club, his girlfriend and agent all used him. He needs to find a new agent, dump that wannabe pop star, and get himself a proper lady. He also needs to sign that fantastic contract. Being at United or any other club besides Madrid would be great for his career.

Meier

De Gea will still end up at Madrid next season. If he signs a new deal, it will unquestionably include a clause that says Madrid can buy him at a reduced rate (£15m or something minimal) in summer 2016. The new deal would only be done so that his compensation this year would be in line with his value.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Benitez will fuck up and Perez will sack him. No doubt. I think he wants Klopp and Benitez is just there to fill the gap for a year. Didn't buy a Galactico this year, so yeah. Probably saving it for Klopp (someone like Hazard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom