• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this summer, there's no way the clause would be a £15m buyout for Madrid. We could have just sold him at that price and got Navas already.

Meier

After this summer, there's no way the clause would be a £15m buyout for Madrid. We could have just sold him at that price and got Navas already.
You'll either get nothing for him, or a small payoff as a token of thanks. That's a very common compromise for a player in his last year who would leave on a free otherwise.

Lyng

He probably won't go back to Madrid, the assholes at the Franco club, his girlfriend and agent all used him. He needs to find a new agent, dump that wannabe pop star, and get himself a proper lady. He also needs to sign that fantastic contract. Being at United or any other club besides Madrid would be great for his career.

Actually Mendes is now trying to persuade him to sign a new deal, according to the press. Makes sense. Leaving for free to Madrid was never Mendes plan.

And there is no way Madrid get him free now. He is dependent on getting playing time at United. More likely new deal with a massive buy out clause.

You'll either get nothing for him, or a small payoff as a token of thanks. That's a very common compromise for a player in his last year who would leave on a free otherwise.

But we're fine with him leaving on a free. If he signs a new contract, why would we put such a low buyout clause in for him? We're not doing Madrid any favours, don't see it happening.

Lyng

But we're fine with him leaving on a free. If he signs a new contract, why would we put such a low buyout clause in for him? We're not doing Madrid any favours, don't see it happening.

Exactly. They fecked up massively and now they handed United the advantage.

norinrad

Actually Mendes is now trying to persuade him to sign a new deal, according to the press. Makes sense. Leaving for free to Madrid was never Mendes plan.

And there is no way Madrid get him free now. He is dependent on getting playing time at United. More likely new deal with a massive buy out clause.

Exactly, make them pay if they really want him, also Mendes fucked up and it looks bad on him as well. The f**king parasite.

If Dave really wants to go to the Euros, he needs to get on good terms with LvG. Heck even Valdes wants to make up :p

Jarnet87

Exactly, make them pay if they really want him, also Mendes fucked up and it looks bad on him as well. The f**king parasite.

If Dave really wants to go to the Euros, he needs to get on good terms with LvG. Heck even Valdes wants to make up :p

Valdes wasnt even named in the Champions League squad lol. Also Nick Powell was named, which I didn't realize he was still at the club.

Valdes wasnt even named in the Champions League squad lol. Also Nick Powell was named, which I didn't realize he was still at the club.

Ha, he's been toiling in the reserves since Leicester cancelled his loan (at the start of the year...?) but it's weird he's included, wasn't even given a squad number for this season so assumed he was being lined up to be sold.

I think you are selling Ancelotti short. He has another good 8-10 years left in him. I don't see Pep staying anywhere more than a handful of years. He seems to be the sort of individual who is always looking for a new challenge. Klopp on the other hand seems like the sort of manager who could stick around for a couple of decades. Giggs probably would too.

Surely a good move would be Ancelotti with Giggs as number 2 to train up and hand the reins over when he retires? Of course it depends on how long Giggs would be willing to be the number 2 guy.

Meier

If he signs a new deal, it will be him potentially doing you a favor (you still getting some money you'd not get otherwise) in exchange for getting paid better for his final year. I am absolutely confident he would not agree to a deal without this sort of clause in it.

If he signs a new deal, it will be him potentially doing you a favor (you still getting some money you'd not get otherwise) in exchange for getting paid better for his final year. I am absolutely confident he would not agree to a deal without this sort of clause in it.

Then he won't sign a new deal.

MPW

wonder what will happen if navas becomes a crowd favourite and has an excellent season ... will perez still sign de gea next summer?

Tubie

wonder what will happen if navas becomes a crowd favourite and has an excellent season ... will perez still sign de gea next summer?

You never know with Flo. What he does has no rhyme or reason, like selling Di Maria after winning us la decima.

Gorlak

Banned
Arsène Wenger has again defended his lack of spending after Arsenal became the only club in Europe’s top five divisions not to sign a first-team outfield player during the summer transfer window.

Are you kidding me? WTF. I hate this.

Tubie

At this point i doubt he gives a damn.

On De Gea's case he will sign a new deal, Mendes wants his cut which is huge.

This is all good news for Madrid. Florentino's incompetence is benefiting us, for once.

De Gea is a really good GK. Navas is probably as good, but in better form right now. We might've dodged a bullet there. United was about to get a world class GK in form for 12m euros in that deal.

norinrad

This is all good news for Madrid. Florentino's incompetence is benefiting us, for once.

De Gea is a really good GK. Navas is probably as good, but in better form right now. We might've dodged a bullet there. United was about to get a world class GK in form for 12m euros in that deal.

I agree. Navas is a great keeper and it seems the fans love him. From some of the stuff and videos I've seen lately, the Real fans weren't really keen on Dave.

Lyng

I agree. This is actually the best for everyone involved, except maybe Edurne.
Even for De Gea I think this is the best solution.

norinrad

I agree. This is actually the best for everyone involved, except maybe Edurne.
Even for De Gea I think this is the best solution.

I've been saying it for a while now, what Dave needs is a nice girl from next door and not that pop star wannabe. Time for him to man up, see that Madrid played him and the majority of the fans are happier with Navas, him going back would be a disaster for his career. Stay with United, sign that contract. Edurne is just using him for her own career, i mean really does anyone even know her outside of Spain?

Lyng

I've been saying it for a while now, what Dave needs is a nice girl from next door and not that pop star wannabe. Time for him to man up, see that Madrid played him and the majority of the fans are happier with Navas, him going back would be a disaster for his career. Stay with United, sign that contract. Edurne is just using him for her own career, i mean really does anyone even know her outside of Spain?

Even the Athletico fans are bullying her on her twitter right now. hehe

Cappa

Banned
If navas becomes? He already is and that's why many people think this deal was botched purposely as Florentino had a change of heart but at the same time did not want to make it seem like they did not try for de gea.

De gea to Madrid is done it's not going to happen ever.

Three things are going to happen

1)de gea is going to resign with United in order to play the euro 2016

2)navas will get his salary doubled, which is what United was offering him

3)both players will continue in their respective teams for quite some time

norinrad

Poor Welbeck, i have a feeling Wenger is going to pull an Eduardo on him when he recovers. Though Eduardo was miles better than him.

Anyone know why Joel never made it at Arsenal? He's the player they need right now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
RIP Welbeck

Had hoped he'd improve under Wenger and be useful for us by it isn't going to happen.

Oh well, at least he's class on FIFA.

Meier

"It's true that the price for Martial is £57.6m but take into account this sum includes bonuses which are very realistic," he is quoted as saying in The Sun.

"Initially Martial was not for sale, it was absolutely not planned. Since last week United started to make offers which we declined several times – £21.6m, £28.8m, £36m, even £50.4m with bonuses.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ebled-offer-for-anthony-martial-within-a-week

Going by that conversion rate, it seems his fee was actually €79m rather than €80m. Either way, it sure would be nice if there was anything approaching consistency in reporting of transfer fees. Sterling's £5m in add-ons can't even possibly be achieved for a minimum of 3 years, and yet they're miraculously included in his price..every..single..time.

Am I alone in really wanting to see Iceland beat the Netherlands today? Love seeing an underdog story and with Holland down to 10 men, there is a decent chance of that happening.

Italy not having the lead against Malta is a problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom