• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

Netherlands pls

EDIT: btw why does Cillessen always have this facial expression and look on his face as if he is in emotional distraught? i remember it from FIFA 2014 too, always looking like he is close to tearing up or something,

He's shit, he's always been shit, could have easily grabbed the second goal. Surely we have better keepers in this country? Blind can go to hell.

I wouldn't give up hope so easily Dutch-Gaf. Even if Turkey beats the Netherlands today, Turkey's last two matches is against Czech Republic and Iceland. Contrast the Dutch who face Kazakhstan and Czech Republic. If your team can get their act together and the Czech's and Icelandic win against Turkey you can still qualify via the playoffs.

RIP Oranje

I wouldn't give up hope so easily Dutch-Gaf. Even if Turkey beats the Netherlands today, Turkey's last two matches is against Czech Republic and Iceland. Contrast the Dutch who face Kazakhstan and Czech Republic. If your team can get their act together and the Czech's and Icelandic win against Turkey you can still qualify via the playoffs.

And both of them will be already qualified, so there's a chance they won't take those games as seriously.

LNBL

Hope Blind will become the first trainer to get kicked out after 2 matches.

I hope Turkey pulls through. I don't want to see Blind as coach any longer, and the KNVB officials for that matter too.

Memphis is the most useless player I have seen. Just go away and flop at United or something, lol.

Lol, atleast Memphis was providing crosses into the box. Wijnaldum should've netted his first chance.

SkylineRKR

A year ago we were third on the world stage. With masking our lack of quality and playing out of a strict organization. They all threw that away for our dated possession and wide passing game.

And both of them will be already qualified, so there's a chance they won't take those games as seriously.

Okay you got me there. Unless Iceland screws up then yes they will both make it by the end of they day. Still anything can happen so just hoping for the best is all I can really tell you.

Norway defeating Croatia puts us in an interesting situation. Winning against Bulgaria puts us in a perfect position to qualify before the last game. Anything else means it will be going down to the wire to decide if we qualify directly or be forced to the playoffs. That 1 point deduction Croatia got might make all the difference.

BoerBert

Dutch football is sick. The leaders still think that old classic Dutch school still works. Players like v/d Wiel and Narsingh always in the starting eleven while nobody, literally nobody likes them...

Firemind

Barca is proof a collective high-pressing game still works. These players are just dreadful and Blind is not a football genius like LVG is.

Italy is fortunate that Bulgaria also got a player sent off. Holding the lead would have been a lot harder if Mitsanski didn't get the boot.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Maybe. I usually just blindly buy FIFA, but I feel like it's time for a change. I've tried to see what PES is up to, but there's not much out there.

spencerfc has been posting videos for fifa

looks more or less the same, crossing seems improved

I won't lie, in some videos it looks a LOT like PES

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm mostly hyped for FIFA this year because I've been following BPL so much more closely this season. Now I know what underdog players I like and who is strong on the smaller clubs. Makes it much more fun for me.

Saya

Holland is a disaster at the moment. We need a foreign coach, someone who gets results and is highly experienced. Forget about playing "beautiful football", just win.

Nyx

Holland is a disaster at the moment. We need a foreign coach, someone who gets results and is highly experienced. Forget about playing "beautiful football", just win.

We need a lot more than that.

But to be honest I think Dutch football is dead, at club-level it's already going on for years and sooner or later the national team had to follow.

The biggest players (Robben, Van Persie and Sneijder) already are on their decline and there's no young Dutch players that seem to be able to follow in their footsteps. People call Memphis somebody who could be a superstar but we still have to wait and see.

On the other hand, these same thoughts have been told already in the early 80s (after the succesful 70s era) and the early 90s (after winning the EC in 1988) and everytime new supertalents have rised through the ranks after all.

You need a guy like Lucien Favre or Ronald Koeman who can make the best out of a team of younger players. But I have the feeling that the issue with your national team is actually superficial, that is you just need to regain your composure. It is true that you're having only few players that are active at the top level and it's also true that Eredivisie clubs are performing badly on the continent. But that wasn't an issue 15 months ago when you drew Argentina and won against Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil.

Nyx

You need a guy like Lucien Favre or Ronald Koeman who can make the best out of a team of younger players. But I have the feeling that the issue with your national team is actually superficial, that is you just need to regain your composure. It is true that you're having only few players that are active at the top level and it's also true that Eredivisie clubs are performing badly on the continent. But that wasn't an issue 15 months ago when you drew Argentina and won against Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil.

I would say that the 3rd place on that WC was the ''superficial'' part.
It just masked our underlying problems.

Firemind

The problem is the KNVB. They're completely and utterly delusional.

http://nos.nl/artikel/2056323-van-oostveen-heeft-volste-vertrouwen-in-blind.html

Van Oostveen heeft de laatste jaren een slechte hand in zijn keuzes voor bondscoaches. Bert van Marwijk en Guus Hiddink dienden hun laatste contract als bondscoach niet uit.

"Ik weet niet of dat slechte keuzes zijn", counterde Van Oostveen. "De vraag is of je het louter en alleen daarop moet gooien. Dat gaan we de komende tijd bekijken."
"I don't know whether they're poor decisions", Van Oostveen said, referring to the appointment of van Marwijk, Hiddink, then Blind.

Really? REALLY? ok

Strax

So Iceland-Gaf (Strax) How does it feel to make it to your first international Football tournament?

pB4A6BE.gif

is football back yet?
Hamburg is not playing tonight my dear.
So, they can't lose.
And so, football is not alive.
I would say that the 3rd place on that WC was the ''superficial'' part.
It just masked our underlying problems.
I beg to differ. Individually, the likes of Janmaat, Blind, Vlaar and especially De Vrij had a stellar World Cup. De Vrij in particular was so good he ranked third in the Castrol rankings that year. Every team would like a guy who performs so well. What I do find worrying though is that youngsters are late at confirming their talent (I am looking at you Dany Klaasen and Jordy Clasie).

Gambit

If Can succeeds on the right back position, he has a long national team career ahead

Seriously. I don't understand why not more German players (like Rode) are trying their luck as RB. It would be the "easiest" way into the national team. They'll never be selected in midfield.

Speaking of which, I wish Kroos and Gündogan would switch their position. Kroos next to Schweini has never worked all that well imo. (Speaking of the old Bayern days of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom