• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramos taking out the rat infested garbage

hqdcarU.gif

The ony and only El Rato

Zasa

You guys should try to catch the highlights of final 30 minutes or so of the Lille game today. Pure Bielsa insanity.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Watching US footy. They have a 'expert' who is worse then Quinn, here is a few lines she has used.

" When a team play more games together they know what each other do"

" When a player gets back from injury they step up training"

" Players that play a lot together play better"

" When a player gets back from injury they aren't at their peak"

" This player had concussion so he had to go off, he was disappointed and shaking his head when i asked him" Why not leave the dude alone?

and loads more shit

She is so fucking bad haha
US punditry is somehow worse than BT Sport

This could be Barcas year of downfall. Even Dembele wont be able to help them.

Letting Neymar go was a mistake. A mistake everyone will talk about in the years to come.

Madrid got the title in their pocket now.

EDIT: And how the hell does Lashley already have 640 posts? lol

Footy GAF is back!

I rule the roost, son.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Not really a surprise but Costa wants to go back to Atletico.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40919553

Costa says the club are now demanding he return to train with the reserves.

"Why won't they let me go if they don't want me?"

"I have to do what I have to do. I have to think of myself. I've been a good boy here and tried to do the right thing. My desire is to go to Atletico."

"In January, things happened with the coach," said Costa. "I was on the brink of renewing my contract and they put the brakes on it. I suspect the manager was behind it. He asked for that to happen.

"I have not deleted the message," he added. "If people accuse me of lying, I can show them. It was clear, saying that he didn't count on me and wishing me the best for the future. Full stop."

"You know that the manager doesn't want me," added Costa.

"I am waiting for Chelsea to set me free. I didn't want to leave. I was happy. When the manager does not want you, you have to go."

who's leaving first: Costa or Conte?

Blablurn

I have a feeling Bayern will be the 2013 Dortmund of 2017s Champions League.

The friendly and charismatic underdog, everyone will be rooting for, in this tournament full of cunts and clubs owned by countries.

Kyoufu

I have a feeling Bayern will be the 2013 Dortmund of 2017s Champions League.

The friendly and charismatic underdog, everyone will be rooting for, in this tournament full of cunts and clubs owned by countries.

I'll be cheering for Bayern if they face Real Madrid.

Watching US footy. They have a 'expert' who is worse then Quinn, here is a few lines she has used.

" When a team play more games together they know what each other do"

" When a player gets back from injury they step up training"

" Players that play a lot together play better"

" When a player gets back from injury they aren't at their peak"

" This player had concussion so he had to go off, he was disappointed and shaking his head when i asked him" Why not leave the dude alone?

and loads more shit

She is so fucking bad haha

Let me guess, Julie Foudy.

The Costa saga has been really bad. I don't see Conte lasting beyond December. Sigh, every alternate year we have to deal with this shit.
Who else will be available as manager next year?

The Costa saga has been really bad. I don't see Conte lasting beyond December. Sigh, every alternate year we have to deal with this shit.

If Ancelotti doesn't do well with Bayern this season, im guessing either him or the club won't activate the third year option and just part ways.

Tuchel is still available i think. But most likely Bayern may go for him if Ancelotti departs.

If Ancelotti doesn't do well with Bayern this year, im guessing either him or the club won't activate the third year option and just part ways.

Tuchel is still available i think. But most likely Bayern may go for him if Ancelotti departs.

Ancelotti was sacked in a fucking tunnel so not sure if bridges were burnt. Maybe Ranieri will be back lol. And Mourinho's 3rd year is next so he will be available next year in December.

Yeah he will be good. Costa will be back with him lmao.

Lunar FC

Damn, wish I could of been able to catch the supercopa. Match sounded like it had everything.

I got fucked in fantasy today. Went from top of the classic league and dominating my head to head match to finishing 14th in classic and losing my head to head by 16. 🙄

tim.mbp

There's a former Germany and USA national team manager available.
Or raid Ligue 1 for Favre or Jardim before PSG does.

Jimrpg

So what do people think about Lukaku? I said in the offseason thread that he was worth 100m pounds. Given the prices being asked of players the past few weeks, 75m looks like a bargain.

People thought I was nuts in the offseason thread.

Heck Swansea want 50m for Sigurdson and he is not a 50m player. He is WORTH that to Swansea because they'll probably get relegated if he goes and doesn't get replaced.

Costa mentally checked out in January so I don't have a ton of sympathy for him but Conte hasn't handled this well. That bit about wanting to stay at Chelsea is a crock of shit, he fucking waved goodbye to the fans in the last game of the season. He pushed to leave last summer, he pushed to leave this January and he fully expected to leave this summer.

So what do people think about Lukaku? I said in the offseason thread that he was worth 100m pounds. Given the prices being asked of players the past few weeks, 75m looks like a bargain.

Heck Swansea want 50m for Sigurdson and he is not a 50m player. He is WORTH that to Swansea because they'll probably get relegated if he goes and doesn't get replaced.
I'm happy we picked Lukaku over Morata, he is a PL proven striker. Considering the inflationary prices of players he is a good buy.

Dat Gilfy price may be the new normal unfortunately.

Lunar FC

Really glad to see how much and how quickly this community has grown. Being from the United States, dedicated footy fans can sometimes be hard to come by. This made gaf my primary source for discussions, which made the Great Purge of 2015 a real bummer for me personally.

Quick stat:

The Football Thread 2016/17 was posted on August 11th and it was not until November 20th that we reached 146 pages. 101 days.

We just reached that same mark in 9. 😬

pbsapeer

Banned
It is good to see tbf! Didn't know this group existed before I joined. Guess the crazy transfers and money that is around this off season helps keep things tick along :)

Tubie

Can't wait for the second leg on Wednesday.

You can never count Barca out, as PSG painfully learned last season in the CL.

I hope Madrid comes out knowing this and with the same intensity they had in the second half of this game.

Gonna suck not having Ronaldo tho, but at least Modric will be back. And I also hope Zidane just sits either Bale or Benzema for Asensio, those two are terrible and they look even worse when they play together.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've been waiting for Lacazette to come to Arsenal for 2 seasons. That opener whew.
Really glad to see how much and how quickly this community has grown. Being from the United States, dedicated footy fans can sometimes be hard to come by. This made gaf my primary source for discussions, which made the Great Purge of 2015 a real bummer for me personally.
It helps that it's in Off Topic.

weekev

Banned

He's 24 he is a great finisher, he's strong, he's got good hold up play. He's a proven 20+ goal scorer in a team with less service than united. Looking at that first game he will get balls in from an in form Pogba, an in form Mkhitaryan, an in form Rashford, Valencia, Mata, Matic. I reckon he could get 30+ for the next few years and United will win the league.

I'd rate him way higher than 100m when you look at the prices people are paying. In saying that Morata looked good too when he came on.

Quick stat:

The Football Thread 2016/17 was posted on August 11th and it was not until November 20th that we reached 146 pages. 101 days.

We just reached that same mark in 9. 😬

Nice. I was posting less over the years in the Community OT, happy it's back.

Also FML this is one of my best PL point hauls ever for a GW (83) and I lose by a point in H2H.

weekev

Banned

Also FML this is one of my best PL point hauls ever for a GW (83) and I lose by a point in H2H.
Yeah referenced that earlier in the thread. Really harsh but that is the nature of H2H. If it makes you feel better someone else managed to win with 39 points....

Lunar FC

It helps that it's in Off Topic.

Definitely, glad we were able to finesse that.
Hi pubg teammate.

I was feeling bad about my opponents huge comeback today, until I saw the scoreline in your match. 😋

Yeah referenced that earlier in the thread. Really harsh but that is the nature of H2H. If it makes you feel better someone else managed to win with 39 points....

Definitely, glad we were able to finesse that.
Hi pubg teammate.

I was feeling bad about my opponents huge comeback today, until I saw the scoreline in your match. 😋
FPL can be so cruel sometimes.

Can't wait to once again drop out in the second round of the cup matches against some random dude who stopped playing FPL after GW2.

Jimrpg

He's 24 he is a great finisher, he's strong, he's got good hold up play. He's a proven 20+ goal scorer in a team with less service than united. Looking at that first game he will get balls in from an in form Pogba, an in form Mkhitaryan, an in form Rashford, Valencia, Mata, Matic. I reckon he could get 30+ for the next few years and United will win the league.

I'd rate him way higher than 100m when you look at the prices people are paying. In saying that Morata looked good too when he came on.

Yeah he's got two big weapons, his strength and his pace. There aren't many teams with defenders that can handle those qualities from the one player. As long as Mourinho doesn't gas him from running around defending, he'll get goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom