• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I like Newcastle man, but your signings haven't added anything.
you will probably beat us

They just looks like a average Champ team, as do Brighton so far

Our signings are like Rafa's 9th choice because our owner won't pay the money needed to get Rafa's 1st choice signings. Or 2nd... or 3rd...

I can't wait to be rid of Mike Ashley.

GeeTeeCee

Their signings have been mind boggling, wtf is Rafa doing?

They're the "best" they can get thanks to Mike "I can't compete with Man City (or Stoke, or Brighton, or Huddersfield, or fucking anyone)" Ashley.

Sick of this club. Right now they have no purpose or reason to exist.

Moobabe

Stuck on a 5 hour Virgin train journey in the "quiet" carriage with a couple of screaming kids crawling around on the floor under the table next to me, parents don't give a fuck.

I can't even drown them out because the internet is so shit I can't even listen to Newcastle be shit.

Shahed

At least Joselu can actually play football. Gayle can only score if someone puts it on a plate for him or contribute nothing. So he'll be doing nothing more often than not for us in this league

Kyoufu

Saints got taken over by one last week.

We were actually in talks with a Chinese consortium for a takeover but I think Ashley has priced the club far too high. Not even a Sheikh would buy us for 300 to 400 million. We're stuck with Ashley. :(

Saints got taken over by one last week.

Emphasis easier. Then again, if you're not in the Premier League they'll wait till near the end of the season to see what your odds of going up are...

Also finally figured out where to find some good streams, so I can actually keep up with games.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
At least Joselu can actually play football. Gayle can only score if someone puts it on a plate for him or contribute nothing. So he'll be doing nothing more often than not for us in this league
He's total shit. Championship is his level.

Beefy

We were actually in talks with a Chinese consortium for a takeover but I think Ashley has priced the club far too high. Not even a Sheikh would buy us for 300 to 400 million. We're stuck with Ashley. :(

Yeah seeing as our new owner bought 80% of Saints for £200m. No one is spending 400m on Newcastle.

Emphasis easier. Then again, if you're not in the Premier League they'll wait till near the end of the season to see what your odds of going up are...

Also finally figured out where to find some good streams, so I can actually keep up with games.
Barnsley though. It would be mad if they spend loads.

Shahed

He's total shit. Championship is his level.
I remember some Sky Sports pundit (Ian Holloway?) saying Gayle was awesome and he tried to sign him. The words used were 'oozes quality'. I was like really? We played so bad in the Championship last year. We just got away with it because every other team was shit.

Courtois, Christensen, Rudiger, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Moses, Kante, Bakayoko, Willian, Morata.

Nice. Strange to see Moses starting on the wing over Pedro though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Chelsea XI vs. Spurs: Courtois; Christensen, Luiz, Rüdiger; Azpilicueta, Bakayoko, Kanté, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Moses.

Spurs XI vs. Chelsea: Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Dier, Wanyama, Dembele; Eriksen, Dele, Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom