• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmmV

It's a shame H&G came when they did. I think they bought us in 2007, when realistically we should've made a push to be a growing force in Europe. 2 Champions League finals in 3 seasons etc.

Liverpool fans (myself included) were a bit too keen to jump on the "everyone needs a loaded owner" train. Its infuriating thinking of what the club could have done building on that team even with owners as competent as FSG are now

Wasn't aware of this actually. The worst part about those clowns was that it finally seemed we were on the ascendancy, 2 champions league finals in 3 seasons, we finally go close to the league just to lose out to an outstanding United Squad. It's mental when you think about it, United had Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo. We had Torres and Ngog, I don't blame Benitez for getting pissed off.

Yeah, that transfer window was covered in either a book called "An Epic Swindle" or the book Rafa wrote about his time at Liverpool, can't remember which one.

They also managed to spend like £45m-£50m on plans for a new stadium that was then never even built lol

People should get criminal charges for that level of financial negligence imo, they were a couple of criminals in nice suits

Beefy

@SkyKaveh
Coutinho reported for training as usual today. Attitude 1st class as always. Reports that Bacelona in Liverpool for talks news to LIverpool

Way to do it. Respect the club and don't act a twat. Barca be pushing like always though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yep, VVD has come out looking like a prick from this whole situation.

Also Unreal Champ, wind your neck in a bit mate. There's only one person in your little vendetta who has blind love for their club and rose tinted glasses and it sure as hell isn't Beefy.

Pleased someone said it

Coutinho is going the right way about it, top bloke

Pleased someone said it

Coutinho is going the right way about it, top bloke
Honestly, I think it's got to the stage where players might start coming out and actually saying they're not going to force their way out

Too much shit flying around on twitter, it gets the fans antsy

I'm sure Coutinho won't go on strike or anything, but I'm not sure I trust FSG not to flush our season down the toilet for a quick buck

Beefy

Honestly, I think it's got to the stage where players might start coming out and actually saying they're not going to force their way out

Too much shit flying around on twitter, it gets the fans antsy

I'm sure Coutinho won't go on strike or anything, but I'm not sure I trust FSG not to flush our season down the toilet for a quick buck

I remember Mane going on strike to get a move to Saints, some players haven't got respect.

Preezy

Heh. To be fair, if Bale wasn't injured all the time and managed to be as regular as CR7 was at his age (even scoring less goals), the RM front trident would be a force to reckoned with.
They're already a force to be reckoned with, they won the CL last season don't forget.

cyber_ninja

It's on in about 3 hours I think.

I'm hoping for an interesting game but we all know Mou will park the bus.

0i05lBZ.jpg

Add extremely hot weather on top and we will get a boring game. I hope I'm wrong though....

I mean they were willing to splash upwards of £120 mil for players we haven't ended up getting, they seem like they legitimately want to invest. Not sure if I can think of any problems I've had with them as owners actually, besides ticket prices, and whoever they've hired to actually negotiate transfers.

Audioboxer

Real will win even without Ronaldo. Mou will park the bus and lose 1 or 2-0. Maybe 2-1 if we're lucky.

Real Madrid just has a far better squad. Their game to lose. Poor Mata is going to have been in 3 Super Cups and lost 3.

Pls start Fellaini Mou for maximum outrage.

Add extremely hot weather on top and we will get a boring game. I hope I'm wrong though....

LOL, but, dat RM attacking quality can get through anything.

RocknRola

They're already a force to be reckoned with, they won the CL last season don't forget.

I know, but imagine if Bale wasn't always injured on top of that :p Crazy!

Also, looks like at Barça, Deulofeu might be the natural replacement for Neymar. He has the pace and he also has quite a bit of skill. It could actually work pretty well, all things considered.

T-Rex.

Banned
I know, but imagine if Bale wasn't always injured on top of that :p Crazy!

Also, looks like at Barça, Deulofeu might be the natural replacement for Neymar. He has the pace and he also has quite a bit of skill. It could actually work pretty well, all things considered.
Looked good for Everton, at times, but I just remember him never ever passing the ball to anyone. Suarez will probably eat him.

I remember Mane going on strike to get a move to Saints, some players haven't got respect.

Actually that was down to the club lying to him. They promised they would sell him if a club came in with a bid. If I recall Barcelona put a bid on him and Salzburg rejected it because it was too low. Barcelona didn't come back with another bid and thats what pissed him off. Its funny because they ended up selling him to Southampton for less than Barcelona's bid.

Beefy

But what about this lovely Mamadou Sakho? Barely used, we'll even drive him to you ourselves!

No thanks man, we keep getting linked to Gibson for £30m 😂

Actually that was down to the club lying to him. They promised they would sell him if a club came in with a bid. If I recall Barcelona put a bid on him and Salzburg rejected it because it was too low. Barcelona didn't come back with another bid and thats what pissed him off. Its funny because they ended up selling him to Southampton for less than Barcelona's bid.

Never heard the Barca thing before. Still striking aint a good look.

Never heard the Barca thing before. Still striking aint a good look.

I don't agree with it but if you've been made a promise and they go back on it, in that situation I side with the player. I am a firm believer in "Don't make a promise you can't keep or intend to keep".

Zasa

Unless Matic knew some really dark secrets, I have no idea how he was allowed to leave.
Seriously. Bakayoko & Drinkwater are both downgrades. Don't understand the negativity around Matic at all. Guy's better than practically everyone Chelsea's been linked with at CM. Doubt you'll find a better all-around midfielder who's tall, powerful & has a great passing range to boot for that price. Not to mention he's already adapted to PL football.

N'Zonzi's probably the only other one who's realistic for them at this point.

I don't agree with it but if you've been made a promise and they go back on it, in that situation I side with the player. I am a firm believer in "Don't make a promise you can't keep or intend to keep".
Same happened with mascherano I think

Gave us an extra year because Alonso left after being told we'd let him leave the next summer, then got told by Hodgson that he wouldn't be allowed to leave when that time arrived

Seriously. Bakayoko & Drinkwater are both downgrades. Don't understand the negativity around Mati at all. Guy's better than practically everyone Chelsea's been linked with at CM. Doubt you'll find a better all-around midfielder who's tall, powerful & has a great passing range to boot for that price

I know United fans who are not happy about Matic. They think he is past it which is daft OK he was expensive but he's proven in the Prem and from a top rival he ain't gonna be cheap.

Seriously. Bakayoko & Drinkwater are both downgrades. Don't understand the negativity around Matic at all. Guy's better than practically everyone Chelsea's been linked with at CM. Doubt you'll find a better all-around midfielder who's tall, powerful & has a great passing range to boot for that price. Not to mention he's already adapted to PL football.

N'Zonzi's probably the only other one who's realistic for them at this point.

Baka is younger is better going forward so I hope he comes good. It looks like Matic really wanted to leave, so board let him go. Strange that Conte couldn't or didn't convince him to stay. Maybe because of his age?

Audioboxer

I know United fans who are not happy about Matic. They think he is past it which is daft OK he was expensive but he's proven in the Prem and from a top rival he ain't gonna be cheap.

Clueless fans. Matic is a part of the necessary height revolution to offload Fellaini.

Ibrahimovic 6 ft 5 in (he's totally coming back for 6 months... BELIEVE)
Pogba 6 ft 3 in
Bailly height 6 ft 1 in
Lindelof 6 ft 2 in
Matic 6 ft 4 in

Supplied by

Mata 5 ft 7 in
Mhiki 5 ft 10 in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom