• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Victor Moses is actually pretty good though.

That's what i said.

Anyway even if it was just against Southamptons questionable defense (not that different from QPR's), it felt like a whole other team when actually playing with a forward today. Ba was great and constantly threatening, instead of constantly hindering every damn move the team made. Really hope he keeps doing well, he could be a real bargain.

THIRD ROUND UPSETS - Luton beat Wolves, Macclesfield beat Cardiff, Oldham beat Forest, Brighton beat Newcastle

ig0WG4KAKDcqi.gif

It's alright Ståle, you can come back after this season when we play CL.

Think Ray and Hoddle are talking balls about Frank waving goodbye. He broke a record and had his name chanted since he came on. Of course he's going to address the fans.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So strange watching Chelsea today. I forgot what it was like to watch a match with a striker on the pitch.

May Torres sulk on the bench for eternity.

Wilbur

Banned
VULVA_ITK IS WRONG

Anders Lindegaard believes Manchester United's impressive festive form is down to team spirit - unlike their neighbours across the city.

The Premier League leaders took 10 points from a possible 12 over Christmas and New Year to open up a seven-point gap between themselves and Manchester City.

And while Mario Balotelli was involved in a training ground bust-up with his manager Roberto Mancini, Lindegaard and his United team-mates were reaping the rewards of a positive atmosphere.

'The team spirit is as high as I can remember since I came here [in December 2010],” he told MUTV.

'We have done tremendously well over the Christmas period and picked up some great results, only dropping points against Swansea - which was a game that we should have won in my opinion.

'We have done brilliantly and you can see that in the team spirit as well, people are happy and there’s a good, friendly and funny atmosphere in the locker room. It’s a joy coming into work at the moment.

'Training is not hard work during the Christmas period because we have so many games. We just come in and prepare for the next game and then we go again.

The games are obviously very hard, but the training in itself is not as hard as during other parts of the year.

'Mentally it’s a very hard period and I think the Christmas programme this year has been tougher than others while I’ve been at United.

But it’s a good feeling to come out after New Year’s Day with a lot of good results, a good atmosphere and sitting at the top of the table. We can now focus on the next games and getting more good results.'

Arnie

Yeah but Rodgers has a reputation for pushing young players so much I think it's only a matter of time before he's implicated in the Jimmy Saville scandal.
:lol :lol

Rodgers does put a lot of faith in youth, but personally I fucking love it. Like, Andre Wisdom's a solid, proper Premier League right back.

:lol :lol

Rodgers does put a lot of faith in youth, but personally I fucking love it. Like, Andre Wisdom's a solid, proper Premier League right back.

To be honest I'm jealous. Pretty much our only promising young player was left sitting on the bench today, local lad are you could see he was gutted when they scored.

Even if he came on and did nothing he'd have given 110% which is more than I can say for Ranger.

Yen

It's no good being in the first team at 18, then your career being over by 24 like Michael Owen.

Not that Owen (or Suso) wasn't extremely talented.
Owen was really overplayed since he was 17, plus his game was entirely based around sprinting at full pelt. Much more applicable to Sterling than Suso, but I'd be confident that Sterling will be handled correctly.

Owen was really overplayed since he was 17, plus his game was entirely based around sprinting at full pelt. Much more applicable to Sterling than Suso, but I'd be confident that Sterling will be handled correctly.

Yeah, Sterling's been rested a couple of times since Downing's been back on the wings, and Suso's gametime has been stop-start so far, and its not like he sprints around anyway

faridmon

THIRD ROUND UPSETS - Luton beat Wolves, Macclesfield beat Cardiff, Oldham beat Forest, Brighton beat Newcastle

That is not an upset thought. They beat them last year as well, Brighton are quite good team and have a well orginised team with Gus Poyet on the Helm and Newcastle Sucks ass.

Top Bottom