• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibg5f3S0zAnY05.gif

kharma45

We were lucky. Should've been at least two or three in the first half, let off in the second after any backbone just disappeared.

PowderedToast

rodgers has shown his pragmatism and earned my respect here. he fucked up with the starting team and changed everything he could when he realised. the likes of lucas, allen and sterling simply aren't good enough to start every game. this is the fucking team you play

rodgers have shown his pragmatism and earned my respect here. he fucked up with the starting team and changed everything he could when he realised. the likes of lucas, allen and sterling simply aren't good enough to start every game. this is the fucking team you play

Lucas does not belong in that list

dc89

Rekik and Suarez on the bench for City. Great to see. I'd love to see Suarez on today, just for 5 minutes.

I need me a Suarez 36 jersey.

GorillaJu

Well that second half was a pleasant surprise. Feel like we should have taken a point there. But then again we should have been down more in the first half

sohois

rodgers has shown his pragmatism and earned my respect here. he fucked up with the starting team and changed everything he could when he realised. the likes of lucas, allen and sterling simply aren't good enough to start every game. this is the fucking team you play

Rodgers threw the game away by starting Allen over Henderson, that was the key that allowed United to dominate the first half. His subs produced a much improved performance second half but in the end he was just fixing his mistake

Brilliant first half.

It's a shame this team has a knack for shooting itself in the foot by giving easy goals away. De Gea, Rafael and Carrick all equally at fault for the Sturridge goal. We let teams back into games we are bossing.

But it's a tough fixture and we got the win.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I see Diaby has been wheeled out for his biannual appearance. I give him 25 minutes.

Wilbur

Banned
10 points, bloody lovely. On the balance of things we were better (despite going into our shell halfway through the second half), so it will be nice to not read any bitter as fuck posts... although I'm only on the top of page 70 when Welbeck fell over :lol

Sturridge looked a threat for Liverpool so its looking promising on that front for them, but we kept Suarez quiet apart from one or two nervy moments so I'm happy with that. Our defence were very good for the 90, Carrick and Cleverley were great for an hour, Shinji had some great moments and passes (fucking good save from Reina on his shot as well), Welbeck is hilarious, RVP is a god amongst mere men.

Good game.

K1LLER7

Sturridge looked good linking with Suarez.

---------

Need to get Rooney back along with Nani. Kagawa had decent game. Could've grabbed a goal.

10 points, bloody lovely. On the balance of things we were better (despite going into our shell halfway through the second half), so it will be nice to not read any bitter as fuck posts... although I'm only on the top of page 70 when Welbeck fell over :lol

Sturridge looked a threat for Liverpool so its looking promising on that front for them, but we kept Suarez quiet apart from one or two nervy moments so I'm happy with that. Our defence were very good for the 90, Carrick and Cleverley were great for an hour, Shinji had some great moments and passes (fucking good save from Reina on his shot as well), Welbeck is hilarious, RVP is a god amongst mere men.

Good game.

We would have probably killed the game in the first half with same team and Rooney instead of Welbeck.

Salazar

Anyone who chips a pass around our penalty area needs to be shot.

So much fucking irresponsible aerial frippery in that second half.

sohois

Surprisingly uncontroversial game really. There were a lot of fouls going in to be sure, one or 2 moments like Vidic being offside and Johnson's tackle, but generally not many problems. Webb did quite well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom