• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck this shit. Scum fucking team of pieces of cuntish shitheads.

t8IHP.gif

dc89

Things may be delayed at the Emirates. There's been a security scare as a suspect package has been found in the carpark.

I wonder if it's a trophy?

Arnie

Surely that's the bare minimum that should be expected though?

Was much improved second half mind
Well, in theory, but in a game of this magnitude, at Old Trafford, against a United team in this sort of form it's not that easy.

Borini, Suarez, Sturridge looked really good second half. We needed to get more outlets further up the pitch, and that's what we did. Too many players in ineffectual space in the midfield.

Yeah, can't complain really about the officials. Except for giving Man Utd that goal kick, which was a shocking decision

fake edit: oh, offside :(

Too close to criticise imo, didn't even look like it hit Vidic in real time

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
10 minutes, waaaaay too late. We Should have scored before instead of slowing down the tempo and defending

PowderedToast

Rodgers threw the game away by starting Allen over Henderson, that was the key that allowed United to dominate the first half. His subs produced a much improved performance second half but in the end he was just fixing his mistake

yep, henderson can press and dictate tempo whereas allen can't. neither lucas or allen are diverse enough in their game and it turned negative quickly. i mean neither are proficient at tackling, they don't press very well and they don't attack. in the first half our midfield practically turned in on itself.

honestly i'm still not convinced by one-purpose midfielders. i don't get it

Much better from Liverpool towards the end. Ferguson's subs were terrible. And I don't understand why Welbeck started.

What if they support Bayern and United?
For Ferguson it's a point of principle to play players who "get" this game. He's gone on record saying that and his selections always reflect it.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, can't complain really about the officials. Except for giving Man Utd that goal kick, which was a shocking decision

fake edit: oh, offside :(

Too close to criticise imo, didn't even look like it hit Vidic in real time

Yeah, I don't think you can even criticise for the offside; its as close to level as you can be, happened so quickly, and the linesman will have a fucking job seeing that come off Vidic.

Salazar

I think Chicha would have run like a mentalist and squeezed another chance or two out of that second half.

Valencia wasn't quite as terrible as expected. Hope for great things from Nani.

Fry

To all new members: if you want your username in the OP, PM me, I can't keep up with the thread every day.

Ugh, just started raining, I guess I'll be stuck with football for the day...

D_prOdigy

I think Chicha would have run like a mentalist and squeezed another chance or two out of that second half.

Honestly forgot to breathe for about 3 seconds when Valencia actually got a cross away.

I think that last play where RVP made something out of nothing is the difference between Pea and Welbeck. Welbeck should have made a run to the near post to tap in an RVP pass. Instead, he stayed back and RVP had no option to pass too.

Wilbur

Banned

He made himself a nuisance drawing fouls and keeping the ball, but he didn't do anything threatening (unless it was him who set up RVP for the back heel). Suppose that wasn't needed at the time though.

Let's stop ripping into Danny, guys. He's fucking brilliant outside the box, let's play him as a defensive midfielder.

Looks like we're getting Remy. Lot of money to pay for an out of form player, still, can only lift the squad. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Now we can get a CB and maybe a CM

Hixx

Late but who cares

1. Setting Sons - the Jam
2. WTSMG/Definitely Maybe (I cannot choose, fuck off) - Oasis
3. West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum - Kasabian
4. Play - Moby
5. Fat of the Land - Prodigy

Can't believe Sterling is getting away with his performance today. Absolutely dreadful
18 years old man.

Also Rafael was once more immense both in defense and going forwards. Sadly he switched off and didnt track Sturridge but for 89 mins he was class. I love you Rafa.

madmackem

Looks like we're getting Remy. Lot of money to pay for an out of form player, still, can only lift the squad. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Now we can get a CB and maybe a CM

Need to replace ba, i dont think cisse will ever get back that form he had when he first came.

You mean even if you think Lincoln is shite, critics will wank themselves silly over it because they don't think its shite?

What an odd thing to say :lol

No, I mean even if its genuinely shite and cliched like Avatar, critics will wank themselves silly over it because of the Spielberg-DDL combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom