• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

ibg5f3S0zAnY05.gif
Dat LMJ!!

K1LLER7

He made himself a nuisance drawing fouls and keeping the ball, but he didn't do anything threatening (unless it was him who set up RVP for the back heel). Suppose that wasn't needed at the time though.

Let's stop ripping into Danny, guys. He's fucking brilliant outside the box, let's play him as a defensive midfielder.
Gave the ball away way too much IMO. Wasted so many chances too. Not sure if he should play as a 10.

LTWheels

Can't believe Sterling is getting away with his performance today. Absolutely dreadful

Ideally he should not be starting, he's very young and still developing. Now with Sturridge and Borini back from injury we have enough players so he does not have to start.

L1NETT

Sterling may have played too many games in quite a short space of time. Soft excuse I know, but the kid has played a lot of games.

Allen on the other hand, does not deserve a starting space.

sohois

Can't believe Sterling is getting away with his performance today. Absolutely dreadful

Getting away? What do you think should happen?

Yeah he was poor, but so were several other players and with Stirling one has to take into account his age.

Wilbur

Banned
Irregardless of quality, critics will say it's fantastic. Like Warhorse.

So every single review is a fabricated one? Like, they've gone and written a review that isn't reflective of their actual opinion?

I can't believe Avatar has 80 odd percent on RT, but it does. I don't think critics are faking their opinions though.

18 years old man.

Also Rafael was once more immense both in defense and going forwards. Sadly he switched off and didnt track Sturridge but for 89 mins he was class. I love you Rafa.

Yeah, he really was great. Evra was fantastic as well today, he's really improved this season.

Sterling may have played too many games in quite a short space of time. Soft excuse I know, but the kid has played a lot of games.

Allen on the other hand, does not deserve a starting space.

Don't think anyone will disagree with that

Allen is actually progressing the way Downing did

@Wilbury, I think critics go into certain things looking for things to like about it, and the opposite for other things. That applies to games and books as well, particularly games

Yen

So every single review is a fabricated one? Like, they've gone and written a review that isn't reflective of their actual opinion?

I can't believe Avatar has 80 odd percent on RT, but it does. I don't think critics are faking their opinions though.

Yeah, he really was great. Evra was fantastic as well today, he's really improved this season.

He isn't suggesting critics are going to lie.

sohois

Don't think anyone will disagree with that

Allen is actually progressing the way Downing did

@Wilbury, I think critics go into certain things looking for things to like about it, and the opposite for other things. That applies to games and books as well, particularly games

Nah, he's still doing a lot better than that, just been overplayed. I'd say the more apt comparison would be Enrique.

Rafa proving he's the best RB in the league. Let's see how Zab responds.

After his mistake for the goal?

3Sixty

Wow, lots of responses.

I was just surprised people were tearing into Allen and not mentioned Sterling at all. Hopefully he will get more rest now Sturridge and Borini are fit but who knows.

Labadal

He's "getting away" with it because so many other players were poor. Wisdom had no ball control and poor passing. Johnson's poor marking on the free kick and was owned by Rafael. Downing was invisible most of the game. Lucas, Allen and Gerrard didn't have a great game. Gerrard looked better in the second half. Sterling was as invisible as Downing.

Wilbur

Banned

He isn't suggesting critics are going to lie.

But if its a bad film, like irredeemably bad in everyone's eyes, then they're not going to praise it.

Otherwise they just hold the opinion it is good, much like you have the opinion its shit. Using the example of Avatar again, I thought it was atrocious. Yet 85% of film critics thought it was good, and you'll find a bunch of people in real life who also think it was good. I don't think necessarily they went to go see that film with a score/review/opinion already in their head.

It's not like that stopped him from starting Kagawa though.
Not saying he will only pick those players.

But his teams will always include players who have what edge. IMO it's a factor in his selection. And may well be why he played ahead of Hernandez (as well as physical attributes for this type of match).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
3 points between us and Lazio!

All our problems is in the final third. We suck at crossing and everything strikers related.

GorillaJu

I thought Evra was MOTM personally. He had a good game. Welbeck as well, though his gaffes were entertaining.

Second half was a good game of football – shame we didn't show up for the first.

And it's about time Hendo started playing every game over Allen.

Apart from one good clearance, Jones looked utterly pointless again today. At the moment he's shit on the ball and lazy off it. Boy needs to sort it out.
Not sure he's lazy off it. His job was to follow Suarez, he did that.

Agree he needs to do alot better though.

Welbeck needs to up his game. He's a great outlet and holds the ball well but he is not clinical enough in terms of scoring or creating chances. Kagawa and him should have played each others roles today.

Kikarian

I thought Evra was MOTM personally. He had a good game. Welbeck as well, though his gaffes were entertaining.

Second half was a good game of football – shame we didn't show up for the first.

For me it was Rafael for MOTM.

He was only on for 15 minutes to be fair to him, and playing in what isn't his favoured position.

Which is?

I think his best position is right back but Rafael is better there. He needs to work hard if he's going to be a consistent first team player. Word is the coaching staff aren't convinced of him at CB. That leaves midfield and he's not looked good there at all for us.

MPW

Troll Football
If you're ever feeling down or worthless, depressed or suicidal, just think to yourself, it could be worse, you could be a Liverpool fan.

oh snap!

For the first 45 Carrick was on song, was a brilliant performance from him.

Overall I'm not sure, you may be right with Evra although he was still quite complacent at the back.

Allen was woeful in that first 45. Seriously shocking.

Wilbur

Banned
Not sure he's lazy off it. His job was to follow Suarez, he did that.

Agree he needs to do alot better though.

Welbeck needs to up his game. He's a great outlet and holds the ball well but he is not clinical enough in terms of scoring or creating chances. Kagawa and him should have played each others roles today.

Yeah, I completely agree. Fergie needs to look at that and experiment with it, Kagawa would have had a field day with the space afforded to Welbeck in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom