• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Yeah, but you can always turn off the battle animations. You've been able to do so in every game so far.
*Salvadora has been buffeted from the sandstorm*. Repeat a billion times. Thank God for the option to turn it off.
Yeah but it looks fucking gorgeous. It's such a perfect formula you can always go back and play the old ones and not feel like you're missing out on much save some new Pokes. Apart from the reusable TMs that are present in B/W, HeartGold is fucking perfect. Looks great, has a bunch of Pokemon, has the Kanto bits after the main game... its amazing
I feel like I'm transported back to my childhood every time I play a new Pokemon game. It's such a wonderful series.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Busquets was amazing tonight, dude has so much class the Zidane-esque play he did just fuck wow.

Xabi Alonso is shit compared to Busquets. How he managed to get the nod over Busquets in the fifpro 11 is mind boggling, there's no debate Busquets is 10 times the player Alonso is.

Wilbur

Banned
Busquets was amazing tonight, dude has so much class the Zidane-esque play he did just fuck wow.

Xabi Alonso is shit compared to Busquets. How he managed to get the nod over Busquets in the fifpro 11 is mind boggling, there's no debate Busquets is 10 times the player Alonso is.

Busquets is amazing all the time. Definitely should have been there ahead of Xavi and Alonso

Oxx

'Catching 'em all' ceased to be a major concern after getting all 151 in the original games.

The more Pokes the merrier.

Meier

ESPN Deportes' presentation is always really impressive. I hope when ESPN loses the PL they do more with these other leagues.

Fry

Why? Your not forced to memorize them.

I played Pokemon Stadium and PS 2 like crazy, and knew every Pokemon, their names and powers. Then after a few years... there were several new games and Pokemons. I just felt lost and had no interest in it anymore.

Kyoufu

I played Pokemon Stadium and PS 2 like crazy, and knew every Pokemon, their names and powers. Then after a few years... there were several new games and Pokemons. I just felt lost and had no interest in it anymore.

Same here. 649 is ridiculous.

I don't see how more Pokemon is a bad thing. I'll always love the original 151 but the more the merrier for me, will help with the series' transition into proper online play as well!

FootballFan

Why? Your not forced to memorize them.

I think I know what he means.

In Pokemon Red for example, you only had 150 or so Pokemon. You knew what type each one was and what their name was etc.

Now if I see a wild Pokemon called Hababubabi I wouldn't have a clue what it's weakness' are and all. Learning 650 Pokemon isn't easy lol.

Salvadora

The games don't begin with you having access to 649 Pokemon. It's only in the post-game stuff that it comes in to play, and by then you'll be addicted :p

In Pokemon Red for example, you only had 150 or so Pokemon. You knew what type each one was and what their name was etc.

Now if I see a wild Pokemon called Hababubabi I wouldn't have a clue(well I wouldn't) what it's weakness' are and all. Learning 650 Pokemon isn't easy lol.

That's the joy of a new generation, discovery.

Wilbur

Banned

Now if see a wild Pokemon called Hababubabi you wouldn't have a clue(well I wouldn't) what it's weakness' are and all. Learning 650 Pokemon isn't easy lol.

As long as you know its type then you should be able to work out its weaknesses.

qindarka

Banned

Now if see a wild Pokemon called Hababubabi you wouldn't have a clue(well I wouldn't) what it's weakness' are and all. Learning 650 Pokemon isn't easy lol.

Pretty sure you can see the Pokemon's typing in battle.

Randdalf

For me the best part about Pokemon games is going into the unknown. When I played Diamond/Pearl and there were still Geodudes/Zubats everywhere, it was just incredibly boring. You had to look hard for the new ones in some areas. Catching some scrubby looking thing you've never seen before at level 5, having it evolve into some monstrous beast and then it being the crux of your team at the Elite 4 is what Pokemon is all about for me.

Oxx

I don't want it to snow. The trains are patchy enough as it is.

I won a contest to have Official Nintendo Magazine put Celebi on my Pokemon Silver cart. I had to send it in the post. Tense times.

Wilbur

Banned
For me the best part about Pokemon games is going into the unknown. When I played Diamond/Pearl and there were still Geodudes/Zubats everywhere, it was just incredibly boring. You had to look hard for the new ones in some areas. Catching some scrubby looking thing you've never seen before at level 5, having it evolve into some monstrous beast and then it being the crux of your team at the Elite 4 is what Pokemon is all about for me.

Yep. Turning my little Drilburr into a Excadrill that takes out Druddigons with one Earthquake is satisfying as fuck

Salvadora

I think I'll go on a media blackout for the new generation and go in completely in the dark. In previous games I've felt like I've read everything before the game comes out.

Wilbur

Banned
Vidic sustained an injury to his knee once more today.

I'd say he's dunzo.

I thought he did when he landed funny when he went up for that header. Was solid today as well.

Maybe its time just to call it quits and buy a replacement :/ RIP Vida, scourge of Europe.

Will need to be someone experienced though, especially if Rio's off soon. Can't just have a bunch of young centre backs.

Mats Hummels | I Hope You Have Limited Eating Tastes | 2013/14 | SD

I think I'll go on a media blackout for the new generation and go in completely in the dark. In previous games I've felt like I've read everything before the game comes out.
That's what I'm gonna do.

Last time I more or less decided what my squad would be before I even started the game.

we knew that dortmund has a buying option for sahin, which will be under 10 million...what we didn't knew is that it will be only 6 million...well...that's cheap

No one has found out/said anything out about a possible loan fee, though. Looking at the rumored Liverpool loan fee and what Arsenal bid, let's say something around 2m a season is possible. 1 and a half year, that would be around 3m and we're around 9-10m for the whole transfer which seems likely and fair to me.

Wilbur

Banned
Do saves from previous Pokemon games carry over? Or is there no point playing the older ones now?

If you have a DS, I implore you to pick up either HeartGold/SoulSilver so you at least have the familiarity of Kanto/Johto Pokemon earlier on before it gives you the new ones, or get Black/White where it just starts you off with Unova Pokemon at the start, and then endgame drops the new ones on you.

Same. I think I'll see the final evolutions of the starters and then get the fuck out.

Fry

Get ready bitches:

Rumor is that the album is called "The 20/20 Experience" and the first single, "Suit and Tie," will be available on iTunes tonight at midnight.

EbYsX.png

I probably enjoyed the cards more than the games. When I was at school this kid found a shiny mewtwo and one of my friends convinced him to swap it for his seadra. And then he sold the mewtwo to this other kid for 1000 riyals (about £200), who it turned out had stolen the money from his parents to buy it. Pokemon... serious business.

Wilbur

Banned
It's all about Eevee!

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/180px-133Eevee.png[/MG][/QUOTE]

It is and always has been about this motherfucker

[IMG]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100628005022/pokeed/images/5/5d/Arcanine.PNG

I probably enjoyed the cards more than the games. When I was at school this kid found a shiny mewtwo and one of my friends convinced him to swap it for his seadra. And then he sold the mewtwo to this other kid for 1000 riyals (about £200), who it turned out had stolen the money from his parents to buy it. Pokemon... serious business.
:lol

Who's your friend? Fucking Derren Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom