• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

You don't have to go to their games, just watch them on your telly. I'm not trying to convince you or saying that you're wrong, but you must have a local club you followed when you were a wee lad.

Yeah, that's true. I watch brazilian football on tv sometimes. I've been impressed by how many good players are coming here/staying longer than predicted.

Timurid

I can't support two clubs. I cheer on the likes of Juve, Barcelona etc but when one of them loses a game I don't care whatsoever.

When Newcastle loses a game I cry.

Yes. I've cried a lot this season.

You disgusts me! JUVE! NOW MARSEILLES! WHATS NEXT? MAN UNITED?

Fry, this guy i know is a huge Corinthians fan.

Slizz

I actually watched Argentinian football yesterday.... Twas a River Plate game since thats the only team that gets any coverage from that league, was pretty awful lol.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't support two clubs. I cheer on the likes of Juve, Barcelona etc but when one of them loses a game I don't care whatsoever.

When Newcastle loses a game I cry.

Yes. I've cried a lot this season.

Yeah, same. I have a soft spot for a lot of teams. Juve, Roma, Fiorentina, Madrid, Bilbao, Betis, Dortmund, Hannover... even ones in this league (although that's mostly based off their managers - didn't like Spurs until AVB took over, find Liverpool far more tolerable with B-Rod as opposed to Kenny, like Wigan purely because of Martinez.

But do I really give a fuck if they lose? Not really. It's United or nothing, behbeh

Clegg

Arteta is a steady player. Carrick is very good when on form.

United's Champions League defeats by Barcelona have given Carrick a reputation as a poor player. That's evidently not true.

I think Arteta has a bit more mobility than him but Carrick is the better passer.

Carrick is the better player.

K1LLER7

Arteta is an unsung hero.

Same could be said for Carrick. It's only recently that he's been acknowledged for what he brings to the team. I like that he's starting to control games now, it helps when he's played alongside Cleverly and Ando.

Though Wilshere was Arsenal's best player today. Won't be long until he moves on to a better team :p

FuturusX

Can't see it, perhaps I just hate him. But then again only UTD fans tell me he's good.

Naturally I distrust their assessments of players.

GolazoDan

I think the only pundit who gave Michael Carrick credit a few years ago was Graeme Souness. If you take into consideration that all pundits aside from Graeme Souness and Gary Neville are morons, Michael Carrick is a grand footballer.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't see it, perhaps I just hate him. But then again only UTD fans tell me he's good.

Naturally I distrust their assessments of players.

Arnie will tell you he really rates Carrick. Arnie's a good judge of a player.

Lol forget Arteta Carrick is better than Wilshere and Cazorla too.

Cazorla did fuck all today, but Wilshere's potentially fantastic and will be the best English mid of his generation. U probz trollin tho

Carrick's still the best

Bo-Locks

It's about time United won the FA Cup. I just checked Carrick's honors at United. Not bad for a second rate international:

Premier League (4): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
Football League Cup (1): 2009–10
FA Community Shield (4): 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Lol Wilshere's so good he's so amazing our little Jack brave Jack.

You guys say Clev's shit and Clev rang rings around coke-head at Old Trafford.

Wilbur

Banned
Lol Wilshere's so good he's so amazing our little Jack brave Jack.

You guys say Clev's shit and Clev rang rings around coke-head at Old Trafford.

Yeah, we can drop the Clev's shit act now as well. Not a god, as we like to say. But he's certainly a good player, been great against Arsenal and Liverpool, was good against City.

K1LLER7

England midfield consisting of:

----- any decent DM (Not Rodwell) -----

--------- Clev -------Jacky Wilsh --------

Would play triangles around any international team.

Wilbur

Banned
England midfield consisting of:

----- any decent DM (Not Rodwell) -----

--------- Clev -------Jacky Wilsh --------

Would play triangles around any international team.

1404carrick54ES_415x433.jpg

Although Hendo's coming along awight

Arnie

Arnie will tell you he really rates Carrick. Arnie's a good judge of a player.

Carrick's class. As is Gareth Barry. Fuck the haters, admire quality midfielders.

In fairness, Gerrard, Shelvey, and Allen dominated Carrick at Anfield, it works both ways. Allen had such a stinker today, lad really needs a rest, he was boss up until early December. Henderson should have a solid run in the team.

FuturusX

Lol forget Arteta Carrick is better than Wilshere and Cazorla too.

It's all relative I suppose. All of those players would struggle to make it in Barca's B team.

I like discussing/arguing about the value of lesser players.

I mean Messi is a god, obvious for anyone to see. So saying so holds little meaning really.

Dembele or Carrick?

Arnie

Agree that Cleverley's unsung, too, mostly because people spent far too long hyping him up and making jokes about his godlike status, that when he really does kick on and string together numerous good performances it's overlooked.

He was great today, against an admittedly scatty and off the pace Liverpool.

Wilbur

Banned
Carrick's class. As is Gareth Barry. Fuck the haters, admire quality midfielders.

In fairness, Gerrard, Shelvey, and Allen dominated Carrick at Anfield, it works both ways. Allen had such a stinker today, lad really needs a rest, he was boss up until early December. Henderson should have a solid run in the team.

Yeah they did; it's taken a while for Carrick to come on this season but there's no one better in the league at doing what he does. The narrative that just because he got decimated by the two finest midfielders of the century means he's now average is a tiresome one.

Allen really was poor today, but Hendo's looked good recently. Gerrard looked pretty knacked at times as well.

Yeah, we can drop the Clev's shit act now as well. Not a god, as we like to say. But he's certainly a good player, been great against Arsenal and Liverpool, was good against City.
Holding my judgement until the end of the season.

I waver between average - good.

I think he'll definitely be a useful squad player for us at the least but the last few weeks are giving me hope he can contribute a little more than that, almost in the way Fletcher pushed on and began to establish himself. We know he won't be world class or anything. I'm liking his attitude at the moment, seems very self assured, asks for the ball, goes looking for it. Would like to see him be a bit more forwards looking on it but you can tell his tactical role in the team is to always provide an extra pass for our other players and double up, he does this alot when he goes out wide and creates little triangles for the winger and full back.

But yes - it's been a good month for Clev, he needs to turn that into a good 6 months.

Agree that Cleverley's unsung, too, mostly because people spent far too long hyping him up and making jokes about his godlike status, that when he really does kick on and string together numerous good performances it's overlooked.

He was great today, against an admittedly scatty and off the pace Liverpool.
:lol so true

When Henry Winter compared him to Cesc. Jesus. Henry Winter is dumb.

Wilbur

Banned
It's all relative I suppose. All of those players would struggle to make it in Barca's B team.

I like discussing/arguing about the value of lesser players.

I mean Messi is a god, obvious for anyone to see. So saying so holds little meaning really.

Dembele or Carrick?

Different players, hence the Arteta/Carrick comparison. They'd work well together actually.

Holding my judgement until the end of the season.

I waver between average - good.

I think he'll definitely be a useful squad player for us at the least but the last few weeks are giving me hope he can contribute a little more than that, almost in the way Fletcher pushed on and began to establish himself. We know he won't be world class or anything. I'm liking his attitude at the moment, seems very self assured, asks for the ball, goes looking for it. Would like to see him be a bit more forwards looking on it but you can tell his tactical role in the team is to always provide an extra pass for our other players and double up, he does this alot when he goes out wide and creates little triangles for the winger and full back.

But yes - it's been a good month for Clev, he needs to turn that into a good 6 months.

Completely agree with everything you've written. Fletcher was always one of those players where you'd struggle to see if he stood out at an Arsenal or a Chelsea, but for United he's upped his game and played a very specific role and done it with aplomb. Clev's been doing that recently for sure.

Both on top of their game, I'd rather have Anderson in the side, but that never fucking happens.

Randdalf

Knowing Hodgson, Carrick would probably be dropped for the next world cup. Hendo's a good shout seen as Woy loves his Liverpool players :p

I would say he's getting a bit too old, but it's only one and a half years 'til the World Cup! Ferguson will probably persuade him to retire from international football.

K1LLER7

Anderson, Rooney and Nani return on wednesday hopefully. If Ando carries on his form from where he left off, I could see Clev being dropped or Fergie using a 4-3-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom