• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Nasri do exactly? Arsenal got £25m for a player who isn't worth that :p its one of their better deals.....

Least he didn't leave for free plus it allowed for Wenger to get....er Gervinho? Giroud? Park? Santos? Merts? >_<

"I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club"
""If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team,"
"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

So good. :lol

Salazar

Least he didn't leave for free plus it allowed for Wenger to get....er Gervinho? Giroud? Park? Santos? Merts? >_<

I often think commentators are talking wank about headers when they say "got to hit the target", but Giroud really did outright bungle a proper chance.

He's worth hanging onto, though, unlike the others you've mentioned.

bjaelke

Wilshere would have chinned him.
Wouldn't he just injure himself in the process?
Sneijder has not featured for the Nerazzurri since September having rejected a proposed two million euro pay cut, with Moratti just as eager to bring the uncomfortable stand-off to an end.

He told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday: "It would be professional if he would make his decision by the end of the day."
So I guess that's out of the picture.

""If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team,"
"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

:lol

He's a little shit but that's class :lol

Haha brilliant. What a knob! But still I would have been delighted with the £25m! Good job Wenger has no idea how to spend.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta “The transfer window will close without any major signings,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “The January market is not offering important names for Juventus.

“We are looking around, evaluating, but in the meantime we want to recover those players who are absent with injury or participating at the African Cup of Nations.

“We’re missing important elements like Claudio Marchisio, Giorgio Chiellini, Kwadwo Asamoah and Simone Pepe, while Mirko Vucinic

Kyoufu hug me

Sad that Juve is struggling with transfers.

Used all their money on refs, don't worry about it.

iMozduYwBFmW8.gif

Throwing shit at Arsenal fans was also the first thing Cole did after the CL win last season. It's lovely.

Fintan

Is Modric unsettled enough to be likely to leave, either now or in the summer? It would be funny if he ended up at Chelsea or United in the end.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We dropped too many silly points the money is definitely being wired elsewhere.

Buffon is gambling again

PJX

3591215_o.gif

Couldn't handle him.

LOL Clevshit wasn't all that good.

Combination of:

1. Not actually that good
2. Being overplayed
3. Not really having a clear role

I wasn't too keen on him when Rodgers bought him. But when the season started I felt he was proving me wrong. But nwo he just seems to be shit.

This is what normally happens to players who have no fear of being benched, because the manager will hold on to them no matter what.

/^ all of those arguments make sense as well, lol

Pretty much this. Rodgers need to learn to bench players like him and Gerrard.

Salazar

12 weeks dude. 12 weeks.

He has Kieron Dyer genes.

Why isn't the league table indicative of Arsenals actual quality?

We're rapidly multiplying league tables to account for all of these metrics.

The Moral League. (City. Fuck knows why or how).
The Potential League. (Liverpool under philosopher Brent. Nailed on).
The Quality League. (Arsenal, who MOTD still associate with The Invincibles, lmao).
The Improvement Notwithstanding Results League (Chelsea, under Interim Twat).

dc89

I bought some Cravendale last night and it was rancid as fuck. Tasted sour, really odd considering the date on it. I tweeted them jokingly and this morning they tweeted back asking me to email them a picture of the bottle!

They want my address too, I wonder what they are going to send me?!

GorillaJu

It's been said, but the fact that United controlled the midfield in the first half says more about Liverpool than it does about United.
I'm guessing that's one who also was in Horrible Bosses then? Hated his voice :lol

He does get up there, but I like him. The best character though is Dennis. Especially as the show gets on.

The Quality League. (Arsenal, who MOTD still associate with The Invincibles, lmao).

All I know is that the Manc clubs are shit and one of Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal top the Quality League regardless of their actual league position. It's just they have the odd off day you know?

Salazar

It's been said, but the fact that United controlled the midfield in the first half says more about Liverpool than it does about United.

Yes. Allen was distressingly pants and Lucas is off the pace and your wingers are lightweight, one of them permanently so.

But Clev and Carrick are a good pair and are getting better. That's enough for (most of) us, really. And it'll be better when we get our wings properly working again.

We needed more composure in the second half. I understand why we settled back; I mean, if a side throws on three strikers - two of them fairly competent - against you and you continue to play a high game, you're mental. But it's not good enough to play a pass to someone's chest five yards from your box. Carrick is getting a bit of deserved praise but that's the kind of garbage he was getting involved in, late in the game.

faridmon

Where does Everton factor in?

amuse me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom