• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

I never quit. Still zero percent DNF. But I'm in a bad spot right now, might even get relegated from division four if I keep continuing like this. I just don't finish my chances :(

Don't feel ashamed, I have yet to win a game in div 9.

And @ pappe : I dislike FUT tbh, it feels like a different game.

Slizz

I never quit. Still zero percent DNF. But I'm in a bad spot right now, might even get relegated from division four if I keep continuing like this. I just don't finish my chances :(

Thats impressive. I've quit a bit, but usually due to poor timing lol. I think I can squeeze a game in before a friend comes to get me or I have to go somewhere and end up underestimating the length of the game and have to quit.

Been a few frustration quits before too but I've stayed in some games where people drop 5+ on me.

EDIT:

If you're looking for arcadey football then def play FUT. Shit is garbage with stupid boost cards and shit you can buy. Thats why I hate FIFA's goals of the week shit cause its 99% FUT doing bullshit goals against AI or scrub people that would never happen in a regular Seasons game.

F365 said:
Rodgers claimed Liverpool are a match for anyone before the game and the manager continued this train of thought after the narrow defeat. "There was 21 points difference before this game but it wasn't 21 points in terms of quality, it was 21 points in terms of the depth of the squad," he said.

There is no point denying the gulf in quality between the two teams (last season ended with a 37-point gap), even though the visitors were certainly competitive in the second half. However, six of the 12 teams below Liverpool in the table have also lost to United by only a single goal this season, while Swansea and Norwich have collectively earned four points from the league leaders. Rodgers can argue that Liverpool didn't look a side now 24 points behind United, but neither did Reading look 22 points behind in their 4-3 defeat on December 1 and Newcastle 23 points behind on Boxing Day.

Fair point. I generally find the whole 'we can beat anyone on our day' type statement to be a tad ridiculous. Part of the attraction of football is that any team can pull off a win on their day. Seems a virtually null point and it's certainly not a flattering one.

Linius

Thats impressive. I've quit a bit, but usually due to poor timing lol. I think I can squeeze a game in before a friend comes to get me or I have to go somewhere and end up underestimating the length of the game and have to quit.

Been a few frustration quits before too but I've stayed in some games where people drop 5+ on me.

EDIT:

If you're looking for arcadey football then def play FUT. Shit is garbage with stupid boost cards and shit you can buy. Thats why I hate FIFA's goals of the week shit cause its 99% FUT doing bullshit goals against AI or scrub people that would never happen in a regular Seasons game.

There are times I feel like quiting. But I know how much I hate it my self, so I don't :p

Yep, my GT is nyx1978 if you want a game or two.

Cool, expect Don Randy to add you.

Also, was just playing a game and got kicked out of EA online in the middle of the match. Been happening often lately. I'm still online with my Xbox and my NAT is open, just the EA online thing that kicks me :S

Fair point. I generally find the whole 'we can beat anyone on our day' type statement to be a tad ridiculous. Part of the attraction of football is that any team can pull off a win on their day. Seems a virtually null point and it's certainly not a flattering one.

brendan-rodgers-davidebeo3.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
The stag thing looks so good. Recent legendaries have been mostly hideous but these ones are a bit more like the first three generations.

I fucking hate legendaries. You started off with the three birds, Mewtwo and Mew. That's fine. Then the three dogs and Ho-Oh/Lugia. Also fine, even if you add Celebi.

And then you have Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza. That's fine. But why all the Regis? In Gen 4, why the fucking lords of space and time and the god of all fucking Pokemon? And then you had Shaymin and Darkrai and Manaphy and Deoxys and Rotom and Djduiddusauaahaushaha. Gen 5 was the same, had about 10 legendaries.

Should be five for a generation max, and shouldn't have ludicrous things like the creator of all.

arkon

I fucking hate legendaries. You started off with the three birds, Mewtwo and Mew. That's fine. Then the three dogs and Ho-Oh/Lugia. Also fine, even if you add Celebi.

And then you have Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza. That's fine. But why all the Regis? In Gen 4, why the fucking lords of space and time and the god of all fucking Pokemon? And then you had Shaymin and Darkrai and Manaphy and Deoxys and Rotom and Djduiddusauaahaushaha. Gen 5 was the same, had about 10 legendaries.

Should be five for a generation max, and shouldn't have ludicrous things like the creator of all.

I loved the birds. Articuno was always my favourite.

Linius

Okay EA, why are you fucking with me? Second time in a row the EA Servers just logged me off. Both games I was playing good (second game I was 1-0 up) and now I 'lost' both games. This shit is going to make me angrier than it should.

Yen

Does anyone know when Louie premieres in the UK? It's going to be on "FOX" (FX rebranded).

Edit: answer my own question:
FOX TV UK ‏@FOXtvUK
He’s original. He’s brutal. He’s seminal. Are you ready for Louis CK? #Louie premieres on Tues 22nd Jan, 9pm http://ow.ly/gNrmW #FOXtvUK

Slizz

Do the fullbacks in FIFA ever attack? How does the positioning work in that game. Does the AI make runs?

Rafael and Evra constantly make overlapping runs when I play United. Evra almost always comes forward and leaves you susceptible to the counter just like in real life.

The fact Liverpool haven't beaten any of the teams above them suggests it isn't just an issue with squad depth.

dc89

Guidetti looks like a fat Phil Jones.

He's been out for 9 months, the virus he had completely destroyed him physically! In quite a few of the Inside City's they showed you him working on his fitness, doing laps of a pitch on this bike thing which you stand on and then push with one leg.

Just a shame he's only just back now, Newcastle would love him on loan :p

Meier

Do the fullbacks in FIFA ever attack? How does the positioning work in that game. Does the AI make runs?

If you leave it on the default, they might make them depending on the team I imagine. It can leave you very vulnerable though -- if you change the tactics to defensive or ultra defensive, they won't for sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom