• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

u wanna see something shocking?

neuebitmapkopv1.png

thats me, 2009, in a chelsea shit lol

FunnyGifs19.gif

arkon

HBA says he'll talk to the coach and owner of Newcastle at the end of the season. If we're ambitious, he'll stay.

That's him gone then.

Hopefully whoever buys him will pay us big money.

How many years does he have left on his contract?

Randdalf

Been reading some rather depressing articles on Wikipedia about the history of the Premier League following this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/14/premier-league-split-financial-fair-play. Man City and Chelsea are obviously not in favour of domestic financial fair play, but then neither are clubs like West Brom because it means that it would further cement the success of the big clubs like Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool as they have huge fan bases. Also, one thing I never knew about before is that FIFA tried to make all European top leagues into 18 team leagues in 2006-2007.

"fit" is an amusing word to describe someone's looks.

I laugh at "buzzing" too. I think North-East folks say that a lot.

Its one of those words where if you grow up with it, you can instantly differentiate the usages based on context without even thinking about it. Do Americans use it to describe general attractiveness, or only literal fitness?

Kyoufu

Been reading some rather depressing articles on Wikipedia about the history of the Premier League following this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/14/premier-league-split-financial-fair-play. Man City and Chelsea are obviously not in favour of domestic financial fair play, but then neither are clubs like West Brom because it means that it would further cement the success of the big clubs like Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool as they have huge fan bases. Also, one thing I never knew about before is that FIFA tried to make all European top leagues into 18 team leagues in 2006-2007.

I can see why small clubs would be opposed to it. They're obviously hoping for oil money.

Words I started using between 14 and 18

Fit: Attractive
Buff: Attractive
Hench: Muscular/large (but not fat)
Brass: Shit
Barry: Idiot/bellend (distinctly for people in my sixth form)
Allow: Leave
I still say "allow it". It seems the newer version of that is Lethal Bizzle's "leaaveeeee it!".

"heavy" and "hectic" were also used to describe something as good but soon faded.

"Sick" has lasted the course.

I still say "allow it". It seems the newer version of that is Lethal Bizzle's "leaaveeeee it!".

"heavy" and "hectic" were also used to describe something as good but soon faded.

"Sick" has lasted the course.

The people from Slough at work still say sick, bruv :p

One of them honestly says bruv at least once per sentence. I wonder if he knows that he does it

Oh yeah, and brasscat was used for a bit to describe someone who is a twat. Normally in banter

Yen

Apparently Texeira played very well earlier today, and the reserve coaches have earmarked him for the first team next season

Heard that. Was in a back brace for 8 months, and that's why we've heard so little of him since signing him this time last year.

The people from Slough at work still say sick, bruv :p

One of them honestly says bruv at least once per sentence. I wonder if he knows that he does it

Oh yeah, and brasscat was used for a bit to describe someone who is a twat. Normally in banter
The best one for calling somebody a twat is without doubt wasteman.

"Peng" was another one for good looking girls. Never got that one.

Wastecadet LOL we had that too but it never went mainstream.

In my school everybody referred to each other as their "breh", some kind of variation on "bredrin".

My favourite was Milkman
No idea what it meant though

Also there was some game called Kick The Homeless
if you were on the ground at any point of the day you were done for

Norf Weezy (north west London) - where if you made somebody "switch" there was a high chance you'd get "jacked" and possibly "shanked".

I'm 22, so I guess between 2003-2008.

You're a year younger than me, and I'm only 30 miles or so from NW London. Seems like a lot of those words came about when Lethal Bizzle had his brief stint of ironic popularity

Meier

Anyone know anything about this Will Hughes kid from Derby? Keep seeing City linked with him for a relatively large amount of money which seems a bit pointless since he's just a young teenager (17 I think?) and there's no way he'll break into the first team right away.

Clegg

Hamann is a very articulate, thoughtful man who has a great understanding of the game.

Joey Barton stubbed a lit cigar in a persons eye.

Who's the cunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom