• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Verano
Nationality: Mexican.....American
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135lbs.
Preferred Foot: Right
Preferred Position: CM

Might as well volunteer for this shit.

Name: sohois
Nationality: English
Height: 182cm
Weight: 70kg
Preferred Foot: Both
Preferred Position: DR/DL

Not sure what's going on, but I want in!

CM
Height:180 cm
Weight:80 kg
Preferred foot: Right

Am I missing anything?

I like it. The Herald article I read called him a "wonderkid". From what I can tell, he's done alright in the A-League, impressed on trial, and definitely seems to have the physical build for the SPL. So I guess we'll see how much a step up he's making.

Name: Lego
Nationality: Scottish
Height: 192 cm
Weight: 90 kg (I wish)
Preferred foot: Right
Preferred position: ST or CB (I'm Dion Dublin, bitch)

4 new members

Hell yeah, motherfuckers

dUVxg.jpg

GorillaJu

Can't wait to see Borini, Suarez and Sturridge all together. It looked like a good trio when they had some time together against United. Had lots and lots of chances where in the first half we had none.

Fry

Can't wait to see Borini, Suarez and Sturridge all together. It looked like a good trio when they had some time together against United. Had lots and lots of chances where in the first half we had none.

It's the perfect time to try them. Suso and Sterling haven't been working as well as we thought it would, so it's a good time to bench them.

I think Sturridge is going to score a lot of goals for Liverpool.

GorillaJu

It's the perfect time to try them. Suso and Sterling haven't been working as well as we thought it would, so it's a good time to bench them.

I think Sturridge is going to score a lot of goals for Liverpool.

I wouldn't say that about Suso and Sterling – it's really rare for such a young player to be a game winner on a consistent basis (those who are, like Rooney or Owen, are once-in-a-decade players). I think they've both shown they can be important PL players in the future for Liverpool. You just can't rely on two 18 year olds for creating every attack.

Anyway I share your enthusiasm about Sturridge. He's scored in both appearances for us so far and looks a proper goal scorer – his movement is all about bringing the ball forward and he's got a poacher's instinct too. We haven't had a player like him since Torres.

Salazar

BuYs5.png

Where do you think they will/would you like them to go ?

Post a formation, morsel. It feels good.

Fry

I wouldn't say that about Suso and Sterling – it's really rare for such a young player to be a game winner on a consistent basis (those who are, like Rooney or Owen, are once-in-a-decade players). I think they've both shown they can be important PL players in the future for Liverpool. You just can't rely on two 18 year olds for creating every attack.

Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. Sterling's been the less inconsistent player, and actually scored two important goals in the PL.

Zabojnik

Stop giving long contract to shit players, all those reserve players of yours are more like medical leeches, just taking away some of what needs to taken away.

JuveAlessioSecco_01.jpg

"Give me a fucking break, will ya? I went from being the guy in charge of the xerox machine under Moggi to Juve's sporting director over night. And it's not like I did everything wrong, although I've certainly tried."

Something that really impressed me about Sturridge against Man Utd was his intelligence in placing himself in the box in an area where the ball is likely to end up. Sure, it would have been great if he'd scored one of those chances, but it bodes well to have him immediately getting on the end of things close to goal. Hopefully and indicator that he's capable of being part-poacher/finisher, part-creator. When I watched him at Chelsea, his MO seemed to be picking the ball up 20 yards from goal, foregoing an easy pass and taking the ball too wide to get a decent shot in,and doing it anyway.

If he constantly does that for us he'll find himself out of the team pretty quickly. If he plays the role he did against Mansfield and Man Utd to a similar effectiveness, he could be our primary goalscorer for years to come

Fry

6 more months. 3M€ per year contract. I don't even remember the last time he played for us. Might've been 2010.

Thank you Alessio Secco!

Did Juventus play against Man City in the past years?

I think I remember that game, and I remember Iaquinta scoring a nice goal from outside the area.

GorillaJu

Something that really impressed me about Sturridge against Man Utd was his intelligence in placing himself in the box in an area where the ball is likely to end up. Sure, it would have been great if he'd scored one of those chances, but it bodes well to have him immediately getting on the end of things close to goal. Hopefully and indicator that he's capable of being part-poacher/finisher, part-creator. When I watched him at Chelsea, his MO seemed to be picking the ball up 20 yards from goal, foregoing an easy pass and taking the ball too wide to get a decent shot in,and doing it anyway.

If he constantly does that for us he'll find himself out of the team pretty quickly. If he plays the role he did against Mansfield and Man Utd to a similar effectiveness, he could be our primary goalscorer for years to come

Yeah that's a pretty apt description there. I have the same hope and the same apprehension. He also worked really hard in defense, which is nice to see, because it means he's keen to impress the manager and maybe isn't quite as arrogant as he seems to be on the surface

GorillaJu

So who from Team 1 or 2 is fed up with not getting enough minutes? Chance of play time increases dramatically if you join team 3 , aka Leftovers United FC.

Lightning

Banned
Very important game tomorrow. I wish Mikel was fit... Fucking Wenger's fault with our great squad depth that forces the guy to play every match. Cazorla's injury is next as he is forced to play every match as well.

Lol no I don't think it's started yet I'm just being a dick and poaching players. We need reinforcements!

I'm in my prime, it would ruin my career if I was being rotated with 2 others. I need constant gametime, even if I'd have to play on the same team as Lunchbox. How are the wages on Team 3? I might pull a Remy :p

Salazar

Beefburgers sold by Tesco and other supermarkets have been found to contain horse meat, it emerged last night.

Tests on products from four chains showed a third were contaminated.

Most revealed only small traces but in one Tesco offering 29 per cent of the 'beef' content was actually horse meat.

:lol

GorillaJu

I'm in my prime, it would ruin my career if I was being rotated with 2 others. I need constant gametime, even if I'd have to play on the same team as Lunchbox. How are the wages on Team 3? I might pull a Remy :p

if I recall correctly we're light on the right side (RB, RW) Lunchbox is permanently "injured" and forced to train with the youth team, he won't be in anyone's way.

FootballFan

Have I missed something here guys? What's going on.

We are making a team logo for when everyone on GAF comes to NZ to join the NZFC. Mission is to beat Auckland City and go to the Club World Cup.

It's something about Football Manager, not 100% sure. Someone is creating teams with Footy GAF guys.

Lightning

Banned
We are making a team logo for when everyone on GAF comes to NZ to join the NZFC. Mission is to beat Auckland City and go to the Club World Cup.

it's something about Football Manager, not 100%. Someone is creating teams with Footy GAF guys
It's summer here, not to hot though unlike Australia, and everyone is in full on mock the black caps mode here.

NZ great place to live but find somewhere more up class to enjoy a holiday. Auckland is shit for those wanting a holiday. Traffic is horrendous, roads are of poor quality, public transport is a joke, so yeah not a great place for a holiday. Not a great place for a world cup either. Stadiums too small and public transport is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom