• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
lulz Wenger

Yeah, not so much.

When you really think about it, their famous academy hasn't produced a lot of top quality for a long time

Wilshere - fair enough
Chamberlain - most of the work done before he joined
Walcott - same
Fabregas - same
Chesney - not all that
Frimpong - meh

I mean, they have a decent output, but the way its talked about you'd expect more. I'd say they're better at putting the finishing touches on players than they are at truly developing them.

(And yes, I know that Sterling was a rising star well before we bought him)

FootballFan

This has to be you.

NMZIu.png

FootballFan

pahaha!! I knew it would get noticed! In all honesty, I was hoping Salazar would notice it first. He loves his destiny talk.

:lol you say the same thing here. And the 89. And the fact that it was posted 1 minute before you posted here.

How wouldn't it get noticed. Haha

dc89

Seems a bit disrespectful to the manager who won your first trophy for 40 years...

Not at all. I do think Pep is coming to City though. Come on, every other week GAF are saying Mancini is shit and City should do better. Mancini will be a club legend, regardless of how he parts company.

I'd personally quite like to see him move upstairs, maybe turf Marwood out of the academy set up. But I think Mancini enjoys being a manager so I can't see that happening.

dc89

Destiny and Deserve.

Indispensable in any mug's vocabulary.

Mancini a "club legend" ?

Good grief.

You're so ice cold.

Of course he is! He's up there with Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. The later being two real legends.

malcolm-allison.jpg

The style.

Lightning

Banned
When you really think about it, their famous academy hasn't produced a lot of top quality for a long time

Wilshere - fair enough
Chamberlain - most of the work done before he joined
Walcott - same
Fabregas - same
Chesney - not all that
Frimpong - meh

I mean, they have a decent output, but the way its talked about you'd expect more. I'd say they're better at putting the finishing touches on players than they are at truly developing them.

(And yes, I know that Sterling was a rising star well before we bought him)
Wenger gets mixed up with guiding young careers and getting the best out of them and actually starting the development. Wenger is fantastic at getting the maximum out of his players but he isn't responsible for developing them at a beginner level.

Wenger transform Theirry Henry into the most lethal striker in the league, possibly the world. He coached Cesc into becoming an offensive juggernaut capable of ripping open any defence (unfortunately Barca have ruined that side of his game) and he is the reason RVP has blossomed into the gem that he is among many many more. If Alex Song stayed with us 2 more years instead of getting ahead of himself he would have blossomed into an outstanding player as well but he cut it short and is now heading downward.

If Walcott stays he could blossom under Wenger as that is what Wenger does but Southampton started Walcott. Not Wenger.

Szczesny never came through Arsenal's youth system. We was purchased at 16 like the others. I think Sporting Lisbon (not 100% sure, not Arsenal though) were the ones responsible for Szcz. He is a fantastic talent though, he will go a long way.

NeoGaf team 3, if you want adding in I need positions, height, weight, nationality, preferred foot.

Progress report:

Non-Playing Staff added.
Watford gone bye bye just like Palace
After Dark United is team 1
NeoGaf is team 2
All players removed from both teams
Everything such as tactics, ticket prices, stadiums, disliked people etc are now the same for both clubs

Now onto creating the players.

If its nt too late

Jeff Albertson
Rw / lw
5' 7
No idea on weight
Samoan

pappe

Indeed we do.

Look at that lots CM pairing:

Vivalaraza
Wilbury

Do you expect them to be there in the pissings of rain and when the tackles are flying in? Wilbz will use his new found fame to sleep with barely legal teens and Viva will be too busy counting his money to give a fuck.

Then look at their defenders:

Salazar
Arnie
Baconsaurus
WoodenLung

Salazar and Arnie will come to blows with each other. Bacon will be banned for ten games due to racially abusing an opposition player and Wooden will be too busy trying to harass the referee.

Not to forget team 2 have ME. I am the Ibra of this team or Mata depending on which position is assigned to me. Taking mediocre players around me to great heights. :p

Sky Italia reported yesterday evening that David Beckham offered himself to Milan recently, but he got rejected. I love David, I really do, he's great and everything, but there must be a limit even for him.

Also, Galliani said this:
I want Milan to be like Arsenal
insQ3djf0DWjf.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit, third team. Kingellesar, just make sure that even if every cunt wants to be CAM, it's just distributed to each position. I think there was 28 on each of the first two teams all nicely distributed

Unless team 3 just wanna leave themselves with no defenders and watch as Arnie leaps like a salmon above everyone, knocks it to Viva and I who tiki taka our way round the opposing midfield, knock it onto Pappe the Indian Messi © who dribbles into the box and lays it back to Yurt, who misses.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sky Italia reported yesterday evening that David Beckham offered himself to Milan recently, but he got rejected. I love David, I really do, he's great and everything, but there must be a limit even for him.

Also, Galliani said this:

insQ3djf0DWjf.gif

He's halfway there after selling your best playes and giving Pirlo to a title rival!

Mastadon

Banned
Place yerself on a spectrum

Oscar--Marin--Benayoun---Fletcher------Kagawa----Nolan----Rooney/Walters----Akinfenwa

I've actually developed a new weight measurement that I think should be adopted by Football-GAF.

For example, after a bit of over-indulgence during Christmas, I currently weigh 0.46 Michael Johnsons (MJs).

y24hS.png

GorillaJu

Every time Guardiola speaks I am reminded how humble he is. Hope he comes to the PL. Rodgers can't carry the whole league in class and humility.

Nyx

On my 3rd coffee, decided to read the newspaper.

On the frontpage it says : ''Sylvie and Rafael van der Vaart are going to give their relationship another chance''

Really, the last two weeks have been full with non-news about these two separating, and now it's frontpage news that they're going to try again?

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

United bros, deploy formations for tonight's Big Sam slaying.

I respectfully suggest:

---------------------De GOAT------------------

-Toblerone---Smalling-----Evans----Butters-

Luis Nani---Fletch-----Scholes---Kagawa-san

--------------------Roon-hound-----------------

-----------------------Chicha--------------------

On my 3rd coffee, decided to read the newspaper.

On the frontpage it says : ''Sylvie and Rafael van der Vaart are going to give their relationship another chance''

Really, the last two weeks have been full with non-news about these two separating, and now it's frontpage news that they're going to try again?

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

Stop reading shit newspapers. :p

Hindle

Banned
It would be hilarious if Guardiola and Mouruniho both flopped when they come to The PL.

On another note The article the mail is running about Peps desire to coach in England is touching. Wembley clearly means a lot to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom