• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it seems like Sandro is out of the game on the weekend I'm alot more confident.

Sandro + Dembele is a beasting midfield and would give us hell.

No way is Fletcher going to play that game or capable to. He has no energy these days and isn't playing at Old Trafford because he can't hack it on the heavy pitch. No chance he can manage a tough away fixture. Cleverley has plenty of energy, he isn't particularly good at the defensive side of things, actually he's pretty pants at it, but he has the energy to press. Anderson does too but he gasses after 60 mins and is coming back from a lay off.

It'll be Clev and Carrick as it should be. Both in form and doing well together. No need to change it. I'd like to see Kagawa play out wide again and drop inside giving us numbers and lots of short passing options...but Walker and Lennon are a massive threat, we probably need to focus on dealing with them...but with no Young, not sure who would play out there. Welbeck I suppose.

Clegg

I think Kagawa will do fine.

He's only back from a two month injury after all.

Wouldn't play him against Spurs though. I'd play Welbeck on the left instead. He had a good game against Liverpool. He just can't score to save his life.

I think Kagawa will do fine.

He's only back from a two month injury after all.

Wouldn't play him against Spurs though.
I would be okay with playing him at #10. Spurs play 2 CM's so it won't be as congested in there.

But if Rooney is fit, big if lol, then he should play.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f1%2fContribution-Leaderboard.jpg

I was wondering why you wouldn't go back to 4-3-3 considering the strength of Licht at RB and how good your midfield 3 are, but then I suppose you either sacrifice Awesomoah or play him further up the pitch. But him on one side, Gio/Vucinic on the other and Llorente in the middle would be beautiful

It makes sense (tactical wise) to use a 3-5-2 against Udinese, Napoli and pretty much everyone with a back three I guess, but fuck knows why we went in with that against Sampdoria at home and Parma.
LLShC.gif

-

Team 2 is fabulous.
3AQmK.gif
Can't wait for the derby!

Kyoufu

Since coming up to the Premier League we've beat Chelsea twice in the league, drawn once and lost once. lol.

QPR fan!

What do you make of this wild spending? 80k per week for an off form player who doesn't give a shit about anything.

Aren't you lot worried?

Clegg

I would be okay with playing him at #10. Spurs play 2 CM's so it won't be as congested in there.

But if Rooney is fit, big if lol, then he should play.
I was going under the assumption that SAF would choose the same formation as the Liverpool game.

Kagawa out left and then switching with Welbeck/Rooney at various points in the game.

Polari

It's a big gamble but with the television money increasing next year hopefully it pays off. I think we've got what it takes to stay up, we're mid-table in terms of form at the moment and only five points from safety. Since the Liverpool game we've won two and drawn two and the performances have been pretty good all told. We need to start winning against teams in the bottom half of the table though.

I was going under the assumption that SAF would choose the same formation as the Liverpool game.

Kagawa out left and then switching with Welbeck/Rooney at various points in the game.
Yeah he may well do but when was the last time we went unchanged personnel/set-up wise!

I think Welbeck playing up front was clearly a tactic designed to press Liverpool and force them into errors and it worked perfectly. Welbeck is brilliant at doing that and Liverpool are very susceptible to it.

Similarly think Kagawa coming in from the left was to help us in midfield and get a passing game going.

I don't see the need for that focus against Spurs. The threat is going to be down the flanks and that's where we will need to stop them. So if that task is handed to anybody surely Welbeck over Shinji...but guess we will wait and see!

I was actually just listening to The Anfield Wrap and their analysis of the Liverpool/United game. It's very good - a Liverpool love-in, but it's basically 5/6 scousers just taking apart Brentan's tactics. Seriously it was a good listen and quite a few interesting tid-bits like Skrtel in the wall on the free kick we scored from, wtf?

GorillaJu

Yeah he may well do but when was the last time we went unchanged personnel/set-up wise!

I think Welbeck playing up front was clearly a tactic designed to press Liverpool and force them into errors and it worked perfectly. Welbeck is brilliant at doing that and Liverpool are very susceptible to it.

Similarly think Kagawa coming in from the left was to help us in midfield and get a passing game going.

I don't see the need for that focus against Spurs. The threat is going to be down the flanks and that's where we will need to stop them. So if that task is handed to anybody surely Welbeck over Shinji...but guess we will wait and see!

I was actually just listening to The Anfield Wrap and their analysis of the Liverpool/United game. It's very good - a Liverpool love-in, but it's basically 5/6 scousers just taking apart Brentan's tactics. Seriously it was a good listen and quite a few interesting tid-bits like Skrtel in the wall on the free kick we scored from, wtf?

TAW is an excellent podcast. They have good guests and while they are of course more positive than negative about Liverpool, they're also honest and know a lot about football. It's a shame, in a sense, that it's a Liverpool focused pod, because their analysis is quite good and would be worth listening to for other people, but I really don't think many are interested in the idea of 2 hours of Liverpool talk. :lol

Just added Messi, FootballFan and Polari to team 3. It takes it up to 23 players so I think that will have to do unless anyone else wants to be added?

Got to go off in half hour so final team will have to be sorted before then!

3Sixty

Remy reminds me of when Kieran Richardson was at Sunderland.

Interviewer: "So, Kieran where do you think Sunderland can realistically finish this season?"

Richardson: "Champions league"

Many lols were had.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has been banned from driving for six months after failing to respond to police letters about speeding.

Tevez, 28, denies he was driving when his car was twice clocked speeding.

He said he did not recognise letters about the offences were from police as he did not recognise the word "constabulary".

The Argentinian admitted two offences of failing to give police information at Manchester Magistrates' Court.

Tevez, of Alderley Edge, Cheshire, was also ordered to pay fines and costs of £1,540.

His solicitor, Gwyn Lewis, told the court: "He does understand the word 'police', but not more complicated words.

"The letters are written from Cheshire Constabulary and the word 'police' doesn't appear on it anywhere."

lol

dc89

Wow £80k+ a week?!

There's only one deal better/worse than that. Wayne Bridge on £90k a week whilst playing at Brighton.

Courtesy of #BasedMarwood

In a DC type move I've just seen Pedobury now works at Nandos

Damn way to ruin Nandos for me I thought they only employed skilled chefs like on the KFC adverts

dc89

"Just catching a lift with @JackRodwell over to the tennis centre for the next part of the @citctweets event #MCFC http://t.co/KSrag6uT "

Rodwell should sell that Porsche and give the money back to Txiki, to say sorry for the past twelve weeks of him being bloody injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom