• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

xEgpk.png

Zabojnik

Bayern? Another club that basically runs itself. I guess we'll have to wait a few more years to finally see Pep exposed for the hack he is.

Slizz

This was totally out of left field right? I didn't miss pages of this thread linking Bayern as an option for Pep did I?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bayern? Another club that basically runs itself. I guess we'll have to wait a few more years to finally see Pep exposed for the hack he is.

It's what Mourinho being doing after Porto, I give you Chelsea but he went into that club with almost a blank check to buy players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's what Mourinho being doing after Porto, I give you Chelsea but he went into that club with almost a blank check to buy players.

Nyx

I’m very curious to see if Pep can be succesful at another club.

He might be a fantastic manager, but let’s be honest, if our grandma was managing Barcelona at the moment, they would still be top-class.

Meier

Disappointing news but what can ya do -- it makes a lot of sense for Pep but it's still surprising just the same. I think City will get Mourinho next. Has to happen..

Zabojnik

Why ? This ends all speculation about Guardiola and Heynckes. This way the situation is clear to everybody involved.

There've been cases like this before and it tends to end badly more often than not. Especially if there are already tensions inside the dressing room. Egos exploding and such, because problematic players already know that they won't have to deal with the current manager next season.

Tc91

nice little stopgap for pep till fergie retires ;)

Sir Alex Ferguson says he has 'three more years' at Manchester United
• Manager plans to stay 'as long as my health stays up'
• United manager wants to see his new players win league

Peps contract is 3 years.

The stars are aligned.

Error

Hilarious. Yes, because Inter and RM weren't already great clubs when Mou came in :rolleyes

fuenf

I’m very curious to see if Pep can be succesful at another club.

He might be a fantastic manager, but let’s be honest, if our grandma was managing Barcelona at the moment, they would still be top-class.

Unfortunately that's true. Thankfully Heynckes is proving this season that Bayern practically runs itself too.

3Sixty

The stars are aligned.

Pep won't last 3 years, he'll probably go on some spiritual mission like the weak animal that he his.

Empty

I wanted to see him prove himself, not go to another team that runs itself. He needs to be exposed as the average trainer he is. Tito is proving right now that Pep wasn't all that. All you need is Messi.

nah tito's success proves how great pep was. he created amazing fundamentals allowing for smooth, sustained success when he left.

unlike mourinho who leaves only chaos.

Unfortunately that's true. Thankfully Heynckes is proving this season that Bayern practically runs itself too.
This idea that a club runs itself and so the job is easy is bollocks.

Managing a club which has that infrastructure is a challenge all within itself.

It's not as big a challenge as going to a club and building the infrastructure up yourself, true, but how many managers and coaches do that anymore?

Guardiola will have the task of winning everything in sight straight away. If he does that he's done all he can do. Simple.

Hana-Bi

I wanted to see him prove himself, not go to another team that runs itself. He needs to be exposed as the average trainer he is. Tito is proving right now that Pep wasn't all that. All you need is Messi.

Since when does Bayern runs itself? Since they lost miserably against Chelsea? Bayern may have a good team, but they clearly lack the mental state to win big games. Like the german national team.

pulga

Banned
Hilarious. Yes, because Inter and RM weren't already great clubs when Mou came in :rolleyes

Mou proved himself at Porto and built Chelsea from the ground up. Pep's gone from one rich, built team to another.

Why are you even bringing Mourinho into this? Barcelona fans can't help but compare themselves to us, every single time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why ? This ends all speculation about Guardiola and Heynckes. This way the situation is clear to everybody involved.
*IMO*

What Zabo said +

The players (and probably the coach himself) won't be as motivated now that Pep is coming next season.

Their redemption season suddenly turned into a transitional one. Their style of play and formation is going to change with Pep.

dc89

The stars are aligned.

In 3 years you'll be lucky to be debt free and to have a thin Anderson.

City will have world class facilities and his mates will be upstairs still.

Dem stars lie to you bro.

Error

The argument that Barcelona was already good when Pep came in is bullshit.

He came into a team that finished 4th in the league (18 points behind the champion) and in a dressing room that was a fucking circus. He made the team into one of the best, if not the best, sides in the history of the sport.

Barcelona before Pep was average at best, nothing like now.

Blablurn

Its crazy what happened to bayern in the last 3, 4 years. we may have not won many titles but we definitely stepped up to europes biggest teams. two champions league finales, being able to buy players like martinez for 40m or neuer for 20m. and now we even got pep. all we need are titles haha

Zabojnik

True, but at Bayern you have plenty of powerful people behind the trainer that won't be gone after this season. Behaving like shit is not going to work, especially since Heynckes is on good terms with Hoeneß/Rummenigge.

Time will tell. I like Heynckes. :(

Sure, I'd be overjoyed worried if it happened at Inter, I'm sure Bayern will be fine. Has Heynckes said anything about this being his last season with Bayern before?

fuenf

Its crazy what happened to bayern in the last 3, 4 years. we may have not won many titles but we definitely stepped up to europes biggest teams. two champions league finales, being able to buy players like martinez for 40m or neuer for 20m. and now we even got pep. all we need are titles haha

yep we might have lost the CL last season, but it only made us stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom